Egypt & Jordan Discovered By Nile Cruise
- Our saving
- US $ 1,061
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Coach / Bus, Jeep & 4WD, Ship, Boat, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- SSarahWritten on July 9, 20174.0 - GoodHi to all those who read this, I wanted to write a detailed review of this tour and for company so that when looking at trips to Egypt and Jordan you can book with a understanding of what this will actually look like. Firstly, I booked this tour because when I compared it to others it covered similar ancient sites to those run by the major companies like intrepid and g adventures, the price however was on sale 47% off which is really appealing to me being on a budget. The itinerary read well but it was almost impossible to get all the information you can easily find with other companies. The money you save booking this tour, they get it back in the end, through local taxes, tipping and some other payments they weren't quite clear on which aren't included in the price. On the first day of the tour I ended up paying an additional $US500. Even having paid this money in the tour meeting on the first night, all activities listed as included in the tour you have to pay for out of pocket. This could have been made clearer in the itinerary and I believe is deliberately deceptive on travel talks behalf. I have never come across this before where activities listed as included you have to pay for during the tour. So be prepared to have your wallet on hand several times a day to pay for things you thought you had paid for already. The first night of accommodation was changed and noone on the tour was told. For most this wasn't an issue as they had an airport transfer on the first day and it took them to the correct hotel. For me however I went there early to spend some time in Alexandria beforehand and became nervous when I had printed their itinerary with one hotel yet my transfer driver was saying another. Turns out it wasn't the one in the itinerary. They have been flexible and responsive to queries which is good because I have had many. They booked me a nights accommodation two days before the tour and included the airport transfer. The guy who picked me up was friendly and helpful getting me through the airport. Travel talk combine all versions of their Egypt tour into one by; Nile cruise, road and felucca. You can change which option you want to go on on the first night. This is helpful to give you an idea of who you will be spending time with in the middle of the trip. I went with the Nile cruise and was happy with this option. I travelled during June in their summer and wanted the air con and pool. Those who chose the felucca were also happy with their choice. This meant the group divided into two. There were 4 total on the Nile cruise which was great because we got to know each other well, we also got a new guide Michael who took the time to have a conversation with us and communicated everything we needed to know upfront. Sam our main guide, on the other hand, left us all with questions constantly. I never knew quite what was going on, or if he even knew my name. His Egypt knowledge is great but communication could improve, maybe this is something that stems from the travel talk team as things aren't entirely clear from the beginning. Be prepared for 20 hour days and lots of bus travel. The second day of the tour we were up at 6 and didn't arrive at the hotel until 1am after travelling on the bus for 9hrs to get to Luxor only to have to wake up again at 6 or 7. It was like this 3 times during the trip. The Nile cruise was a good respite from this, before going back to the long days. As Sam put it, it is a mission not a holiday. The group was about 26 people mix of males and females ranging from mid twenties to mid thirties and a mum travelling with her children. Most are from Australia and new Zealand and some Americans and an Irish. Optional activities are really good, I did the hot air ballooning and Abu simbel. Both are really good options and definitely budget for these if you can. To confuse people further travel talk like to list prices in UK pound, however you can only pay in US $ or Egyptian pound. It's just another small example of the simple things that travel Talk could improve on. Last night for the majority of the tour was upon our return to Cairo. Only 6 continued on from there. Unfortunately there was nothing organised for the final night so most of us organised it ourselves to go out. Six of us who continued onto dahab on the red sea. We had a new tour guide for dahab, Ramy. Ramy is really cool and relaxed but took the time to sit us all down and explain everything that was going to happen over the next few days. Surprisingly for dahab travel talks included activities were included in the price. Dahab is amazing and definitely an extension of the tour you should include if you