Western Express Northbound
- Our saving
- US $ 1,276
- Shop on Rodeo Drive
- Hike the Grand Canyon
- Try your luck in Las Vegas
- Relax in Yosemite National Park
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- DADeeWritten on March 19, 20184.5 - ExcellentI enjoyed Alex. He was infoemative,calm and organized. The Grand Canyon was my favorite. The last motel (Metropolis) in San Francisco was in a terrible location with homeless people yelling outside our room all night. It was very uncomfortable to come and go from the motel. Also the La Quinta in Bakersfield was old and small and only had 1 towel in room. A perfect trip was diminished by not so good motels.Show detailed ratings
- MWMargaretWritten on March 9, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe guide Stirling was awesome, the bus was new so very nice. It was a 14 seater plus driver, it was just as well that we had only 11 passengers, as it wouldn’t have been as comfortable if the bus was full. I think the stop in ghost town and laughing u could take off the intinerary, as they where a waste really, especially since we where heading to Vegas, I would have like to been able to see a show and spend a day there a5 leas5, not arrive late afte4noon buggered fr9m the long drives, then wait around for checking, then try to see what I coul$ before bed. I understand the drive4 needs breaks, but those stops where jus5 a waste of time, on a trip like this way to much driving. Also with my flight getting in late, I missed the get together info night, so didn’t see LA at all, again a day 8n LA doing the sights, maybe looking at the star homes, etc would have been better and stay another night in LA. Day 1 stay in hotel overnight, could have done someth8ng then like a drive around downtown. To much driving I’m afraid.Show detailed ratings
- JSJenniferWritten on May 15, 20174.5 - ExcellentOur guide Daniel was very friendly and we had so much fun. I loved the group. We saw many beautiful landscapes:)Show detailed ratings
- BDBrittanyWritten on September 7, 20153.5 - GoodThis trip was excellent, the accommodations went way beyond my expectations as did the tour bus and all the sites. However I was less than impressed with our tour guide. He seemed very knowledgeable of the places we visited however he needed to be asked and prompted if any information was going to be given. Also there were several occasions where we asked for walking directions to a location and the directions were very incorrect (if you don't know just tell us and we can figure it out). In locations where we crossed paths with other G Adventure tour groups, the other tour guides seemed much more engaged.Show detailed ratings
- EmmaWritten on August 27, 20154.0 - GoodAlthough it was a quick tour we were able to pack alot into the tour. We had a entertaining and energetic tour guide. He was able to give us alot of information and was able to answer alot of questions. When he didn't know the answer, he would find it out. Thanks NandoShow detailed ratings
- NSNWritten on March 4, 20154.0 - GoodFantastic tour and great set of people. Transportation was a bit of a let down and the bus was small for the amount of traveling we did. Overall a great tour and a great ceoShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Los Angeles
- Day 2 Los Angeles/Laughlin
- Day 3 Laughlin/Grand Canyon National Park (1D)
- Day 4 Grand Canyon National Park/Las Vegas
- Day 5 Las Vegas/Bakersfield
- Day 6 Bakersfield/Yosemite National Park
- Day 7 Yosemite National Park/San Francisco
- Day 8 San Francisco
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Is the single supplement mandatory on this tour?
The single supplement is not mandatory on this trip, so if you're happy to share with another traveller of the same gender, you can join this trip with no additional cost to the advertised, twin share price.
- August 11, 2016
I would like to join the Western Northbound Tour, however, I have questions regarding the accommodation. At any point in this tour, will I be camping? If so where and what will be provided?
There is no overnight camping on this trip, as it is all based on twin share accommodation in hotels or similar.
- August 1, 2016
Can I take a hard suitcase with me as a main luggage or does it need to be a soft bag or backpack?
You will be on the move a lot, so our advice is to pack as lightly as possible. We recommend the use of a duffel bag, soft bag or backpack (whichever you find easiest to carry).
Heavy luggage is not recommended for the health of the CEO, who will take a lead in loading the storage trailer. Due to space in the trailer, we will not be able to accommodate more than one piece of main luggage per person. A good size day-pack (20-35L) is also essential to carry your personal gear for the day, as access to luggage between destinations will be limited. This daypack will be used to carry your personal gear for the day, your lunch and a water bottle.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elena21st December 2017
Western Express Northbound
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Los Angeles8 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to San Francisco4 seats left$76USD $1,823
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Los Angeles8 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to San Francisco4 seats left$623$1,899-33%USD $1,276Book Now Hold my
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Los Angeles8 DaysSundayJul 1, 2018to San Francisco0 seats left$76USD $1,823
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Los Angeles8 DaysSundayJul 8, 2018to San Francisco6 seats left$76USD $1,823
- SundayAug 5, 2018from Los Angeles8 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to San Francisco0 seats left$79USD $1,900
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Los Angeles8 DaysSundayAug 26, 2018to San Francisco0 seats left$79USD $1,900
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Los Angeles8 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to San FranciscoOnly 1 seat left$76USD $1,823Book Now Hold my
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Los Angeles8 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to San Francisco0 seats left$76USD $1,823
- SundayOct 14, 2018from Los Angeles8 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to San Francisco10+ seats left$73USD $1,756
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Los Angeles8 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to San Francisco10+ seats left$73USD $1,756
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Los Angeles is the starting point and San Francisco is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 July 2018 the full payment of $1,276 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1276 for Western Express Northbound, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Los Angeles (USA)
- 358 km
- Laughlin (USA)
- 262 km
- Grand Canyon National Park (USA)
- 295 km
- Las Vegas (USA)
- 176 km
- Death Valley NP (USA)
- 216 km
- Bakersfield (USA)
- 267 km
- Yosemite NP (USA)
- 258 km
- San Francisco (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,276 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,541 tours in North America
- covered by 59 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Western Express Northbound