Highlights of the Eastern US & Canada
- Our saving
- US $ 1,727
- New York City
- New York City
- Iconic New York City
- Magnificent monuments of National Mall in DC
- Niagara Falls illuminated in rainbow colors
- Relaxing beach or whale watching in Cape Cod
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Boat, Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- ChristyWritten on October 8, 20153.5 - GoodThe people I met on this tour were amazing. A lot of solo travellers made it easy as a solo traveller myself to mingle with everyone and form awesome friendships. Algonquin was my standout destination, as well as loving Niagara Falls and Boston. When we stayed in hotels they were excellent, and all the camp grounds were quite good. Allegheny was the only place with the bathrooms a fair walking distance away. The tents provided were excellent - they held out the rain and wind. The blow up mats to sleep on were good too. Transportation was great apart from the odd day where people at the front were cold whilst the people at the back too hot. There is NO WiFi on the bus so that was some false advertising on G Adventures part. The meals provided were definitely amazing in my opinion. I'm a vegetarian and this was never an issue for the guides when shopping and the meal ideas were great and always extremely filling. I loved all the places we went on this tour, however I should say that we stayed in a really creepy area of Montreal (I was scared to leave the hotel by myself) and we also stayed a fair train ride outside of central Boston. My main issue with this tour was our two guides. They were horrendous. Sure they were nice enough people but when it came to knowledge of the areas and providing us with information - aka GUIDING US- there was nothing. I wouldn't call them guides.. Rather bus drivers and meal planners/shoppers. Others said they had done G Adventure tours before and that the guides were helpful and informative so I am hoping our two guides were the anomaly for the company. I will be writing directly to G Adventures about this issue. When it comes to value for money.. I managed to snag the tour on a sale however if I had paid full price I would have been annoyed. The gas, meals, accommodation and guides would only have cost a fraction of what others paid. But then again I am a solo traveller wanting to meet new people so an organised tour has a premium of course, which is why I put value for money as average. Yes I would recommend this tour because of destinations, tent comfort, meals and fellow travellers. I had a great time overall despite the obvious flaw (the guides).Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 New York
- Day 2 New York/Washington D.C. (1D)
- Day 3 Washington D.C. (1B, 1D)
- Day 4 Washington D.C./Allegheny National Forest (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 5 Allegheny National Forest/Niagara Falls (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 6 Niagara Falls/Toronto (1B)
- Day 7 Toronto (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 8 Toronto/Ottawa (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 9 Ottawa/Montreal (1B)
- Day 10 Montreal
- Day 11 Montreal/Boston
- Day 12 Boston/Cape Cod (1L, 1D)
- Day 13 Cape Cod (1B, 1D)
- Day 14 Cape Cod/New York (1B)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Bad by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- June 24, 2016
Do I need to bring a sleeping bag with me on this tour?
Yes, you will need to bring a sleeping bag for this trip.
- June 1, 2016
What is the accommodation setup for this tour?
You will be sharing in multi-share dorm rooms in hostels.
- June 1, 2016
29 travellers met before going on their G Adventures Highlights of the Eastern US & Canada tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 29th April 20181 comment"Hi, I’m travelling from Heathrow on 29th April till 12th May. Would be great to hear from others going on this tour. Melissa "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Pamela1st February 2018
Highlights of the Eastern US & Canada
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- SundayApr 29, 2018from New York City14 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to New York City10+ seats left$90USD $2,159
- SundayMay 13, 2018from New York City14 DaysSaturdayMay 26, 2018to New York City10+ seats left$522$2,249-23%USD $1,727
- SundayMay 27, 2018from New York City14 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to New York City10+ seats left$94USD $2,255
- SundayJun 10, 2018from New York City14 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to New York City10+ seats left$94USD $2,255
- SundayJun 24, 2018from New York City14 DaysSaturdayJul 7, 2018to New York City10+ seats left$94USD $2,255
- SundayJul 8, 2018from New York City14 DaysSaturdayJul 21, 2018to New York City10+ seats left$94USD $2,255
- SundayJul 22, 2018from New York City14 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to New York City10+ seats left$94USD $2,255
- SundayAug 5, 2018from New York City14 DaysSaturdayAug 18, 2018to New York City10+ seats left$98USD $2,351
- SundayAug 19, 2018from New York City14 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to New York City10+ seats left$98USD $2,351
- SundaySep 2, 2018from New York City14 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to New York City10+ seats left$98USD $2,351
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarUSA and Canada
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in New York City.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 1 May 2018 the full payment of $1,727 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1727 for Highlights of the Eastern US & Canada, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- New York City (USA)
- 130 km
- Philadelphia (USA)
- 199 km
- Washington DC (USA)
- 308 km
- Allegheny (USA)
- 303 km
- Niagara Falls (USA)
- 67 km
- Toronto (Canada)
- 253 km
- Algonquin Provincial Park (Canada)
- 373 km
- Montreal (Canada)
- 403 km
- Boston (USA)
- 96 km
- Cape Cod (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,727 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,316 tours in North America
- covered by 52 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlights of the Eastern US & Canada