Egypt & Jordan Discovered By Nile Cruise
- Our saving
- US $ 1,140
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Coach / Bus, Jeep & 4WD, Ship, Boat, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- CPchloeWritten on April 8, 20183.5 - GoodOverall, the tour was good. However, the few things I wanted to note. 1. the average group size says 25-30, which is completely misrepresentative on your website. It should say the group size can range from 25 - 48. The group size was a little too large for my liking. 2. All the entrance fees are not included, and it should be reflected in the price of the tour, they are not optionals, so they should be built into the price of the tour. 3. If there is an option for flying between the cities that would be desirable. The extensive long drives were taxing on the body and it makes the tour exhausting and not enjoyable. We spent 3/4 days on driving alone. 4. Jordan was a really confusing component of the trip, no agenda provided when we joined the group. You need to provide the same welcome back (just like in Egypt). 5. Jordan, potentially include a longer time frame for the dead sea. Not many people were interested in Karak castle. Mustafa was great. He was always available for questions.Show detailed ratings
- JamieWritten on April 7, 20183.5 - Good- tour group size advertised as 25-30 but was 40+ - wasted time for Jordan tour component because not everyone was at same hotel - incorrect amount of tipping was specified on information sheet for egpyt component (lower amount specified than what guide told us to pay) Needs to be updated to manage expectations - for Jordan component, no tour info sheet was provided - would suggest to include in the tour price all the entrance fees or to indicate clearly total of all the entrance feesShow detailed ratings
- RandyWritten on February 28, 20183.5 - GoodHad an amazing tour with Sameh, he was hands down one of the best tour guides I have ever encountered. Very knowledgeable and made it very fun to learn and understand the history of Egypt. I highly recommend Sameh as anyone’s tour guide should you visit Egypt.Show detailed ratings
- NNirvanaWritten on February 28, 20184.0 - GoodWas fun, enjoyed the tour, the destinations and the history is amazing. Sam was kind, knew his history and made us as comfortable as possible. I didn't enjoy the long bus rides as my feet was swelling it her than that we made friends and memoriesShow detailed ratings
- JAJoWritten on February 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentDidn't know to expect when we started this tour as Egypt at this time was getting a lot of bad press . However, this tour was amazing!! Had a great time in the country from all the wonderful sights, culture and FOOD!! I would highly recommend anybody to get their bags packing and start booking this tour. It was well organised and the tour guide Sammy was one of the best. He is your Egyptian Aussie.Show detailed ratings
- SSianonWritten on February 13, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe best tour and guide to can ask for. Thoughtful, caring and oh so knowledgeable of Egypt and it’s history. Still the most memorable and fun trip I have had. Love you Sam, your the man. Sianon 2009 tour.Show detailed ratings
- SSantoshWritten on February 13, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe best tour guide. He is not only knowledgable but very funny. His way of telling the history is very engaging and fun. I would highly recommend Sam. Sam is the best and he rocks !!Show detailed ratings
- SSarahWritten on July 9, 20174.0 - GoodHi to all those who read this, I wanted to write a detailed review of this tour and for company so that when looking at trips to Egypt and Jordan you can book with a understanding of what this will actually look like. Firstly, I booked this tour because when I compared it to others it covered similar ancient sites to those run by the major companies like intrepid and g adventures, the price however was on sale 47% off which is really appealing to me being on a budget. The itinerary read well but it was almost impossible to get all the information you can easily find with other companies. The money you save booking this tour, they get it back in the end, through local taxes, tipping and some other payments they weren't quite clear on which aren't included in the price. On the first day of the tour I ended up paying an additional $US500. Even having paid this money in the tour meeting on the first night, all activities listed as included in the tour you have to pay for out of pocket. This could have been made clearer in the itinerary and I believe is deliberately deceptive on travel talks behalf. I have never come across this before where activities listed as included you have to pay for during the tour. So be prepared to have your wallet on hand several times a day to pay for things you thought you had paid for already. The first night of accommodation was changed and noone on the tour was told. For most this wasn't an issue as they had an airport transfer on the first day and it took them to the correct