can. Especially if you love diving, snorkelling and fish! The water is amazingly clear and there are so many fish. In 1.5 days I did 3 dives and loved it. Ramy was great at helping organising all of this. It was sad to leave dahab and go to Jordan. For the Jordan part of the tour only 3 of us continued and we had another person join us. We met or 4th tour guide (in a 15 day tour) Faysal. Faysal is a character and a genuinely nice guy. The driver, Ramadan, was nice too, but made us all a little uneasy with his pulsing of the accelerator. The Jordan part off the tour was well paced with not crazy start and finish times. For Petra, be prepared for a lot of walking, and remember what goes up most come down. Again for the Jordan tour travel talks included activities are actually included in the cost. All in all, it was a good tour. Simple things could have made it great. The group was good, I have made many friends. I saw sights I had always wanted to see. Dahab was definitely a highlight for me, along with Abu simbel. You will never regret going, you might just be frustrated with your expectations around communications and costs not being met. Note - those of us on the tour of Jordan and Egypt are asked to add to a tipping kitty on the first day that covered Egypt and Jordan tips, of which they have never communicated to their guide. Also if going to Jordan, the Jordan pass is the way to go. It includes your visa costs but also all site entry feesShow detailed ratings
- DDDanWritten on January 15, 20174.5 - ExcellentI had an absolutely unforgettable experience on the Egypt & Jordan Discovered by Nile Cruise tour. Our guide in Egypt was Shady and he went above and beyond what was expected to give everyone in our group the time of their lives and the ability to experience everything Egypt has to offer. The same can be said about our guide in Jordan. There are some long days travelling on this trip, but it is all worth it to see the amazing monuments of both of these countries. I have written about my entire experience day by day on my website here: http://loxp.co/2iKjwPK for anyone who is interested in taking this tour.Show detailed ratings
- JMJessicaWritten on October 26, 20164.5 - ExcellentWe went on the Egypt tour with Sam and thought it was amazing. Highly recommend. Very good value for money. Sam was a very knowledgeable guide. The places we visited were mind blowing. A++Show detailed ratings
- TWTheWritten on December 28, 20154.5 - ExcellentTalking about having the greatest tour guilde, Sam absolutely is the one you want to have your experience with, very knowledgeable, fun, helpful, friendly....you name it, Sam makes you feel like you are travelling with a good, caring friend who knows the history, the people, the locals....Show detailed ratings
- HaydenWritten on December 28, 20154.0 - GoodSameh is the man!!Show detailed ratings
- LizWritten on December 26, 20154.5 - ExcellentSam was a great guide, he had a great knowledge of the history of Egypt and could answer any of our questions. He took us to great shops for whatever we wanted to buy and went out of his way to help people with any issues they had. He was flexible with the itinerary If we wanted to see other sites. Great guide! Would highly recommend!!!Show detailed ratings
- LukeWritten on December 26, 20155.0 - ExcellentVery good tour guide. Makes anything possible. Made the tour and long bus rides fun! One of the best iv had!!Show detailed ratings
- KarinaWritten on November 15, 20154.5 - ExcellentThe tour was great. I was more than impressed with Sams knowledge of Egypt, and would say he was the best tour guide I've had! Great trip all round!Show detailed ratings
- EmmaWritten on September 14, 20154.5 - ExcellentSam was by far the best tour guide I've ever had. Knowledgable as a qualified egyptologist, Sam could answer any questions we threw at him, as well as keep us laughing, positive and always feeling safe and at ease. Sam is actually what makes that tour so good. I feel really lucky for having gone on the tour with travel talk just so he could be my guideShow detailed ratings
- JJenniWritten on August 12, 20155.0 - ExcellentI have done a few tours and Sam's by far was the best I have been on! Sam is an amazing tour leader and I learnt so much about Egypt from him, absolutely fantastic guy! This was a trip of a lifetimeShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo
- Day 2: Cairo City Tour, Luxor
- Day 3: Luxor, Aswan
- Day 4: Aswan, Nile Cruise
- Day 5: Nile Cruise
- Day 6: Nile Cruise, Edfu, Komombo, Luxor
- Day 7: Luxor, Cairo
- Day 8: Cairo City Tour
- Day 9: Cairo to Dahab via Sudr & Sharm El Sheikh Road
- Day 10: Dahab
- Day 11: Dahab, Taba, Aqaba, Wadi Rum
- Day 12: Wadi Rum, Petra
- Day 13: Petra, Dead Sea, Kerak, Amman
- Day 14: Amman City Tour
- Day 15: Amman
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
I'm beyond the age limit, can I still join this trip?
