Backroads of Japan
- Our saving
- US $ 4,099
- +4 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Explore buzzing Tokyo and travel by bullet train
- Glimpse rural life on a bike tour through the Kibi Plains
- See magnificent temples, gardens, and shrines in Kyoto
- Taste Saki wine and visit the traditional Hida Folk Village
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Bicycle, Local Transport
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Bicycle, Train & Rail
- Rather Poor
- LHlornaWritten on June 10, 20185.0 - Excellent
I thought you had already received my review! (The final page mentioned a 5% discount.) I am re-sending my comments as the tour, and guide, exceeded our expectations. I will certainly consider traveling with gadventures again. Kozo, our guide, was very... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review here. We will pass your kind words over to Kozo. Thanks for choosing to see this fabulous part of the planet with us.
- CSCarolineWritten on May 24, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Our guide made the tour wonderful for us. He was knowledgeable, helpful, considerate and always at our disposal. We had a lot of travel by train, some days it felt like the whole day was spent getting from A to B, but at least the trains were comfortable... Read more
- RNRosieWritten on September 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Hi there it was such an amazing experience, so well organised, fun, good food, and our guide Kozo really looked after the group. A great balance of different activities for all ages and found train travel very easy even with the volume of people getting on... Read more
- NDNikhilWritten on August 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great selection of places visited. Awesome CEO with a wealth of information and awesome time management skills.
- SASophieWritten on March 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great tour that covers both urban and rural Japan. The Japanese scenary is spectacular. Our guide was super organised and really lovely, adapting plans to suit our preferences and sharing in our excitements. She also took us to an amazing range of delicious... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Tokyo
- Day 2 Tokyo
- Day 3 Tokyo
- Day 4 Tokyo/Nagano
- Day 5 Nagano/Matsumoto
- Day 6 Matsumoto/Takayama
- Day 7 Takayama (1D)
- Day 8 Takayama/Kurashiki (1B)
- Day 9 Kurashiki
- Day 10 Kurashiki/Kyoto
- Day 11 Kyoto (1B)
- Day 12 Kyoto (1B)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the age range for this tour?
The tour has an age range of 18-39 so you will be on tour with passengers aged anywhere between that range. Most G Adventure tours have an average age of about 25-30.
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip.
Although some tours on our site offer the option to pay extra to upgrade to a single room, that is not an option on this particular tour unfortunately.
What is the number of stars in the hotels for this trip?
The accommodations are generally 3 star standard.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Codi, 25 years old28th September 2018
Backroads of Japan
- FridayDec 21, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysTuesdayJan 1, 2019to Kyoto6 seats left$205USD $4,099Instant BookHold my
- FridayDec 28, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysTuesdayJan 8, 2019to Kyoto5 seats left$205USD $4,099Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 January 2019 the full payment of $4,099 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4099 for Backroads of Japan, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 173 km
- Nagano (Japan)
- 50 km
- Matsumoto (Japan)
- 65 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 360 km
- Kurashiki (Japan)
- 188 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,099 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,442 tours in Asia
- covered by 350 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Backroads of Japan