Beyond the Horizon Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 25 Apr 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,247
+ $170 Local Payment
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Discover Japan's capital city Tokyo
- Get a fabulous view of Mt. Fuji
- Take a trip up to the Japanese Alps
- Visit ancient shrines and temples in Kyoto
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Max Group Size
Start in Tokyo and end in Kyoto! With the adventure tour Japan Highlights, you have a 7 day tour package taking you from Tokyo to Kyoto and through Tokyo, Japan and 2 other destinations in Japan. Japan Highlights is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- HTHilaryWritten on April 12, 20173.0 - AverageThis tour could have been amazing but was totally ruined by the grumpy tour leader who created a terrible atmosphere- we all gave up asking questions as the response was typiclaly abrasive and the group members were made to feel like naughty school children. I was very unimpressed with Tucan and their communication. Tucan provided details and good information about the places we were visiting- unfortunatley the tour leader emailed this to us once we were on tour and had no way of accessing it other than on our phone- effectively useless unless you have an enormous phone. The tour leader was not familiar with the tour- giving a gallic shrug and saying "nothing to do with me" when asked questions or when we asked if we could get copies of the information sheets. The lack of interest in communication and customer care was underlined as a problem at company level. When I complained about the very poor levels of communication I was told that it was me that was the problem. In addition, the tour itinerary was changed which meant that there were two days with very early starts and a lot of travelling and meaning that we had less than 3 hours of daylight at our destination- leaving the following morning before 8am. Tucan simply said that this change was within their rights. They also suggested that my expectations were high as the tour was expensive- I never complained about the standard of the accommodation, which was all good, and indeed better than I had expected. I would not recommend Tucan.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1-2: Arrive Tokyo
- Day 3: Odawara (Hakone)
- Day 4-5: Takayama
- Day 6: Kyoto
- Day 7: Depart Kyoto
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Bad by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Is there a guide leader all through out the tour?
Yes this is a fully escorted tour lead by your Tucan Travel tour leader.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Kimberely28th January 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- December 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Tokyo7 DaysFridaySep 28, 2018to Kyoto7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $52USD $1,247+ $170 Local Payment
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Tokyo7 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to Kyoto7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $52USD $1,247+ $170 Local Payment
- SaturdayDec 8, 2018from Tokyo7 DaysFridayDec 14, 2018to Kyoto7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $52USD $1,247+ $170 Local Payment
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Tokyo7 DaysFridayDec 28, 2018to Kyoto7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $52USD $1,247+ $170 Local Payment
- SaturdayJan 5, 2019from Tokyo7 DaysFridayJan 11, 2019to Kyoto7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $52USD $1,247+ $170 Local Payment
- SaturdayMar 23, 2019from Tokyo7 DaysFridayMar 29, 2019to Kyoto7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $54USD $1,305+ $180 Local Payment
- SaturdayApr 6, 2019from Tokyo7 DaysFridayApr 12, 2019to Kyoto7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $54USD $1,305+ $180 Local Payment
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Tokyo7 DaysFridayApr 26, 2019to Kyoto7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $54USD $1,305+ $180 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 14, 2019from Tokyo7 DaysFridaySep 20, 2019to Kyoto7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $53USD $1,276+ $180 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Tokyo7 DaysFridayOct 4, 2019to Kyoto7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $53USD $1,276+ $180 Local Payment
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Tucan Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 June 2018 the full payment of $1,247 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1247 for Japan Highlights, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 413 km.
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 229 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 184 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,247 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,365 tours in Asia
- covered by 171 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Highlights