- Our saving
- US $ 1,403
- Discover Japan's capital city Tokyo
- Get a fabulous view of Mt. Fuji
- Take a trip up to the Japanese Alps
- Visit ancient shrines and temples in Kyoto
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Tucan Travel
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1-2: Arrive Tokyo
- Day 3: Odawara (Hakone)
- Day 4-5: Takayama
- Day 6: Kyoto
- Day 7: Depart Kyoto
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- JJenniferWritten on June 5, 20193.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Took to places I wouldn't have thought to go on my own. Sake tasting wasn't very good at all, stood up in cold shop clearly on a conveyer belt of visitors, one tiny taste and no opportunity to ask about sake or make informed purchase.Review collected by Tucan Travel
- NNathanWritten on June 5, 20194.8 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Always great value for money, just never sure what our local payment is used for. Charles was outstanding throughout. Manoeuvring 20 people through the train stations of Japan, at one of the busiest times to visit is not an easy task, but something he... Read moreReview collected by Tucan Travel
- JJulieWritten on June 5, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Charles was great, really friendly and approachable and also extremely knowledgeable. It's a tough job but he got our large group everywhere we needed to be on time. Hope he's our tour leader again one day.Review collected by Tucan Travel
- EErlindaWritten on June 5, 20192.8 - AverageShow detailed ratings
Some days were good, others wee too fast paced but that was due to the incompetent leadershipReview collected by Tucan Travel
- HTHilaryWritten on April 12, 20173.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
This tour could have been amazing but was totally ruined by the grumpy tour leader who created a terrible atmosphere- we all gave up asking questions as the response was typiclaly abrasive and the group members were made to feel like naughty school... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes in the morning at Hotel Keihan Kyoto Grande (or similar) in Kyoto and it's time to say farewell to your newfound travel friends and continue your separate ways! Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour generally starts from Hotel Abest Ginza Kyobashi in Tokyo and as the first day is just an arrivals day you can arrive at any time. Spend the day at Shinjuku, which is the main cosmopolitan entertainment quarter for restaurants, shopping and Japans busiest rail station or spend time in Ueno (Koen) Park where you can visit the Tokyo Zoological Gardens, National Museums, wander among the cherry trees and the see the historical Toshogu Shrine. Please be aware the starting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Unfortunately, the tour operator does not offer airport transfers in Japan and you will, therefore, have to make your own way from and to the airport.
- Main Page Video
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Christopher26th May 2019
- Upcoming departures
- October 2019
- December 2019
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- SaturdayOct 26, 2019from Tokyo7 DaysFridayNov 1, 2019to Kyoto7 seats left$621$2,299-27%USD $1,678+ $180 Local Payment
- SaturdayDec 14, 2019from Tokyo7 DaysFridayDec 20, 2019to Kyoto7 seats left$936$2,339-40%USD $1,403+ $180 Local Payment
- SaturdayDec 28, 2019from Tokyo7 DaysFridayJan 3, 2020to Kyoto4 seats left$725$2,339-31%USD $1,614+ $180 Local Payment
- SaturdayMar 7, 2020from Tokyo7 DaysFridayMar 13, 2020to Kyoto7 seats left$645$2,389-27%USD $1,744+ $190 Local Payment
- SaturdayMar 21, 2020from Tokyo7 DaysFridayMar 27, 2020to Kyoto7 seats left$656$2,429-27%USD $1,773+ $190 Local Payment
- SaturdayApr 4, 2020from Tokyo7 DaysFridayApr 10, 2020to Kyoto7 seats left$656$2,429-27%USD $1,773+ $190 Local Payment
- SaturdayApr 18, 2020from Tokyo7 DaysFridayApr 24, 2020to Kyoto7 seats left$656$2,429-27%USD $1,773+ $190 Local Payment
- SaturdayMay 2, 2020from Tokyo7 DaysFridayMay 8, 2020to Kyoto7 seats leftUSD $2,389+ $190 Local Payment
- SundayOct 4, 2020from Tokyo7 DaysSaturdayOct 10, 2020to Kyoto7 seats left$406$2,389-17%USD $1,983+ $190 Local Payment
- SundayOct 18, 2020from Tokyo7 DaysSaturdayOct 24, 2020to Kyoto7 seats left$413$2,429-17%USD $2,016+ $190 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 19 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 19 December 2019, a minimum payment of $140 is required to confirm your booking with Tucan Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Tucan Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Tucan Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 229 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 184 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,403 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 13,071 tours in Asia
- covered by 878 different operators in Asia
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Highlights