Grand Traverse from Auckland - Top rated by National Geographic
- Our saving
- US $ 2,053
- Dig your own hot pool on a stunning beach
- Camp out by beaches and by lakes
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Cycle sections of the NZL cycle trail
- Age range
- 18 to 60 year olds
- Hostel, Camping, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Travel style
- Adventure, Bicycle, Hiking & Trekking
- Rather Poor
- IwonaWritten on April 22, 20184.5 - Excellent
The weather made that many points from the program were not done/seen. That's the real pity. I would be advise to share 1 week before the trip the weather conditions so accordingly people could adjust if they go or not. Also to inform about the clothes to... Read moreShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewHI Iwona, I am sorry to hear you didnt get great weather but thanks for the feedback and we will pass this through to our team. Its always changeable in nz but we work around this as best we can.
- KHKaraWritten on April 15, 20184.5 - Excellent
Fabulous adventure camping tour covering a broad range of nature, hiking , adventure experiences. The guides were so fun and accomodating, knowledgeable and well Organized. The group a fun mix of people from all over the world. At 60, I had no problems... Read moreShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewSo pleased you had a great tour Kara and thanks for your feedback
- THTingWritten on January 28, 20184.5 - Excellent
I had such a good time on my Grand Traverse tour with Robbi-John and Bente that I extended my trip with Flying Kiwi to stay on with the group! It was the best decision. If I were to do it all over again, I would book the Ultimate Explorer to get the full... Read moreShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewthanks for the kind words Ting and we will pass your comment on to the guides :)
- CristinaWritten on December 4, 20175.0 - Excellent
I really enjoyed the experience of spending so much time outdoors. This was my first time really hiking, and thanks to the Tongariro and Routeburn tracks, I have a new found love! The Flying Kiwi team does an exceptional job at enhancing each individuals... Read moreShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks so much for the kind words Cristina and so pleased you had a great trip. :)
- PamelaWritten on March 29, 20174.5 - Excellent
The camping equipment, food and knowledge of places was A1. Bus wasn't comfortable on the longer legs of travel. The guides wer great listeners and tailored advice to the interests of a wide range of travellers. Excellent value for money. To cater for a... Read moreShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewthanks for the great comments re the equipment, food, guides and places and we are so pleased to see you had a great trip. :) Its very unusual and unfortunate that due to a technical issue we had to change buses for some of your trip. Our newer vehicles do cover the tour faster and we only use these backup vehicles to cover these exceptional circumstances and ensure the tour can continue to sun smoothly. Hopefully you will get to try us again one day.
- ASALICEWritten on July 1, 20164.5 - Excellent
It's a trip of a lifetimeShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewthanks alice and so pleased to hear you had a great trip
- AAnonymousWritten on March 15, 2010
I came back from the most amazing three month trip around USA, NZ, Aus, Thailand and Malaysia in March of last year. I am writing about all of the highlights and best things we did whilst we were travelling - one of which was definitely the Flying Kiwi... Read moreFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewSo pleased this was one of the highlights of your exciting trip.
- AAnonymousWritten on March 9, 2010
I decided to travel with flying kiwi as i wanted to travel witha group but something a little less party style. The trip was absolutely perfect....guides were great and met heaps of cool people from all corners of the globe. the highlight of the trip... Read moreFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks - your description of the trips is also absolutely perfect! :)
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
DAY 1: AUCKLAND - COROMANDEL
Start point Bus stop (opposite ferry terminal), 172 Quay Street, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010, New Zealand 10:00
- DAY 2: COROMANDEL - ROTORUA
- DAY 3: ROTORUA - TONGARIRO
- DAY 4: TONGARIRO - KAPITI COAST
- DAY 5: KAPITI COAST - WELLINGTON - PICTON
- DAY 6: PICTON - KAIKOURA
- DAY 7: KAIKOURA - CHRISTCHURCH - RANGITATA
- DAY 8: RANGITATA - LAKE PUKAKI
- DAY 9: LAKE PUKAKI - AORAKI NATIONAL PARK - MOERAKI
- DAY 10: MOERAKI - DUNEDIN
- DAY 11: DUNEDIN - FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK
- DAY 12: FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK - MILFORD SOUND - TE ANAU
- DAY 13: TE ANAU - QUEENSTOWN
- DAY 14: QUEENSTOWN
DAY 15: QUEENSTOWN
End point Corner of Shotover and Camp Street, The Station, Queenstown, Otago Region 9300, New Zealand 14:30
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can you please provide more information about how this Lord of the Rings tour operates?
The Grand Traverse is great for 'Lord of the Rings' fans! The Hobbiton tour is enjoyed on day two of the tour in Rotorua and the 'Pure Glenorchy - Scenic Lord of the Rings Tour' is available either day on our 2 day stop in Queenstowa at the end of the trip.
What is the age range of the tour participants?
Most Flying Kiwi Passengers are solo travelers and the age range is 20-70 on most tours, so there is always a fun mix of people aboard.
I would like to know more about the accommodation included on this tour.
Shared tent accommodation for 2 people per tent are what's included in the Grand Traverse tour price. You can upgrade to have your own tent for the duration of the tour for an additional cost. Please contact us to arrange this.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Travel addict who loves nothing more than sharing that addiction...."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Desislava12th June 2018
Grand Traverse from Auckland - Top rated by National Geographic
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Auckland15 DaysSaturdayDec 8, 2018to QueenstownOnly 1 seat left$103USD $2,053
- MondayDec 3, 2018from Auckland15 DaysMondayDec 17, 2018to QueenstownOnly 1 seat left$103USD $2,053
- WednesdayDec 12, 2018from Auckland15 DaysWednesdayDec 26, 2018to QueenstownOnly 1 seat left$103USD $2,053
- FridayDec 21, 2018from Auckland15 DaysFridayJan 4, 2019to Queenstown4 seats left$103USD $2,053
- SundayDec 30, 2018from Auckland15 DaysSundayJan 13, 2019to QueenstownOnly 1 seat left$103USD $2,053
- TuesdayJan 8, 2019from Auckland15 DaysTuesdayJan 22, 2019to Queenstown0 seats left$103USD $2,053Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayJan 17, 2019from Auckland15 DaysThursdayJan 31, 2019to QueenstownOnly 1 seat left$103USD $2,053
- SaturdayJan 26, 2019from Auckland15 DaysSaturdayFeb 9, 2019to QueenstownOnly 1 seat left$103USD $2,053
- MondayFeb 4, 2019from Auckland15 DaysMondayFeb 18, 2019to Queenstown4 seats left$103USD $2,053
- WednesdayFeb 13, 2019from Auckland15 DaysWednesdayFeb 27, 2019to Queenstown4 seats left$103USD $2,053
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Queenstown is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Flying Kiwi booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 January 2019 the full payment of $2,053 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2053 for Grand Traverse from Auckland - Top rated by National Geographic, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Flying Kiwi will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Flying Kiwi tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 66 km
- Coromandel (New Zealand)
- 167 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 40 km
- Turangi (New Zealand)
- 32 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 65 km
- Picton (New Zealand)
- 126 km
- Kaikoura (New Zealand)
- 151 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,053 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,049 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 73 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Grand Traverse from Auckland - Top rated by National Geographic via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Grand Traverse from Auckland - Top rated by National Geographic