- Our saving
- US $ 374
- +7 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Uncover the jewels of the Nile
- Visit the Valley of The Kings
- Great quality for price
- Guaranteed tour departures
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- KMKelly-AnnWritten on February 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentSameh was fun informative and friendly, made us all Egyptologists in 9 days ! Thanks Sameh:)Show detailed ratings
- BIBenjaminWritten on February 13, 20184.5 - ExcellentSam is a very friendly, knowledgeable tour guide. I throughly enjoyed my time with him learning about, and exploring ancient Egypt.Show detailed ratings
- HilaryWritten on January 6, 20182.0 - Rather poorThe tour was OK for the price it charged, and frankly going through lots of attractions quickly is my thing, but there were some unexpected things I was disappointed at: 1. the internet connection was non-existent. There was no Wi-Fi in hotel rooms, and at the lobby, the internet connection was often unstable and extremely slow (if it worked at all) - at one point, it took me 2 hours to upload only 30 photos to Facebook. On the first day, we were offered a 7-day phone plan which was a good deal, but we had to decide literally right away, and we weren't even told that we wouldn't get another chance to get it after the few minutes we were at the lobby before we even had the opportunity to experience the absurdly slow internet at the "hotel"; 2. all the staff smoked. There seemed to be a strong culture in Egypt to smoke, which was fine, but I didn't expect all the staff to be smoking much of the time in front of us, and sometimes we couldn't even possibly escape from the second-hand smoke, eg when we were on the small felucca, there was literally nowhere to hide from the cigarette smoke. Certain restaurants and shops we were taken into were filled with smoke as well, it was absolutely suffocating; 3. if you missed the briefing, no-one would think to catch you up on the information given. Due to the available flights for me, I had to be there after the briefing, and the company said it would be fine. But nobody ever told me anything that was said in the briefing, and it had led to several consequences, such as: 4. the fact that the felucca was a complete torture for me. Don't get me wrong, I think most people have enjoyed it, but if I was told what a felucca actually was and told about the cruise option during the briefing, I would've volunteered to pay extra to get out of it. We were on the felucca for around a day and a half, mostly just tied to the bank of The Nile. The mattresses were uncomfortable, but that was the least of our problems - the blankets were itchy, there were loads and loads of mosquitoes after sunset, it was cold in the mornings, rather hot in the afternoon, the pillows were stone-hard, there's no real showering facilities, we had to eat where we slept (and so we slept in scraps, seriously), there was of course no Wi-Fi, and only intermittent power. There likewise wasn't much to see on the river, or do of course; 5. the hotels were pretty unsatisfying. The hotel in Cairo/Giza was the worst - facilities were old, the pool was closed the whole time, and at one point, they ran out of food at breakfast and many of us had to go on the tour without eating anything. Its lobby, ie the only place with the incredibly slow and unstable Wi-Fi, was completely tobacco-filled. Worse still, that was the hotel we spent the most time at; 6. the coach had uncomfortable seats, air-conditioning wasn't always on, and of course no Wi-Fi or electric plug. Just want to clarify - even though I'm from the developed country of Hong Kong, I'm living in Mexico, a developing country, and I'm really just comparing my experience to my travelling extensively on a budget through Mexico, as well as numerous other third-world countries. As I've said, I think the tour was OK for what you pay (although note that practically nothing was included, and we had to keep paying for things like entry and food, although they weren't costly), and I didn't regret going or anything, and in a way I guess they are constrained by being in Egypt as well. But I wouldn't go again, and if I had a choice, I would do the felucca only for lunch, instead of spending any more time on it.Show detailed ratingsTravel Talk commented on this reviewHi Hilary, thank you for your feedback, we value all our customer’s feedback to deliver the best service to our passengers as possible. If you could please send your full query to our Customer Service team on email@example.com , one of our Customer Service rep will be able to look into the points you have brought up. Regards to your comment about non of the food are included , you state it's all extra , the entrance fees are not included etc.. If you could kindly review the inclusion section of your tour it clearly states what's included and what's not included. On your tour all breakfast are included and while you were on the the Felucca for 2 nights , your breakfast, lunch and dinner was included as it states on our website. It also states under inclusions , entrance fees to sites and museums are not included. People travel to experience other cultures, you may have found Egypt way of life different to Hong Kong or Mexico but that's the beauty of it , people get to experience how each person lives around the world. Thank you
- MJMirandaWritten on October 28, 20174.5 - Excellent9 day tour around Egypt with Sameh was AMAZING!! He is brilliant at keeping everyone so informed, his passion for his country and it's history really shines through in all his talks. He is a humble man with a warm heart and such dedication that he not only deserves tour guide for the month, but of the last 10 years or so that he has been a guide. My reasons for this being that everyone I know or people I've meet that have had friends on his tours speak extremely highly of Sameh. Also his family should also get some recognition for sharing such a brilliant man with all of us xShow detailed ratings
- DPDavidWritten on October 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentAdham our guide was an absolute legend, we fell in love with him. The accommodation is really nice!! Far better than we expected for such a cheap tourShow detailed ratings
- ChristelleWritten on October 9, 20175.0 - ExcellentI just got back from a Travel Talk tour to egypt and had an amazing time! Our guide Adham was the best and extremely knowledgeable. Although the tour covers a lot of ground and monuments, everything was worth seeing and the day and a half of sailing on the felucca was a much needed and very welcome break in the trip! Overall I would highly recommend this tour!Show detailed ratings
- NBNicoleWritten on September 17, 20175.0 - ExcellentAmazing trip that I 100% recommend. Sam the tour guide was awesome! Lots of driving but all worth it for the places you get to see. The felucca on the Nile was a highlight of my 3 month trip. I never felt unsafe. Food was great. Hotels were awesome. Just book it!!!Show detailed ratings
