- Our saving
- US $ 2,175
- JUST PAY $140 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Ride the bullet train to Kyoto
- Visit the Peace Memorial Park in Hiroshima
- Board the train to the port city of Nagasaki
- Sing Karaoke in Tokyo
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- RRoseWritten on May 13, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Japan may have become my new favourite country. This trip was incredible - highlights included visiting the geisha district in Gion, taking the train to Yufuin and exploring Tokyo. Charles was one of the best tour leaders - his knowledge was fantastic.... Read more
- LyndaWritten on October 28, 20174.5 - Excellent
The tour was great. There was a good mix of locations and activities. Charles our tour leader was brilliant and great at suggesting activities, places to eat and so knowledgableShow detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Lynda Thanks so much for your fantastic review of your Japan adventure. We hope that you join us on another trip soon.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Kyoto
- Day 2: Kyoto
- Day 3-4: Hiroshima
- Day 5-6: Nagasaki
- Day 7-8: Fukuoka
- Day 9: Tokyo
- Day 10: Depart Tokyo
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Does the Back Roads of Japan tour include international flights?
Flights are not included in the tour package. We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
Will I need visas?
Visa requirements vary for different nationalities depending on the countries you will be visiting. We provide a rough guide to worldwide visas on our website but this is by no means definitive and you should either use a visa service or contact each country’s consulate or embassy for the latest information, well in advance of travel. Please note that obtaining the necessary visas is your responsibility and if you don’t have the correct visa for your destination(s) you may miss out on all or part of your tour.
We are two ladies who would like a room of our own. Do you have a single supplement on your tours in Japan?
The single supplement is completely optional. You are not required to pay a single supplement to join the tour. The tour price advertised is based on a twin share basis, if you are a single traveller you will be roomed with a passenger of the same gender. The single supplement optional cost is if you would like your own room on the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- John16th December 2018
- Upcoming departures
- July 2019
- August 2019
- October 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- ThursdayJul 25, 2019from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayAug 3, 2019to Tokyo7 seats left$1,024$3,199-32%USD $2,175+ $240 Local Payment
- ThursdayAug 8, 2019from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayAug 17, 2019to Tokyo7 seats left$486$3,039-16%USD $2,553+ $240 Local Payment
- ThursdayOct 17, 2019from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayOct 26, 2019to TokyoOnly 3 seats left$587$3,669-16%USD $3,082+ $240 Local Payment
- ThursdayOct 31, 2019from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayNov 9, 2019to Tokyo7 seats left$512$3,199-16%USD $2,687+ $240 Local Payment
- ThursdayDec 19, 2019from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayDec 28, 2019to Tokyo7 seats left$523$3,269-16%USD $2,746+ $240 Local Payment
- ThursdayJan 2, 2020from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayJan 11, 2020to Tokyo7 seats left$523$3,269-16%USD $2,746+ $240 Local Payment
- ThursdayJan 16, 2020from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayJan 25, 2020to Tokyo7 seats left$533$3,329-16%USD $2,796+ $240 Local Payment
- ThursdayMar 12, 2020from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayMar 21, 2020to Tokyo7 seats leftUSD $3,329+ $260 Local Payment
- ThursdayMar 26, 2020from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayApr 4, 2020to Tokyo7 seats leftUSD $3,399+ $260 Local Payment
- ThursdayApr 9, 2020from Kyoto10 DaysSaturdayApr 18, 2020to Tokyo7 seats leftUSD $3,399+ $260 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Kyoto is the starting point and Tokyo is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $140 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 July 2019 the full payment of $2,175 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2175 for Southern Japan, but the deposit of $140 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 311 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 20 km
- Miyajima Island (Japan)
- 280 km
- Nagasaki (Japan)
- 105 km
- Fukuoka (Japan)
- 886 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,175 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,852 tours in Asia
- covered by 786 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Southern Japan via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Southern Japan