Jewels of the Nile
- Our saving
- US $ 441
- +6 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Discover the Nile in luxury and style
- Embark on a 5 star Nile Cruiser and
- Experience Egypt’s remarkable history
- Explore Cairo’s wonders and temples
- Rather Poor
- KKamillahElGiadaaWritten on August 9, 20184.0 - GoodTour was great! We did travel a lot and I don't think that was clear the bus rides were going to 8 + hours with 44 people. Sam was super amazing! Travel Talks is super lucky to have him!Show detailed ratings
- LHLindenWritten on March 30, 20184.5 - ExcellentI enjoyed my trip to Egypt immensely.Show detailed ratings
- RRubenWritten on February 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentSam was informative, down to earth, spontanious.knowledgable. He is very helpful.Show detailed ratings
- JJonquilWritten on July 11, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe Jewel of the Nile was an absolutely amazing trip. It was a mix of historical culture and fun. I really enjoyed vising the Sphinx and other sites, that I had read about in the history books. We had a great tour guide named Shady, that was amazing and very knowledgeable about Egyptian history and culture. The Cruise was nice and relaxing and had fun activities like disco night, and caldera night. The accommodations for hotels were great, and the trip was very organized from the transfer from the airport to the transfer to the airport. I really enjoyed the trip, and will do another travel talk trip in the future.Show detailed ratings
- JJPWritten on June 19, 20172.0 - Rather poorThere were positives and negatives about this tour. The itinerary was jammed packed with things to do and places to see. The tour itself was not always organized and efficient, our pick up at the hotel was missed. We ended up having to taxi to the hotel ourselves. Meal choices and restaurants would grow worse and worse by the day. We started out eating well and by the end of the tour the meal choice was abysmal. I don't believe the meal options/restaurants were chosen based on popularity or food standards but rather favouritism or nepotism (family or friends of tour guides). I was totally turned off by the second day of the tour. I didn't like that the tour guide would increase the prices on us than what was stated in the itinerary. For instances the cruise tip kitty was listed as a certain price, once we were on the bus, the tour guide increased the price by 3 times. Once we were on the cruise itself and debarking, the room cleaner seemed annoyed with us, I asked him why and he said none of our party tipped. I said we all provided a big tipping kitty, he says he doesn't see much of that. I said well it was increased on us so he better see some of it. He said he didn't want to create any problems for himself. These types of things would happen a lot of on our tour. It wasn't appreciated. No tipping kitting should be collected from guests. We don't see where it is going.Show detailed ratings
- DMDalalWritten on May 23, 20174.0 - GoodShady was the best tour guide. Very knowledgable and funny. Thank youShow detailed ratings
- JJoshWritten on April 15, 20174.5 - ExcellentI have just returned from Travel Talk's Jewels of the Nile tour. It was my first Travel Talk tour and certainly will not be my last. Everything ran smoothly, from being picked up at the airport to the running of the itinerary. The standard of accommodation was better than I was expecting, all clean and comfortable (even though the itinerary doesn't allow for much time there! But you don't go to tour Egypt to stay in the room!) The coach was comfortable enough, just be prepared for the long journeys. I thought that the value for money was excellent. The tour takes you to all of the main points of interest, with adequate time to explore. Then there's the tour guide, Sam. Sam has all the essential ingredients of an excellent tour guide and then some. He has passion and knowledge for his country's history and enthusiasm for his job in equal measure. He was friendly and attentive, happy to help with any questions or issues. If you tour with Sam, you will learn more then you could have imagined, having a fantastic time as you do so. Thank you Travel Talk and thank you Sam!Show detailed ratings
- SMsukWritten on March 13, 20172.5 - AverageWe traveled by car from Cairo to Luxor and back. Although the itinerary stated traveling time to be 5.5 hours, it ended up 8.5 hours each way. It was just way too long, and we did not get to eat the whole day. There were no eateries on the way. By the time we reached the other side, it was like 11pm. We ordered room service in the hotel but others were so tired that they went to bed without any food. We traveled in a mini van, a 16-seater, but there were 9 of us, including the tour guide, the driver and the security officer, plus luggages. It was just way too cramp and too uncomfortable. The poor fellow sat at the back row had to fend off from the falling suit cases. I rather pay more money to fly both ways.Show detailed ratings