hotel. For me however I went there early to spend some time in Alexandria beforehand and became nervous when I had printed their itinerary with one hotel yet my transfer driver was saying another. Turns out it wasn't the one in the itinerary. They have been flexible and responsive to queries which is good because I have had many. They booked me a nights accommodation two days before the tour and included the airport transfer. The guy who picked me up was friendly and helpful getting me through the airport. Travel talk combine all versions of their Egypt tour into one by; Nile cruise, road and felucca. You can change which option you want to go on on the first night. This is helpful to give you an idea of who you will be spending time with in the middle of the trip. I went with the Nile cruise and was happy with this option. I travelled during June in their summer and wanted the air con and pool. Those who chose the felucca were also happy with their choice. This meant the group divided into two. There were 4 total on the Nile cruise which was great because we got to know each other well, we also got a new guide Michael who took the time to have a conversation with us and communicated everything we needed to know upfront. Sam our main guide, on the other hand, left us all with questions constantly. I never knew quite what was going on, or if he even knew my name. His Egypt knowledge is great but communication could improve, maybe this is something that stems from the travel talk team as things aren't entirely clear from the beginning. Be prepared for 20 hour days and lots of bus travel. The second day of the tour we were up at 6 and didn't arrive at the hotel until 1am after travelling on the bus for 9hrs to get to Luxor only to have to wake up again at 6 or 7. It was like this 3 times during the trip. The Nile cruise was a good respite from this, before going back to the long days. As Sam put it, it is a mission not a holiday. The group was about 26 people mix of males and females ranging from mid twenties to mid thirties and a mum travelling with her children. Most are from Australia and new Zealand and some Americans and an Irish. Optional activities are really good, I did the hot air ballooning and Abu simbel. Both are really good options and definitely budget for these if you can. To confuse people further travel talk like to list prices in UK pound, however you can only pay in US $ or Egyptian pound. It's just another small example of the simple things that travel Talk could improve on. Last night for the majority of the tour was upon our return to Cairo. Only 6 continued on from there. Unfortunately there was nothing organised for the final night so most of us organised it ourselves to go out. Six of us who continued onto dahab on the red sea. We had a new tour guide for dahab, Ramy. Ramy is really cool and relaxed but took the time to sit us all down and explain everything that was going to happen over the next few days. Surprisingly for dahab travel talks included activities were included in the price. Dahab is amazing and definitely an extension of the tour you should include if you can. Especially if you love diving, snorkelling and fish! The water is amazingly clear and there are so many fish. In 1.5 days I did 3 dives and loved it. Ramy was great at helping organising all of this. It was sad to leave dahab and go to Jordan. For the Jordan part of the tour only 3 of us continued and we had another person join us. We met or 4th tour guide (in a 15 day tour) Faysal. Faysal is a character and a genuinely nice guy. The driver, Ramadan, was nice too, but made us all a little uneasy with his pulsing of the accelerator. The Jordan part off the tour was well paced with not crazy start and finish times. For Petra, be prepared for a lot of walking, and remember what goes up most come down. Again for the Jordan tour travel talks included activities are actually included in the cost. All in all, it was a good tour. Simple things could have made it great. The group was good, I have made many friends. I saw sights I had always wanted to see. Dahab was definitely a highlight for me, along with Abu simbel. You will never regret going, you might just be frustrated with your expectations around communications and costs not being met. Note - those of us on the tour of Jordan and Egypt are asked to add to a tipping kitty on the first day that covered Egypt and Jordan tips, of which they have never communicated to their guide. Also if going to Jordan, the Jordan pass is the way to go. It includes your visa costs but also all site entry feesShow detailed ratings
- DDDanWritten on January 15, 20174.5 - ExcellentI had an absolutely unforgettable experience on the Egypt & Jordan Discovered by Nile Cruise tour. Our guide in Egypt was Shady and he went above and beyond what was expected to give everyone in our group the time of their lives and the ability to experience everything Egypt has to offer. The same can be said about our guide in Jordan. There are some long days travelling on this trip, but it is all worth it to see the amazing monuments of both of these countries. I have written about my entire experience day by day on my website here: http://loxp.co/2iKjwPK for anyone who is interested in taking this tour.Show detailed ratings
