- US $ 1,479
- Discover Japan's capital city Tokyo
- Get a fabulous view of Mt. Fuji
- Take a trip up to the Japanese Alps
- Visit ancient shrines and temples in Kyoto
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- HTHilaryWritten on April 12, 20173.0 - AverageThis tour could have been amazing but was totally ruined by the grumpy tour leader who created a terrible atmosphere- we all gave up asking questions as the response was typiclaly abrasive and the group members were made to feel like naughty school children. I was very unimpressed with Tucan and their communication. Tucan provided details and good information about the places we were visiting- unfortunatley the tour leader emailed this to us once we were on tour and had no way of accessing it other than on our phone- effectively useless unless you have an enormous phone. The tour leader was not familiar with the tour- giving a gallic shrug and saying "nothing to do with me" when asked questions or when we asked if we could get copies of the information sheets. The lack of interest in communication and customer care was underlined as a problem at company level. When I complained about the very poor levels of communication I was told that it was me that was the problem. In addition, the tour itinerary was changed which meant that there were two days with very early starts and a lot of travelling and meaning that we had less than 3 hours of daylight at our destination- leaving the following morning before 8am. Tucan simply said that this change was within their rights. They also suggested that my expectations were high as the tour was expensive- I never complained about the standard of the accommodation, which was all good, and indeed better than I had expected. I would not recommend Tucan.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1-2: Arrive Tokyo
- Day 3: Odawara (Hakone)
- Day 4-5: Takayama
- Day 6: Kyoto
- Day 7: Depart Kyoto
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Bad by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes in the morning at Hotel Keihan Kyoto Grande (or similar) in Kyoto and it's time to say farewell to your newfound travel friends and continue your separate ways! Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour generally starts from Hotel Abest Ginza Kyobashi in Tokyo and as the first day is just an arrivals day you can arrive at any time. Spend the day at Shinjuku, which is the main cosmopolitan entertainment quarter for restaurants, shopping and Japans busiest rail station or spend time in Ueno (Koen) Park where you can visit the Tokyo Zoological Gardens, National Museums, wander among the cherry trees and the see the historical Toshogu Shrine. Please be aware the starting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Unfortunately, the tour operator does not offer airport transfers in Japan and you will, therefore, have to make your own way from and to the airport.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Tokyo7 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to Kyoto4 seats leftUSD $1,479+ $170 Local Payment
- SaturdayDec 8, 2018from Tokyo7 DaysFridayDec 14, 2018to Kyoto7 seats leftUSD $1,479+ $170 Local Payment
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Tokyo7 DaysFridayDec 28, 2018to Kyoto7 seats leftUSD $1,479+ $170 Local Payment
- SaturdayJan 5, 2019from Tokyo7 DaysFridayJan 11, 2019to Kyoto7 seats leftUSD $1,479+ $170 Local Payment
- SaturdayMar 23, 2019from Tokyo7 DaysFridayMar 29, 2019to Kyoto7 seats leftUSD $1,539+ $180 Local Payment
- SaturdayApr 6, 2019from Tokyo7 DaysFridayApr 12, 2019to Kyoto4 seats leftUSD $1,539+ $180 Local Payment
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Tokyo7 DaysFridayApr 26, 2019to Kyoto7 seats leftUSD $1,539+ $180 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 14, 2019from Tokyo7 DaysFridaySep 20, 2019to Kyoto7 seats leftUSD $1,499+ $180 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Tokyo7 DaysFridayOct 4, 2019to Kyoto7 seats leftUSD $1,499+ $180 Local Payment
- SaturdayOct 12, 2019from Tokyo7 DaysFridayOct 18, 2019to Kyoto7 seats leftUSD $1,499+ $180 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 November 2018 the full payment of $1,479 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1479 for Japan Highlights, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 229 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 184 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,479 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,869 tours in Asia
- covered by 287 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Japan Highlights via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Highlights