Ultimate Explorer from Auckland (28 days) - Top rated by National Geographic
- Our saving
- US $ 2,452
- Travel through stunning alpine scenery to Milford Sound
- Visit the famous Fox Glacier
- Kayak the river in Paparoa National Park
- Explore Abel Tasman National Park
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Hostel, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure, Bicycle, Christmas & New Year
- Flying Kiwi
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
DAY 1: AUCKLAND - HOT WATER BEACH
Start point Bus stop (opposite ferry terminal), 172 Quay Street, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010, New Zealand 10:00
- DAY 2: HOT WATER BEACH - ROTORUA
- DAY 3: ROTORUA - TURANGI
- DAY 4: TURANGI - PAEKAKARIKI
- DAY 5: PAEKAKARIKI - WELLINGTON - PICTON
- DAY 6: PICTON - KAIKOURA
- DAY 7: KAIKOURA - CHRISTCHURCH - RANGITATA
- DAY 8: RANGITATA - LAKE TEKAPO
- DAY 9: LAKE TEKAPO - MT COOK - MOERAKI
- DAY 10: MOERAKI - DUNEDIN
- DAY 11: DUNEDIN - FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK
- DAY 12: FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK - MILFORD SOUND - TE ANAU
- DAY 13: TE ANAU - QUEENSTOWN
- DAY 14: QUEENSTOWN
- DAY 15: QUEENSTOWN - LAKE WANAKA
- DAY 16: LAKE WANAKA - GLACIER COUNTRY
- DAY 17: GLACIER COUNTRY - OKARITO
- DAY 18: OKARITO - PUNAKAIKI
- DAY 19: PUNAKAIKI - ABEL TASMAN NATIONAL PARK
- DAY 20: ABEL TASMAN NATIONAL PARK
- DAY 21: ABEL TASMAN NATIONAL PARK
- DAY 22: ABEL TASMAN NATIONAL PARK - WELLINGTON
- DAY 23: WELLINGTON - NEW PLYMOUTH
- DAY 24: NEW PLYMOUTH - AUCKLAND
- DAY 25: AUCKLAND - BAY OF ISLANDS
- DAY 26: BAY OF ISLANDS
- DAY 27: BAY OF ISLANDS - OREWA
DAY 28: OREWA - AUCKLAND
End point Bus Stop (opposite ferry terminal, 172 Quay Street, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010, New Zealand 09:30
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- MMylesSichewskiWritten on March 26, 20195.0 - Excellent
Truly awesome. I had wanted to visit New Zealand for years and taking this tour was everything I imagined it would be. Our tour guides we're fantastic, friendly, and hard working. The food felt like home cooked, healthy, hearty meals. The hikes and bikes on... Read moreShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThank you for the review Myles - you've really summed up what we're all about! ????
- DSdeirdreWritten on February 24, 20195.0 - Excellent
Absolutely amazing 4 weeks on the Ultimate Explorer Tour. I was instantly made to feel part of the team on arrival and never felt that anything was too much to ask of the Flying Kiwi team on board, Craig and Anna. No matter what your reasons for touring... Read moreShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewFantastic, thanks Deirdre so pleased you enjoyed your trip! Our guides do an amazing job, I'll be sure to pass your comments onto Craig and Anna ????
- KatalinWritten on January 16, 20194.5 - Excellent
I have always dreamed about hiking and kayaking in New Zealand since I was a teenager but haven't made it there until now. I'm almost 70 so I thought I should not wait much longer and signed up for the 28-day Ultimate Explorer tour. I was a little bit... Read moreShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThank you for sharing Katalin, and thank you also for choosing Flying Kiwi for your trip of a lifetime! We are thrilled we exceeded your expectations and I'll pass your comments onto the team. Happy travels and all the best, Brenda
- SFSallyWritten on February 15, 20185.0 - Excellent
This tour was absolutely amazing!! Highly recommend, the tour guides were amazing!Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewthanks so much sally and so pleased you had a great trip - love the pic :)
- AAnonymousWritten on March 9, 2010
had a superb time on my trip with flying kiwi...fantastic guides, amazing memories and absolutely loved the heli hike on a glacier....a definite must and worth the exta money over the normal hike. the mix of people on the trip was great with a most people... Read moreFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks and appreciate the great comments.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Please can you tell me more about the type of accommodation on this trip?
This is a camping based tour and accommodation is made in tents on a shared basis (2 people of the same gender per tent).
There are options to upgrade to a single tent or cabins (in most locations) for an additional cost. The cost ranges from $10-$45 per night for a cabin with shared facilities to $25-$120 per night for an ensuite upgrade. These are subject to availability at the time of booking.
However, please note that if you would be travelling during the school holidays and general peak season, there is a good chance, that upgrades will not be available at all campsites anymore.
Do we stay in camps during the tour? Is there a way to upgrade the accommodation?
There are 4 nights where we stay in wilderness camps with no cabin upgrade options, so you are required to camp over there those nights.
Is there an upgrade available for the accommodations?
To pre-book a cabin upgrades there is a one off Pre-booking Service Fee. You can upgrade to a basic double room with shared bathroom which will cost you per night, or upgrade to an en-suite room (where possible as not all camps have en-suite rooms) will also cost you per night.
Once your Flying Kiwi tour is confirmed, we then contact each accommodation provider to check their availability and confirm costs. Please note all upgrades are subject to availability.
- Flying Kiwi Tour Video
- Tour Highlights
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Emma3rd March 2019
Ultimate Explorer from Auckland (28 days) - Top rated by National Geographic
- Upcoming departures
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- April 2021
- SaturdayOct 19, 2019from Auckland28 DaysFridayNov 15, 2019to Auckland4 seats left$494$2,885-15%USD $2,452
- MondayOct 28, 2019from Auckland28 DaysSundayNov 24, 2019to Auckland4 seats left$494$2,885-15%USD $2,452
- WednesdayNov 6, 2019from Auckland28 DaysTuesdayDec 3, 2019to Auckland4 seats left$494$2,885-15%USD $2,452
- FridayNov 15, 2019from Auckland28 DaysThursdayDec 12, 2019to Auckland4 seats left$494$2,885-15%USD $2,452
- SundayNov 24, 2019from Auckland28 DaysSaturdayDec 21, 2019to Auckland4 seats left$494$2,885-15%USD $2,452
- TuesdayDec 3, 2019from Auckland28 DaysMondayDec 30, 2019to Auckland4 seats left$72USD $2,881
- ThursdayDec 12, 2019from Auckland28 DaysWednesdayJan 8, 2020to Auckland4 seats left$72USD $2,881
- SaturdayDec 21, 2019from Auckland28 DaysFridayJan 17, 2020to Auckland4 seats left$72USD $2,881
- MondayDec 30, 2019from Auckland28 DaysSundayJan 26, 2020to Auckland4 seats left$72USD $2,881
- WednesdayJan 8, 2020from Auckland28 DaysTuesdayFeb 4, 2020to Auckland4 seats left$72USD $2,881
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Auckland.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 21 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 21 October 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Flying Kiwi. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Flying Kiwi. Please familiarise yourself with the Flying Kiwi payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Flying Kiwi will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Flying Kiwi tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 66 km
- Coromandel (New Zealand)
- 167 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 40 km
- Turangi (New Zealand)
- 32 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 65 km
- Picton (New Zealand)
- 126 km
- Kaikoura (New Zealand)
- 151 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,452 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,350 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 110 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Ultimate Explorer from Auckland (28 days) - Top rated by National Geographic via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Ultimate Explorer from Auckland (28 days) - Top rated by National Geographic