- PSPeterWritten on August 7, 20174.5 - ExcellentAdham was an excellent, friendly, informative tour guide. Adam was an amazing driver, always with a smile on his face.Show detailed ratings
- LALanaWritten on July 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentFelucca Odyssey, Egypt: what an amazing trip that everyone MUST do!! Shady was the most knowledgeable, fun and down to earth tour guide I have ever met. His love for his country is contagious. Safety was a major concern for me initially when booking, however I have never felt so safe and comfortable throughout the whole trip. It is perfectly fine! It was honestly one of the best trips I have EVER done. I have a new love and knowledge for Egypt, something everyone should experience. The pyramids, Abu Simbal, numerous temples, Egyptian culture, wow what a week ... thanks again Shady for a trip of a lifetime!! #shadyisthebestShow detailed ratings
- TTheaWritten on April 15, 20174.0 - GoodTravel Talk Felucca Odyssey with Sam! This trip exceeded my expectations, as a solo female traveller I was keen to join a group tour and was pleased our group was generally like minded 25+ year olds. The hotels were pretty good for the limited amount of time we spent in them. The bus could be more comfortable as we spent many hours on it including 2 x 9hr trips but it is Egypt I suppose. The couple days spent on the Felucca chilling out on the Nile River was possibly my favourite as was happy just to relax for a while and it's super peaceful. Too many sales stops IMO. Now to the icing on the cake was the guide Sam (Sameh) whose been working for travel talk for over 10 years! As an Aswan raised, Cairo living local whose been working with Aussies & Kiwis for years I was thrilled at how funny and cheeky he was to help us all enjoy ourselves. As an expert egyptologist he was incredibly knowledgable and informative without boring us. Just know that the Egyptians were the first of everything! Sam must make a group of friends everytime he runs a tour and he'll always have many hosts if he was ever to come to Australia. Keep up the good work.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Cairo
Start point The Oasis Hotel Pyramids, Alexandria Desert Road, Cairo 18:00
- Day 2: Cairo City Tour, Luxor
- Day 3: Luxor, Aswan
- Day 4: Aswan, Felucca Cruise
- Day 5: Felucca cruise on the Nile
- Day 6: Felucca cruise on the Nile, Edfu, Komombo, Luxor
- Day 7: Luxor, Cairo
- Day 8: Cairo City Tour
Day 9: Cairo
End point The Oasis Hotel Pyramids, Alexandria Desert Road, Cairo
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
The Oasis Hotel Pyramids - Cairo
Address: Cairo Alex Desert Road, Cairo, Egypt
Steigenberger Hotel - Luxor
Address: 85111, Khaled Ibn Al Walid, Luxor, Egypt
Helnan Hotel - Aswan
Address: Kornish Al Nile, الكورنيش، Aswan Governorate, Egypt
*Please note exact accommodation and details are re-confirmed at time of booking and subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to departure
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
- February 1, 2017
What does the tour price include?
The tour price and the local payment cover the following services: Accommodation
5 and 4 star hotels, traditional felucca boat.
From Cairo Airport to the Cairo Hotel on day one and return transfer.
Air-conditioned non-smoking coach or mini-bus
Donkey (Valley of the Kings)
Services of experienced Egyptologist guides
As per the itinerary (entrance fees NOT included)
Entrance fees, optional activities and the meals not covered above not included within the tour.
- January 1, 2017
I am about to book one of the 9 day egypt tours and I was wondering what the difference is between the Essential Egypt and the Felluca Odyssey tours?
The only difference would be the accommodation during the Nile cruise.
The accommodation will be made at hotels on the Essential Egypt tour, or you'll stay at the Felucca with Feluıcca Odyssey tour.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hey every one. Iam sameh or sam as my friends call me. Am qualified egyptoligist tour guide who loves..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gillian27th January 2018
- Upcoming departures
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SaturdayFeb 24, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMar 4, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$324$698-46%USD $374+ $224 Local Payment
- SaturdayMar 3, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMar 11, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$389$838-46%USD $449+ $224 Local Payment
- SaturdayMar 10, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMar 18, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$389$838-46%USD $449+ $224 Local Payment
- SaturdayMar 17, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMar 25, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$12USD $486+ $224 Local Payment
- SaturdayMar 24, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayApr 1, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$389$838-46%USD $449+ $224 Local Payment
- SaturdayMar 31, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayApr 8, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$389$838-46%USD $449+ $224 Local Payment
- SaturdayApr 7, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayApr 15, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$389$838-46%USD $449+ $224 Local Payment
- SaturdayApr 14, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayApr 22, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$12USD $486+ $224 Local Payment
- SaturdayApr 21, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayApr 29, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$389$838-46%USD $449+ $224 Local Payment
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMay 6, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$389$838-46%USD $449+ $224 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $120 to confirm this Travel Talk booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 April 2018 the full payment of $374 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $374 for Felucca Odyssey, but the deposit of $120 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Travel Talk will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Travel Talk tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 4 km
- Karnak (Egypt)
- 11 km
- Valley of the Kings (Egypt)
- 195 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 99 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 52 km
- Komombo (Egypt)
- 135 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $374 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,077 tours in Africa
- covered by 100 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Felucca Odyssey via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 213 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Felucca Odyssey