Grand Traverse (from Auckland) - 15 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,730
- Dig your own hot pool on a stunning beach
- Camp out by beaches and by lakes
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Cycle sections of the NZL cycle trail
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Hostel, Camping, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Travel style
- Adventure, Discovery, Christmas & New Year
- Flying Kiwi
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
DAY 1: AUCKLAND - COROMANDEL
Start point Bus stop (opposite ferry terminal), 172 Quay Street, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010, New Zealand 10:00
- DAY 2: COROMANDEL - ROTORUA
- DAY 3: ROTORUA - TONGARIRO
- DAY 4: TONGARIRO - KAPITI COAST
- DAY 5: KAPITI COAST - WELLINGTON - PICTON
- DAY 6: PICTON - KAIKOURA
- DAY 7: KAIKOURA - CHRISTCHURCH - RANGITATA
- DAY 8: RANGITATA - LAKE TEKAPO
- DAY 9: LAKE TEKAPO - AORAKI NATIONAL PARK - MOERAKI
- DAY 10: MOERAKI - DUNEDIN
- DAY 11: DUNEDIN - FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK
- DAY 12: FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK - MILFORD SOUND - TE ANAU
- DAY 13: TE ANAU - QUEENSTOWN
- DAY 14: QUEENSTOWN
DAY 15: QUEENSTOWN
End point Corner of Shotover and Camp Street, The Station, Queenstown, Otago Region 9300, New Zealand 14:30
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- BSBillWritten on April 20, 20195.0 - Excellent
Robbie John and Frankie were excellent! Very caring and attuned to the needs of the group.Both were great resources when it came to picking an activity. They both were also quite laid back which was appreciatedShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks for the feedback and exactly how we like to think or our guys - relaxed but helpful and professional :)
- JOJonathanWritten on April 14, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
An amazing trip with an awesome itinerary. Frankie and Robbie-John ran a great operation with a lot of laughs along the way!
- LHLoisWritten on March 28, 20194.0 - Good
Thank you Genna & Charlene for making this experience once in a lifetime!Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks Lois, we'll pass your comment onto the team :)
- CCCarlosWritten on March 21, 20195.0 - Excellent
Was a magical experience with lots of information and support from the touristic guidesShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks so much Carlos - glad you loved your tour
- CHCharlesWritten on March 9, 20195.0 - Excellent
The tour met all expectations! Frankie was excellent!Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewFantastic! Great to hear thanks Charles, hopefully we'll see you back on board one day :)
- SunnyWritten on February 19, 20194.5 - Excellent
lifetime experience!Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewSure is! Thanks Seonhee we're so pleased you enjoyed your trip :)
- SallyWritten on February 11, 20194.5 - Excellent
This tour was all I had hoped for and more. Genna and Charlene were fantastic, they were full of advice, helpful and good fun. Everyone on the bus got on really well, there was a wide range of ages and nationalities which worked well and made it all the... Read moreShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewGreat to hear Sally, so pleased you enjoyed your trip. Hopefully we'll see you back again one day :)
- RMRonaldWritten on January 19, 20194.5 - Excellent
The itinerary was excellent. The other travelers from various made the interactions fantastic. The group size was too big, but Robbie- John and Frankie did their best in a difficult situation. So many memories in one of the most beautiful countires in the... Read moreShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks Ronald and so great to hear you enjoyed your trip.
- AAnonymousWritten on November 24, 20184.5 - Excellent
Having a great guide, drivers as well as a diverse group that got along makes for a very memorable trip. It was fun camping. Everyone involved making dinner is a great idea.Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThank you for your great comments, we're so pleased you enjoyed your trip :)
- IwonaWritten on April 22, 20184.5 - Excellent
The weather made that many points from the program were not done/seen. That's the real pity. I would be advise to share 1 week before the trip the weather conditions so accordingly people could adjust if they go or not. Also to inform about the clothes to... Read moreShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewHI Iwona, I am sorry to hear you didnt get great weather but thanks for the feedback and we will pass this through to our team. Its always changeable in nz but we work around this as best we can.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can you please provide more information about how this Lord of the Rings tour operates?
The Grand Traverse is great for 'Lord of the Rings' fans! The Hobbiton tour is enjoyed on day two of the tour in Rotorua and the 'Pure Glenorchy - Scenic Lord of the Rings Tour' is available either day on our 2 day stop in Queenstowa at the end of the trip.
What is the age range of the tour participants?
Most Flying Kiwi Passengers are solo travelers and the age range is 20-70 on most tours, so there is always a fun mix of people aboard.
I would like to know more about the accommodation included on this tour.
Shared tent accommodation for 2 people per tent are what's included in the Grand Traverse tour price. You can upgrade to have your own tent for the duration of the tour for an additional cost. Please contact us to arrange this.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Travel addict who loves nothing more than sharing that addiction...."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Thomas4th July 2019
Grand Traverse (from Auckland) - 15 Days
- Upcoming departures
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- April 2021
- SaturdayOct 19, 2019from Auckland15 DaysSaturdayNov 2, 2019to Queenstown4 seats left$305$2,035-15%USD $1,730
- MondayOct 28, 2019from Auckland15 DaysMondayNov 11, 2019to Queenstown4 seats left$305$2,035-15%USD $1,730
- WednesdayNov 6, 2019from Auckland15 DaysWednesdayNov 20, 2019to Queenstown4 seats left$305$2,035-15%USD $1,730
- FridayNov 15, 2019from Auckland15 DaysFridayNov 29, 2019to Queenstown4 seats left$305$2,035-15%USD $1,730
- SundayNov 24, 2019from Auckland15 DaysSundayDec 8, 2019to Queenstown4 seats left$305$2,035-15%USD $1,730
- TuesdayDec 3, 2019from Auckland15 DaysTuesdayDec 17, 2019to Queenstown4 seats leftUSD $2,046
- ThursdayDec 12, 2019from Auckland15 DaysThursdayDec 26, 2019to Queenstown4 seats leftUSD $2,046
- SaturdayDec 21, 2019from Auckland15 DaysSaturdayJan 4, 2020to Queenstown4 seats leftUSD $2,046
- FridayDec 27, 2019from Auckland15 DaysFridayJan 10, 2020to Queenstown4 seats leftUSD $2,046
- MondayDec 30, 2019from Auckland15 DaysMondayJan 13, 2020to Queenstown4 seats leftUSD $2,046
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Queenstown is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 23 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 23 October 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Flying Kiwi. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Flying Kiwi. Please familiarise yourself with the Flying Kiwi payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Flying Kiwi will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Flying Kiwi tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 66 km
- Coromandel (New Zealand)
- 167 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 40 km
- Turangi (New Zealand)
- 32 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 65 km
- Picton (New Zealand)
- 126 km
- Kaikoura (New Zealand)
- 151 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,730 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,355 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 110 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Grand Traverse (from Auckland) - 15 Days via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Grand Traverse (from Auckland) - 15 Days