- JHJustineWritten on March 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentI travelled to Egypt in February 2017 and did the 9 days Jewels of the Nile tour with Sameh from Traveltalk. Sameh was one of the best tour guides I have ever had as he has a vast amount of knowledge and experience about Egypt. Our tour was jam packed with loads of temples, pyramids, tombs and all from Cairo to Luxor to Aswan and back. There may have been a couple of short sleeps but completely worth it when you arrive at the temple or pyramid and become ingrossed in the history. We paid extra for the option to travel to Abu Sembel while staying in Aswan and would recommend this to all. The bus was comfortable (included a toilet if needed) and the tour included 4 star plus accommodation and a 3 night cruise on the Nile River on a luxury 4 story boat. All services and transportation were great with nothing to complain about except having little rest, but as Sam put it “we're on tour not on holiday“. This tour was a trip of a lifetime and I would highly recommend to all thinking of travelling to Egypt. Thank you Traveltalk and most of all, thank you Sameh.Show detailed ratings
- LHLanceWritten on March 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentI did the Jewels of the Nile tour with Travel talk and Sameh was our very knowledge guide. We stayed in decent hotels for the trip and the bus used was as comfortable as a bus can be. We visited many temples and sights throughout the trip and were kept very busy over the 9 days. Sameh was an excellent guide and could answer any questions we had, he had so much knowledge of Egypt and made the experience all the better. The only suggestion I would have would be to extend the trip an extra day or two to have more time soaking everything in without the rush and early wake ups plus you'd get to be in Egypt longer which by the end of your trip I can guarantee you'll want! I would definitely recommend Sameh and Travel talk tours through Egypt, it was a fantastic experience!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo
- Day 2: Cairo City Tour, Luxor
- Day 3: Luxor, Aswan
- Day 4: Aswan, Nile Cruise
- Day 5: Nile Cruise
- Day 6: Nile Cruise, Edfu, Komombo, Luxor
- Day 7: Luxor, Cairo
- Day 8: Cairo City Tour
- Day 9: Cairo
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What are the hotels used on this trip?
Please find a list of the hotels used on this fantastic tour:
PYRAMIDS PARK RESORT - CAIRO with 4*
IBEROTEL HOTEL - ASWAN with 5*
STEIGENBERGER HOTEL - LUXOR with 5*
Does this tour include the Giza Pyramids?
Yes, it certainly does.
What is the currency the local payment is being made in?
The local payment for this tour is to be paid in GBP.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hey every one. Iam Sameh or Sam as my friends call me. Am qualified egyptoligist tour guide who loves..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anna13th June 2018
Jewels of the Nile
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$300$798-38%USD $498+ $205 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$353$938-38%USD $586+ $205 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$353$938-38%USD $586+ $205 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$353$938-38%USD $586+ $205 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$353$938-38%USD $586+ $205 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$353$938-38%USD $586+ $205 Local Payment
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$353$938-38%USD $586+ $205 Local Payment
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$353$938-38%USD $586+ $205 Local Payment
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$353$938-38%USD $586+ $205 Local Payment
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$353$938-38%USD $586+ $205 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $120 to confirm this Travel Talk booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 October 2018 the full payment of $441 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $441 for Jewels of the Nile, but the deposit of $120 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Travel Talk will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Travel Talk tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 49 km
- Komombo (Egypt)
- 52 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 4 km
- Karnak (Egypt)
- 11 km
- Valley of the Kings (Egypt)
- 490 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $441 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,330 tours in Africa
- covered by 127 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Jewels of the Nile via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 34 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Jewels of the Nile