Western Express Southbound
- Our saving
- US $ 1,493
- Rather Poor
- NHNicoleWritten on November 8, 20162.5 - AverageThis was a whistle stop tour of some big US west coast highlights. Very enjoyable and a great small group (10 people). However, it is a LOT of driving and you do spend a large amount of your time seeing the US from a car window. there is also not a lot of spare time due to the distances covered and the driving constraints given the guide is also the driver, and can only for safety reasons drive a couple of hours at a time. Although it was a good time to go as the summer crowds had gone and the waterfalls in the parks were in full flow, it was at times as a disappointing tour as I felt our guide had already checked out for the year. He had said it was his last tour for the year and appeared keen to leave, in fact leaving us on the last morning of tour before we'd even packed up and checked out of the final hotel. A couple of key advertised experiences did not happen even though they were on the itinerary, including the pizza dinner on the rim of the Grand Canyon. Despite being included and there being another tour group at the canyon doing the same thing, nothing was arranged for us and we ended up back at a village takeaway for pizza across the road from the hotel. Overall, it was a reasonable tour and quick way to see the highlights, but be prepared that you may not get what was in the plans.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the honest feedback here Nicole. I'm sorry things didn't deliver as you fully might have hoped. Yes, it is a quick tour with a lot packed in. I hope there were some positives to draw from the experience to balance out the negative here.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 San Francisco
- Day 2 San Francisco/Yosemite National Park
- Day 3 Yosemite National Park/Sierra Nevadas
- Day 4 Death Valley/Las Vegas
- Day 5 Las Vegas/Grand Canyon National Park (1D)
- Day 6 Grand Canyon National Park/Laughlin
- Day 7 Laughlin/Los Angeles
- Day 8 Los Angeles
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Rather poor by past passengers
MealsRated Bad by past passengers
TransportRated Average by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is the minimum age flexible?
Unfortunately, G Adventures is strict about all passengers must be a minimum of 18 at time of departure.
If this trip isn't quite what you were looking for, we still have plenty of fantastic tours. Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Joy31st July 2018
Western Express Southbound
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SundayOct 7, 2018from San Francisco8 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Los Angeles0 seats left$73USD $1,756Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayNov 11, 2018from San Francisco8 DaysSundayNov 18, 2018to Los AngelesOnly 1 seat left$73USD $1,756Book Now Hold my
- SundayDec 16, 2018from San Francisco8 DaysSundayDec 23, 2018to Los Angeles10+ seats left$337$1,829-18%USD $1,493
- SundayJan 6, 2019from San Francisco8 DaysSundayJan 13, 2019to Los Angeles7 seats left$80USD $1,919
- SundayFeb 10, 2019from San Francisco8 DaysSundayFeb 17, 2019to Los Angeles10+ seats left$80USD $1,919
- SundayMar 10, 2019from San Francisco8 DaysSundayMar 17, 2019to Los Angeles10+ seats left$80USD $1,919
- SundayMar 17, 2019from San Francisco8 DaysSundayMar 24, 2019to Los Angeles10+ seats left$80USD $1,919
- SundayApr 14, 2019from San Francisco8 DaysSundayApr 21, 2019to Los Angeles10+ seats left$80USD $1,919
- SundayApr 21, 2019from San Francisco8 DaysSundayApr 28, 2019to Los Angeles10+ seats left$80USD $1,919
- SundayMay 19, 2019from San Francisco8 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Los Angeles10+ seats left$82USD $1,967
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- San Francisco is the starting point and Los Angeles is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 November 2018 the full payment of $1,493 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1493 for Western Express Southbound, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- San Francisco (USA)
- 258 km
- Yosemite NP (USA)
- 267 km
- Bakersfield (USA)
- 216 km
- Death Valley NP (USA)
- 176 km
- Las Vegas (USA)
- 295 km
- Grand Canyon National Park (USA)
- 262 km
- Laughlin (USA)
- 358 km
- Los Angeles (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,493 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,909 tours in North America
- covered by 70 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Western Express Southbound