Back Roads of Japan
- Our saving
- US $ 1,679
- Ride the bullet train to Kyoto
- Visit the Peace Memorial Park in Hiroshima
- Board the train to the port city of Nagasaki
- Sing Karaoke in Tokyo
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Plane
- Rather Poor
- LyndaWritten on October 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe tour was great. There was a good mix of locations and activities. Charles our tour leader was brilliant and great at suggesting activities, places to eat and so knowledgableShow detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Lynda Thanks so much for your fantastic review of your Japan adventure. We hope that you join us on another trip soon.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Kyoto
- Day 2: Kyoto
- Day 3-4: Hiroshima
- Day 5-6: Nagasaki
- Day 7-8: Fukuoka
- Day 9: Tokyo
- Day 10: Depart Tokyo
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Does the Back Roads of Japan tour include international flights?
Flights are not included in the tour package. We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
- September 14, 2016
Will I need visas?
Visa requirements vary for different nationalities depending on the countries you will be visiting. We provide a rough guide to worldwide visas on our website but this is by no means definitive and you should either use a visa service or contact each country’s consulate or embassy for the latest information, well in advance of travel. Please note that obtaining the necessary visas is your responsibility and if you don’t have the correct visa for your destination(s) you may miss out on all or part of your tour.
- July 1, 2016
We are two ladies who would like a room of our own. Do you have a single supplement on your tours in Japan?
The single supplement is completely optional. You are not required to pay a single supplement to join the tour. The tour price advertised is based on a twin share basis, if you are a single traveller you will be roomed with a passenger of the same gender. The single supplement optional cost is if you would like your own room on the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Marie1st February 2018
Back Roads of Japan
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- December 2019
- ThursdayApr 26, 2018from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayMay 5, 2018to Tokyo6 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $72USD $1,717+ $220 Local Payment
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to Tokyo7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $70USD $1,679+ $220 Local Payment
- ThursdayOct 11, 2018from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayOct 20, 2018to Tokyo7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $70USD $1,679+ $220 Local Payment
- ThursdayDec 13, 2018from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayDec 22, 2018to Tokyo7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $70USD $1,679+ $220 Local Payment
- ThursdayDec 27, 2018from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayJan 5, 2019to Tokyo7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $70USD $1,679+ $220 Local Payment
- ThursdayJan 10, 2019from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayJan 19, 2019to Tokyo7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $70USD $1,679+ $220 Local Payment
- ThursdayMar 28, 2019from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayApr 6, 2019to Tokyo7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $73USD $1,746+ $240 Local Payment
- ThursdayApr 11, 2019from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to Tokyo7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $73USD $1,746+ $240 Local Payment
- ThursdayApr 25, 2019from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayMay 4, 2019to Tokyo7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $73USD $1,746+ $240 Local Payment
- ThursdaySep 19, 2019from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdaySep 28, 2019to Tokyo7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $72USD $1,717+ $240 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Kyoto is the starting point and Tokyo is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Tucan Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 June 2018 the full payment of $1,679 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1679 for Back Roads of Japan, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 599 km
- Nagasaki (Japan)
- 149 km
- Yufuin (Japan)
- 141 km
- Miyajima Island (Japan)
- 606 km
- Kawaguchiko (Japan)
- 91 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,679 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,364 tours in Asia
- covered by 171 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Back Roads of Japan