- JMJessicaWritten on October 26, 20164.5 - ExcellentWe went on the Egypt tour with Sam and thought it was amazing. Highly recommend. Very good value for money. Sam was a very knowledgeable guide. The places we visited were mind blowing. A++Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo
- Day 2: Cairo City Tour, Luxor
- Day 3: Luxor, Aswan
- Day 4: Aswan, Nile Cruise
- Day 5: Nile Cruise
- Day 6: Nile Cruise, Edfu, Komombo, Luxor
- Day 7: Luxor, Cairo
- Day 8: Cairo City Tour
- Day 9: Cairo to Dahab via Sudr & Sharm El Sheikh Road
- Day 10: Dahab
- Day 11: Dahab, Taba, Aqaba, Wadi Rum
- Day 12: Wadi Rum, Petra
- Day 13: Petra, Dead Sea, Kerak, Amman
- Day 14: Amman City Tour
- Day 15: Amman
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
I'm beyond the age limit, can I still join this trip?
The tour operator Travel talk creates trip itineraries designed exclusively for younger travellers. They are geared towards active, budget-minded young travellers who want to meet other people from all over the world, and tend to be very popular with university students and backpackers.
If this trip isn't quite what you were looking for, we still have plenty of fantastic tours. Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
- April 23, 2015
What is the local payment?
The local payment for Egypt & Jordan Discovered By Nile Cruise needs to be paid in cash upon arrival at the tour.
The local payment allows you to not pay the full price upfront, but allows you to save up until the tour departs and only pay once you arrive at the tour. At the same time, in case you need to cancel your tour, you wont be required to pay the local payment amount.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hey every one. Iam sameh or sam as my friends call me. Am qualified egyptoligist tour guide who loves..."
12 travellers met before going on their Travel Talk Egypt & Jordan Discovered By Nile Cruise tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Janice22nd December 2017
Egypt & Jordan Discovered By Nile Cruise
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to Amman10+ seats left$898$2,118-42%USD $1,220+ $270 Local Payment
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdayMay 26, 2018to Amman10+ seats left$898$2,118-42%USD $1,220+ $270 Local Payment
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdayJun 2, 2018to Amman10+ seats left$898$2,118-42%USD $1,220+ $270 Local Payment
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Amman10+ seats left$898$2,118-42%USD $1,220+ $270 Local Payment
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to Amman10+ seats left$839$1,978-42%USD $1,140+ $270 Local Payment
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdayJul 7, 2018to Amman10+ seats left$839$1,978-42%USD $1,140+ $270 Local Payment
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdayJul 21, 2018to Amman10+ seats left$79USD $1,899+ $270 Local Payment
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Amman10+ seats left$839$1,978-42%USD $1,140+ $270 Local Payment
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdayAug 18, 2018to Amman10+ seats left$839$1,978-42%USD $1,140+ $270 Local Payment
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to Amman10+ seats left$839$1,978-42%USD $1,140+ $270 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt and Jordan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt and Jordan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt and Jordan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt and Jordan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Jordan. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Cairo is the starting point and Amman is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $120 to confirm this Travel Talk booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 June 2018 the full payment of $1,140 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1140 for Egypt & Jordan Discovered By Nile Cruise, but the deposit of $120 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Travel Talk will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Travel Talk tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 399 km
- Hurghada (Egypt)
- 210 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 181 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 99 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 52 km
- Komombo (Egypt)
- 135 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 14 km
- Valley of the Kings (Egypt)
- 11 km
- Karnak (Egypt)
- 358 km
- Dahab (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,140 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,087 tours in Africa
- covered by 102 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Egypt & Jordan Discovered By Nile Cruise via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 25 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Egypt & Jordan Discovered By Nile Cruise