Back Roads of Japan
- Our saving
- US $ 2,203
- Ride the bullet train to Kyoto
- Visit the Peace Memorial Park in Hiroshima
- Board the train to the port city of Nagasaki
- Sing Karaoke in Tokyo
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Plane
Other reviews about Tucan Travel:Write a review
- Bernard Samtoy's review about another Tucan Travel tour5.0 - ExcellentI was on the same tour as Jaylyne, who wrote the review below. My experience was completely different. I found it to be ... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Kyoto
- Day 2: Kyoto
- Day 3-4: Hiroshima
- Day 5-6: Yufuin
- Day 7-8: Nagasaki
- Day 9: Tokyo
- Day 10: Depart Tokyo
- Main Page Video
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Does the Back Roads of Japan tour include international flights?
Flights are not included in the tour package. We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
- September 14, 2016
Will I need visas?
Visa requirements vary for different nationalities depending on the countries you will be visiting. We provide a rough guide to worldwide visas on our website but this is by no means definitive and you should either use a visa service or contact each country’s consulate or embassy for the latest information, well in advance of travel. Please note that obtaining the necessary visas is your responsibility and if you don’t have the correct visa for your destination(s) you may miss out on all or part of your tour.
- July 1, 2016
We are two ladies who would like a room of our own. Do you have a single supplement on your tours in Japan?
The single supplement is completely optional. You are not required to pay a single supplement to join the tour. The tour price advertised is based on a twin share basis, if you are a single traveller you will be roomed with a passenger of the same gender. The single supplement optional cost is if you would like your own room on the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynne5th September 2017
Back Roads of Japan
- Upcoming departures
- November 2017
- December 2017
- March 2018
- April 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- December 2018
- ThursdayNov 2, 2017from KyotoSaturdayNov 11, 2017in TokyoOur saving$61PriceUSD $2,3980 spaces left
- ThursdayDec 14, 2017from KyotoSaturdayDec 23, 2017in TokyoOur saving$54PriceUSD $2,1250 spaces left
- ThursdayDec 28, 2017from KyotoSaturdayJan 6, 2018in TokyoOur saving$60PriceUSD $2,3390 spaces left
- ThursdayMar 29, 2018from KyotoSaturdayApr 7, 2018in TokyoOur saving$479Price$2,799-17%USD $2,3207 spaces left
- ThursdayApr 12, 2018from KyotoSaturdayApr 21, 2018in TokyoOur saving$479Price$2,799-17%USD $2,3207 spaces left
- ThursdayApr 26, 2018from KyotoSaturdayMay 5, 2018in TokyoOur saving$479Price$2,799-17%USD $2,3207 spaces left
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from KyotoSaturdayOct 6, 2018in TokyoOur saving$455Price$2,659-17%USD $2,2037 spaces left
- ThursdayOct 11, 2018from KyotoSaturdayOct 20, 2018in TokyoOur saving$455Price$2,659-17%USD $2,2037 spaces left
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from KyotoSaturdayNov 3, 2018in TokyoOur saving$455Price$2,659-17%USD $2,2037 spaces left
- ThursdayDec 13, 2018from KyotoSaturdayDec 22, 2018in TokyoOur saving$455Price$2,659-17%USD $2,2037 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Kyoto is the starting point and Tokyo is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Tucan Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2017 the full payment of $2,203 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2203 for Back Roads of Japan, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 599 km
- Nagasaki (Japan)
- 149 km
- Yufuin (Japan)
- 141 km
- Miyajima Island (Japan)
- 606 km
- Kawaguchiko (Japan)
- 91 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,203 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,845 tours in Asia
- covered by 136 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 16 travellers have already met
before they left for Back Roads of Japan tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 21,611 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Asia tours