Walking in the Azores (14may)
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 14 to 85
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Day 1: Join trip in Ponta Delgada on the island of Sao Miguel
- Day 2: Enjoy lakeside walk, lunch among volcanic scenery and visit thermal pools
- Day 3: Walk around Sete Cidades, see the colourful crater lakes
- Day 4: Free day; optional boat trip to look for whales
- Day 5: Fly to Santa Cruz on Flores Island; option to visit Corvo Island by boat
- Day 6: Enjoy spectacular West Coast views on a hike to Faja Grande
- Day 7: Fly to Terceira Island where we stay in Praia da Vitoria
- Day 8: Walk to Baias de Agualva; disocver Biscoitos lava pools
- Day 9: Visit Angra do Heroismo town before flying to Sao Jorge Island
- Day 10: Walk through Caldeira de Cima gorge down to Faja dos Cubres
- Day 11: Free day with a choice of optional walks including ridge walk down to Faja Ouividor
- Day 12: Take the ferry to Faial Island; explore Horta
- Day 13: Full day excursion of the island. Walks at the Caldeira and Capelinhos volcano
- Day 14: Free day in Horta; optional whale watching
- Day 15: Trip ends in Horta, Faial Island
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- AJane· December 23rd, 2019I've noticed how hard most tour leaders work, in many different tour companies - sometimes back-to-back tours, with little time off for rest, as they're preparing for the next tour. It doesn't look good from a tourist's perspective to see they're... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewMany thanks for you review - our leaders sure do work hard to deliver a fantastic experience, we are in touch with them throughout the season to ensure they have all the support they need.Trip date: June 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ARoger· December 23rd, 2019Some of the walking was rugged and steep which several party members found hard.Explore! commented on this reviewMany thanks for your great review, and feedback on the walks - these are reviewed at the end of each season and some changes are coming for 2021.Trip date: June 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AMichael· December 23rd, 2019There were no jaw dropping highlights on this trip but it was an interesting insight into island life in the Azores. The islands are all similar as might be expected but beautiful. In hindsight I would have gone earlier in the year when all of the... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your trip!Trip date: October 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AMartin· December 23rd, 2019Please ensure that when booking flights there is more time allowed at Lisbon airport to allow for delays on incoming flights. One hour is NOT sufficientExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedback. Hope to travel with you in the future.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AHeather· December 23rd, 2019The walking is classified as 'Easy to Moderate' I walk at 3 miles an hour and on holiday walk up to 10 miles in a day. We had a group of very experienced walkers and were walking much faster than I would normally, which makes it difficult to enjoy a... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedback on the walks, these are regularly reviewed and discussed with the tour leader. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the islands!Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- APaul· December 23rd, 2019I enjoyed this trip very much. Great destination, 4 itinerary and I was lucky with the person sharing my room and with the group overall. Thank youExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for the great feedback, we're really pleased you enjoyed your Azores adventure.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AElisabeth· December 23rd, 2019The itinerary indicated a lot of optional walks, which could have been difficult for clients to follow without the tour leader. It was a very pleasant surprise that these walks were all organised and led by our tour leader for those who chose to do... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AChris· December 23rd, 2019-Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your trip!Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- APamela· December 23rd, 2019The Azores trip exceeded my expectations in the variety of things we saw in each island and the sheer beauty of the place. I hope to do a return visit to some of the other islands at some stage in the future and also try to join a group where I am not... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your lovely review.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ACarol· December 23rd, 2019-Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Glad you had a great trip!Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Saturday14 May, 2022EnglishSaturday28 May, 2022Multiple Room Types$3,2300% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar
Keep Exploring Portugal
- Portugal Travel Guide
- Family Trip to Europe Itineraries (From 1 to 3 Weeks)
- 10 Best Hiking & Trekking Companies (with Reviews)
- Hiking in Europe in February
- Hiking in Europe in January
- Hiking in Europe in May
- Your Guide to Planning a Private Hike 2022
- Best Hiking Tours in The World 2022/2023
- Portugal from Ponta Delgada
- Portugal Hiking & Trekking
- 15 days Portugal
- Operators in Europe
- Azores Archipelago
- Hiking & Trekking tours
- Atlantic tours
- Portugal tours
- Europe tours
- Azores Archipelago