Chicago to San Francisco Road Trip
- San Francisco
- Camp on the banks of the Mississippi River
- Travel through the Badlands National Park
- Enjoy views of the Bighorn National Forest
- Arrive to Lake Tahoe for hiking or relaxing
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Private Vehicle
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure
Start in Chicago and end in San Francisco! With the discovery tour Chicago to San Francisco Road Trip, you have a 16 day tour package taking you through Chicago, USA and 15 other destinations in USA. Chicago to San Francisco Road Trip includes accommodation in a hotel and hostel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- BryonyWritten on September 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentBest Tour I’ve ever been on!! Perfect Itinerary. No information overload, Great CEOs & value for money. HIGHLY recommendShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewAMAZING! Thanks for sharing this, and thanks for choosing to see the world with G Adventures.
- KMKarenWritten on August 9, 20174.5 - ExcellentI had an absolutely fantastic time on the Chicago to San Francisco tour! Loved all the locations we visited, especially the national parks. I have very limited experience of camping, but really enjoyed this. Like me, the vast majority of the group were travelling solo and we all got on brilliantly. Our CEO's were amazing and I would definitely recommend this tour and G Adventures!Show detailed ratings
- KerstinWritten on July 8, 20124.0 - GoodI absolutely loved this trip. It was a great way to learn and experience this country. I met a bunch of absolutely great people and had the best holidays in a long while. I even wrote a blog about it (in German aktually) for everyone who is interested. :-)Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Chicago
- Day 2 Chicago/Frontenac (1D)
- Day 3 Frontenac/Sioux Falls (1B, 1D)
- Day 4 Sioux Falls/Badlands National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 5 Badlands National Park/Custer State Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 6 Custer State Park/Devils Tower (1B, 1D)
- Day 7 Devils Tower/Bozeman (1B, 1L)
- Day 8 Bozeman/Yellowstone National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 9 Yellowstone National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 10 Yellowstone National Park/Jackson (1B, 1L)
- Day 11 Jackson/Twin Falls (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 12 Twin Falls/Reno (1B, 1L)
- Day 13 Reno/Lake Tahoe (1L, 1D)
- Day 14 Lake Tahoe/Yosemite National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 15 Yosemite National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 16 Yosemite National Park/San Francisco (1B)
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Chicago is the starting point and San Francisco is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Chicago to San Francisco Road Trip, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 3,530 km.
- Chicago (USA)
- 131 km
- Milwaukee (USA)
- 321 km
- Winona (USA)
- 422 km
- Sioux City (USA)
- 321 km
- Kennebec (USA)
- 202 km
- Badlands National Park (USA)
- 83 km
- Custer State Park (USA)
- 142 km
- Devils Tower National Monument (USA)
- 344 km
- Cody (USA)
- 126 km
- Yellowstone National Park (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,799 tours in North America
- covered by 68 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Chicago to San Francisco Road Trip