The tour operator Travel talk creates trip itineraries designed exclusively for younger travellers. They are geared towards active, budget-minded young travellers who want to meet other people from all over the world, and tend to be very popular with university students and backpackers.
If this trip isn't quite what you were looking for, we still have plenty of fantastic tours. Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
- April 23, 2015
What is the local payment?
The local payment for Egypt & Jordan Discovered By Nile Cruise needs to be paid in cash upon arrival at the tour.
The local payment allows you to not pay the full price upfront, but allows you to save up until the tour departs and only pay once you arrive at the tour. At the same time, in case you need to cancel your tour, you wont be required to pay the local payment amount.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hey every one. Iam sameh or sam as my friends call me. Am qualified egyptoligist tour guide who loves..."
10 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Travel Talk Egypt & Jordan Discovered By Nile Cruise tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 6th January 20181 comment"Just interested to see who is doing this tour. I'm traveling from Western Australia on my own, doing a Turkey tour before this one. So looking forward to it. Spending 2 extra nights in Cairo prior to the tour starting and keen to travel up to Alexandria. Anyone else on here doing this tour?"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gemma, 31 years old7th April 2017
Egypt & Jordan Discovered By Nile Cruise
- Upcoming departures
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SaturdayNov 4, 2017from CairoSaturdayNov 18, 2017in AmmanOur saving$761Price$2,078-37%USD $1,317+ $251 Local Payment10+ spaces left
- SaturdayNov 18, 2017from CairoSaturdayDec 2, 2017in AmmanOur saving$761Price$2,078-37%USD $1,317+ $251 Local Payment10+ spaces left
- SaturdayDec 2, 2017from CairoSaturdayDec 16, 2017in AmmanOur saving$776Price$2,118-37%USD $1,343+ $251 Local Payment10+ spaces left
- MondayDec 18, 2017from CairoMondayJan 1, 2018in AmmanOur saving$1,001Price$2,158-46%USD $1,157+ $251 Local Payment10+ spaces left
- SundayDec 24, 2017from CairoSundayJan 7, 2018in AmmanOur saving$1,001Price$2,158-46%USD $1,157+ $251 Local Payment10+ spaces left
- SaturdayJan 6, 2018from CairoSaturdayJan 20, 2018in AmmanOur saving$917Price$1,978-46%USD $1,061+ $251 Local Payment10+ spaces left
- SaturdayJan 20, 2018from CairoSaturdayFeb 3, 2018in AmmanOur saving$917Price$1,978-46%USD $1,061+ $251 Local Payment10+ spaces left
- SaturdayFeb 3, 2018from CairoSaturdayFeb 17, 2018in AmmanOur saving$917Price$1,978-46%USD $1,061+ $251 Local Payment10+ spaces left
- SaturdayFeb 17, 2018from CairoSaturdayMar 3, 2018in AmmanOur saving$917Price$1,978-46%USD $1,061+ $251 Local Payment10+ spaces left
- SaturdayMar 3, 2018from CairoSaturdayMar 17, 2018in AmmanOur saving$982Price$2,118-46%USD $1,136+ $251 Local Payment10+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt and Jordan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt and Jordan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt and Jordan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt and Jordan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Jordan. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Cairo is the starting point and Amman is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $120 to confirm this Travel Talk booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2017 the full payment of $1,061 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1061 for Egypt & Jordan Discovered By Nile Cruise, but the deposit of $120 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Travel Talk will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Travel Talk tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 399 km
- Hurghada (Egypt)
- 210 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 181 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 99 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 52 km
- Komombo (Egypt)
- 135 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 14 km
- Valley of the Kings (Egypt)
- 11 km
- Karnak (Egypt)
- 358 km
- Dahab (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,061 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,014 tours in Africa
- covered by 90 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Egypt & Jordan Discovered By Nile Cruise via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 10 travellers have already met
before they left for Egypt & Jordan Discovered By Nile Cruise tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 18 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Egypt & Jordan Discovered By Nile Cruise