- Our saving
- US $ 412
- +12 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Visit the Giza Plateau to explore the world famous pyramids
- Explore the Valley of the Kings
- Discover the city of Aswan and its temples
- Jump onboard a Felucca cruise on the Nile
- Rather Poor
- NNicoleCominWritten on August 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentI had a fantastic time on this tour. Sam was a great guide. He was easy to approach, really helpful and made our time fun. It's a well planned tour. The fluecca on the Nile was a highlight.Show detailed ratings
- JJaclynWritten on July 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentSam was an incredible tour guide. He is so knowledgeable and interesting to listen to. He made the whole experience so memorable. I always felt safe being guided by him and he was very approachable. He was also veey accomidating.Show detailed ratings
- StephanieWritten on July 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentSam is very approachable and friendly, not to mention the most knowledgeable person ever! He knows literally everything there is to know bout Egypt and its history and explains it in fun ways. He accommodates your every need and has a great sense of humour, nothing is too much trouble. The best tour guide ever!Show detailed ratings
- KathrineWritten on June 30, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe had a fantastic trip to Cairo, the essential egypt trip. Our guide Shady was the best, he had a lot of facts about everything and he made the whole trip fun and extra interesting and if you have a question, he can answere it and give a lot of extra details. All the facts and information he had, was so exciting to listen to, that we remember it all. If anybody wants to go on the essential egypt trip, we highly recommend Shady as a guide. He was very good at taking pictures and suggesting fun photos. He helped us hackle at the bazar, so we didn't pay to much. He has a lot of conections, so he can easily make the trip a better experience, because he always knows somebody who can help with whatever you need. We give Shady all the stars you can get, excellent service! He was the perfect guide for us, and we are sure he will be perfect for anybody else too! - Mathias and Kathrine from DenmarkShow detailed ratings
- NNarisaJotibanWritten on June 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentI really enjoyed this tour and it was because Sameh Makram was the tour guide. He has such rich knowledge of Egyptology and culture. His passion makes you want to learn more about it and his charisma makes the tour so much more interesting and enjoyable. Sam is also very accommodating and thoughtful. During the tour, he made sure that his tour group got to see and learn as much as possible and we were all happy with everything from the food to the itinerary. He was always there to answer questions, to help and he was very patient. The tour wouldn't have been the same without him. He's by far one of the greatest tour guides ever. I would love to go back to Egypt to do a tour with Sam again soon.Show detailed ratings
- DDushaniWritten on June 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentSameh was an incredible guide - personable, approachable, funny and knowledgeable. He was a great understanding of Egyptian history and culture and he shared it in interesting and entertaining ways, be it in enacting a play whilst at the Temple of Philae or drawing stories on the sand beside a pyramid. Sam was funny, engaging and took great care of us, even though we were a huge group. He always kept us informed and genuinely cared about us. I would love to go on another tour with Sam.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on May 29, 20185.0 - ExcellentSameh was so passionate about his country’s history. He made the stories come alive amongst the ruins of the past. We all had fun and as the oldest there by far I felt included in the whole experience. He also convinced us that our ancestors were Egyptian! Well done Sameh!Show detailed ratings
- BBrittanyirvineWritten on May 29, 20185.0 - ExcellentSam was the best tour guide ever!! So knowledgable about everything and always had an answer for our questions! He was so funny and just seemed like a real part of the group! Super awesome guy and tour guide! Would definitely reccomend him to anyone!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on April 27, 20184.0 - GoodThe place itself is full of history. The group I was with are youngsters but it was okay, they are fun and full of energy. I will definitely come and visit the place again.Show detailed ratings
- NicolasWritten on April 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis was the best trip of my life! I had a blast with my travel mates. I made good friends there and we've remained in touch since then. I highly recommend Travel Talk tours! They are cool, affordable, and focus on the essentials. It is rare to find a well-balanced tour aimed towards young people that let's you have fun and visit a high number of historical sights efficiently. 5 stars!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo
- Day 2: Cairo City Tour, Luxor
- Day 3: Luxor
- Day 4: Aswan
- Day 5: Daily Felucca cruise on the Nile
- Day 6: Edfu, Komombo, Luxor
- Day 7: Luxor, Cairo
- Day 8: Cairo City Tour
- Day 9: Cairo
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends after breakfast on the last day of the tour at The Oasis Hotel Pyramids in Cairo. It's now time to say goodbye to your new friends and check-out of the hotel at 11 am. Before your flight, you will be bussed back to the airport where the tour operator will bid you safe travels! Please be aware the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of the tour generally starts from The Oasis Hotel Pyramids in Cairo and as the first day is just an arrivals day you can arrive at any time. At the Cairo terminal, keep your eyes open for the Travel Talk sign, as they pick you up from the airport and take you to the hotel. There is an informal meeting planned for the evening at approximately 6:00 pm so we recommend arriving beforehand so you can meet your group and fellow travellers.
Please note that the joining point is subject to change until your final documents are released.
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions for this tour are:
Group Dinner on Cruise
Hot Air Ballooning
Please note that this list is a guideline only and that pricing will be available with your finalised travel documents.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hey every one. Iam Sameh or Sam as my friends call me. Am qualified egyptoligist tour guide who loves..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$277$738-38%USD $461+ $204 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$330$878-38%USD $548+ $204 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$330$878-38%USD $548+ $204 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$330$878-38%USD $548+ $204 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$330$878-38%USD $548+ $204 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$330$878-38%USD $548+ $204 Local Payment
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$330$878-38%USD $548+ $204 Local Payment
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$330$878-38%USD $548+ $204 Local Payment
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$330$878-38%USD $548+ $204 Local Payment
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$330$878-38%USD $548+ $204 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $120 to confirm this Travel Talk booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 October 2018 the full payment of $412 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $412 for Essential Egypt, but the deposit of $120 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Travel Talk will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Travel Talk tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 4 km
- Giza (Egypt)
- 18 km
- Saqqara (Egypt)
- 22 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 490 km
- Valley of the Kings (Egypt)
- 14 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 181 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 7 km
- Philae (Egypt)
- 7 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 99 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $412 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,330 tours in Africa
- covered by 127 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Essential Egypt via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 136 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Essential Egypt