Backroads of Japan
- Our saving
- US $ 3,345
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Bicycle, Local Transport
- Rather Poor
- RNRosieWritten on September 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentHi there it was such an amazing experience, so well organised, fun, good food, and our guide Kozo really looked after the group. A great balance of different activities for all ages and found train travel very easy even with the volume of people getting on and off. Japan is a must visit destination. I am 67 years old and it did not matter, lots of young people in our group and we all got on so well. I will book again.Show detailed ratings
- NDNikhilWritten on August 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentGreat selection of places visited. Awesome CEO with a wealth of information and awesome time management skills.Show detailed ratings
- SASophieWritten on March 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentGreat tour that covers both urban and rural Japan. The Japanese scenary is spectacular. Our guide was super organised and really lovely, adapting plans to suit our preferences and sharing in our excitements. She also took us to an amazing range of delicious local food, local to each region not just to Japan. I never regretted taking her ordering suggestions.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Tokyo
- Day 2 Tokyo
- Day 3 Tokyo
- Day 4 Tokyo/Nagano-shi
- Day 5 Nagano-shi/Matsumoto
- Day 6 Matsumoto/Takayama
- Day 7 Takayama (1D)
- Day 8 Takayama/Kurashiki (1B)
- Day 9 Kurashiki
- Day 10 Kurashiki/Kyoto
- Day 11 Kyoto (1B)
- Day 12 Kyoto (1B)
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- October 1, 2016
What is the age range for this tour?
The tour has an age range of 18-39 so you will be on tour with passengers aged anywhere between that range. Most G Adventure tours have an average age of about 25-30.
- July 1, 2016
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip.
Although some tours on our site offer the option to pay extra to upgrade to a single room, that is not an option on this particular tour unfortunately.
- March 10, 2016
What is the number of stars in the hotels for this trip?
The accommodations are generally 3 star standard.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Justine29th January 2018
Backroads of Japan
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- FridayMar 9, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysTuesdayMar 20, 2018to Kyoto6 seats left$754$4,099-18%USD $3,345
- FridayMar 23, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysTuesdayApr 3, 2018to KyotoOnly 1 seat left$809$4,399-18%USD $3,589Book Now Hold my
- FridayMar 30, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysTuesdayApr 10, 2018to Kyoto6 seats left$809$4,399-18%USD $3,589
- FridayApr 6, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysTuesdayApr 17, 2018to Kyoto7 seats left$809$4,399-18%USD $3,589
- FridayApr 13, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysTuesdayApr 24, 2018to Kyoto7 seats left$809$4,399-18%USD $3,589
- FridayApr 20, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysTuesdayMay 1, 2018to Kyoto10+ seats left$809$4,399-18%USD $3,589
- FridayApr 27, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysTuesdayMay 8, 2018to Kyoto4 seats left$782$4,249-18%USD $3,468Book Now Hold my
- FridayMay 11, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysTuesdayMay 22, 2018to Kyoto0 seats left$170USD $4,079Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayMay 18, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysTuesdayMay 29, 2018to Kyoto9 seats left$782$4,249-18%USD $3,468
- FridayJun 15, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysTuesdayJun 26, 2018to Kyoto10+ seats left$782$4,249-18%USD $3,468
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 30 April 2018 the full payment of $3,345 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3345 for Backroads of Japan, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 173 km
- Nagano (Japan)
- 50 km
- Matsumoto (Japan)
- 65 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 360 km
- Kurashiki (Japan)
- 188 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,345 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,344 tours in Asia
- covered by 159 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Backroads of Japan