Ultimate Explorer from Auckland (28 days) - Top rated by National Geographic
- Our saving
- US $ 3,162
- Travel through stunning alpine scenery to Milford Sound
- Visit the famous Fox Glacier
- Kayak the river in Paparoa National Park
- Explore Abel Tasman National Park
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Hostel, Camping, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- SFSallyWritten on February 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis tour was absolutely amazing!! Highly recommend, the tour guides were amazing!Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewthanks so much sally and so pleased you had a great trip - love the pic :)
- AAnonymousWritten on March 9, 2010had a superb time on my trip with flying kiwi...fantastic guides, amazing memories and absolutely loved the heli hike on a glacier....a definite must and worth the exta money over the normal hike. the mix of people on the trip was great with a most people travelling solo but also a few small groups mainly from europe but also a few south americans - made loads of great friends and one of the best parts of the trip. if your thinking of it just go for it... you wont regret it :)Flying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks and appreciate the great comments.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1: AUCKLAND – HOT WATER BEACH
- DAY 2: HOT WATER BEACH - ROTORUA
- DAY 3: ROTORUA - TURANGI
- DAY 4: TURANGI - PAEKAKARIKI
- DAY 5: PAEKAKARIKI – WELLINGTON - PICTON
- DAY 6: PICTON - KAIKOURA
- DAY 7: KAIKOURA – CHRISTCHURCH - RANGITATA
- DAY 8: RANGITATA – LAKE PUKAKI
- DAY 9: LAKE PUKAKI – MT COOK - MOERAKI
- DAY 10: MOERAKI - DUNEDIN
- DAY 11: DUNEDIN - FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK
- DAY 12: FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK – MILFORD SOUND - TE ANAU
- DAY 13: TE ANAU - QUEENSTOWN
- DAY 14: QUEENSTOWN
- DAY 15: QUEENSTOWN - MAKARORA
- DAY 16: MAKAROA – FOX GLACIER
- DAY 17: FOX GLACIER - OKARITO
- DAY 18: OKARITO - PUNAKAIKI
- DAY 19: PUNAKAIKI - ABEL TASMAN NATIONAL PARK
- DAY 20: ABEL TASMAN NATIONAL PARK
- DAY 21: ABEL TASMAN NATIONAL PARK
- DAY 22: ABEL TASMAN NATIONAL PARK – WELLINGTON
- DAY 23: WELLINGTON – NEW PLYMOUTH
- DAY 24: NEW PLYMOUTH - AUCKLAND
- DAY 25: AUCKLAND – BAY OF ISLANDS
- DAY 26: BAY OF ISLANDS
- DAY 27: BAY OF ISLANDS - OREWA
- DAY 28: OREWA - AUCKLAND
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Please can you tell me more about the type of accommodation on this trip?
This is a camping based tour and accommodation is made in tents on a shared basis (2 people of the same gender per tent).
There are options to upgrade to a single tent or cabins (in most locations) for an additional cost. The cost ranges from $10-$45 per night for a cabin with shared facilities to $25-$120 per night for an ensuite upgrade. These are subject to availability at the time of booking.
However, please note that if you would be travelling during the school holidays and general peak season, there is a good chance, that upgrades will not be available at all campsites anymore.
- July 1, 2016
Do we stay in camps during the tour? Is there a way to upgrade the accommodation?
There are 4 nights where we stay in wilderness camps with no cabin upgrade options, so you are required to camp over there those nights.
- January 1, 2016
Is there an upgrade available for the accommodations?
To pre-book a cabin upgrades there is a one off Pre-booking Service Fee. You can upgrade to a basic double room with shared bathroom which will cost you per night, or upgrade to an en-suite room (where possible as not all camps have en-suite rooms) will also cost you per night.
Once your Flying Kiwi tour is confirmed, we then contact each accommodation provider to check their availability and confirm costs. Please note all upgrades are subject to availability.
6,298 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Australia/Oceania tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 22nd February 20181 comment"Hi. Really looking forward to trip and meeting up in NZ"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elena21st December 2017
Ultimate Explorer from Auckland (28 days) - Top rated by National Geographic
- Upcoming departures
- February 2018
- March 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- ThursdayFeb 22, 2018from Auckland28 DaysWednesdayMar 21, 2018to Auckland0 seats left$81USD $3,162Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayMar 3, 2018from Auckland28 DaysFridayMar 30, 2018to AucklandOnly 2 seats left$81USD $3,162
- MondayMar 12, 2018from Auckland28 DaysSundayApr 8, 2018to AucklandOnly 2 seats left$81USD $3,162
- WednesdayMar 21, 2018from Auckland28 DaysTuesdayApr 17, 2018to AucklandOnly 2 seats left$81USD $3,162
- FridayOct 19, 2018from Auckland28 DaysThursdayNov 15, 2018to AucklandOnly 2 seats left$83USD $3,237
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Auckland28 DaysSaturdayNov 24, 2018to AucklandOnly 2 seats left$83USD $3,237
- TuesdayNov 6, 2018from Auckland28 DaysMondayDec 3, 2018to AucklandOnly 2 seats left$83USD $3,237
- ThursdayNov 15, 2018from Auckland28 DaysWednesdayDec 12, 2018to AucklandOnly 2 seats left$83USD $3,237
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Auckland28 DaysFridayDec 21, 2018to AucklandOnly 2 seats left$83USD $3,237
- MondayDec 3, 2018from Auckland28 DaysSundayDec 30, 2018to AucklandOnly 2 seats left$83USD $3,237
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Auckland.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Flying Kiwi booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 April 2018 the full payment of $3,162 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3162 for Ultimate Explorer from Auckland (28 days) - Top rated by National Geographic, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Flying Kiwi will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Flying Kiwi tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 66 km
- Coromandel (New Zealand)
- 167 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 102 km
- Turangi (New Zealand)
- 32 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 65 km
- Picton (New Zealand)
- 126 km
- Kaikoura (New Zealand)
- 151 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 119 km
- Rangitata (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,162 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 929 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 55 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Ultimate Explorer from Auckland (28 days) - Top rated by National Geographic via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 6,298 travellers have already met
before they left for their Australia/Oceania tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Ultimate Explorer from Auckland (28 days) - Top rated by National Geographic