- Our saving
- US $ 527
- +8 Destinations
- Western Turkey
- Visit the buzzing metropolis of Istanbul
- Discover the famous Underground City
- Explore Gallipoli’s war memorials
- Experience the ancient city of Troy
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- XochieWritten on March 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentIt was not what I paid for. I am requesting my money back. My flight was red-eyed, booked an extra night at the hotel, got there couldn’t find my reservation. I had to pay again finally at 3 am I was given a room, at 8:30 am I got a call saying I had to move to another room. My sleepless night began there. There were 34 in our tour. Tour Rader guaranteed 10 to 15 people. It seems that Travel Talk caters to New Zealanders and Australians living in London, most were between 20 to 30 years old. I wished I was told of the kind of tour it was going to be. Because I was in a time crunch I had to stay the entire tour. Was planning to book Israel and Jordan with Tour Radar however with the bad experience I had I am skeptical. The last night was horrible in Cappadocia, young individuals from our groups got drunk making loud noises waking us and the rest of the guess it was an embarrassment. Too tired to continue with all the unpleasantness, thankfully the tour guide Mustafa was very professional, made the tour bearable.Show detailed ratings
- KKymberleyWritten on January 3, 20184.0 - GoodTour guide Mustafa was very knowledgeable, passionate, entertaining and an all round nice guy! I highly recommend the tour and Turkey is such a wonderful country!Show detailed ratings
- AlfieWritten on January 2, 20185.0 - ExcellentGreat trip. Our guide Mustafa was a top bloke - and really looked after us, and showed us a lot of cool sights. Accommodation was clean and comfortable. Turkish 4/5 star hotels, which for many Europeans are more like 3/4 star - but all were the best hotels in the area. Food was okay. Warning if you're a vegetarian, it's a real struggle. But it's not the fault of the tour - that's just the local cuisine. Personally, I thought the bus rides were manageable. It's always going to be a lot of traveling, doing so much in a relatively short time. In summary, would recommend this trip for sure.Show detailed ratings
- ACAngelinaWritten on January 2, 20185.0 - ExcellentReally good. I hadn't any expectations when i book this tour due to the price but it turns out to be a really great tour with an excellent tour leader/guide,Mustafa who is super knowledgeable on everything Turkey. The hotels we stay were top notch and the food outside of included meals were good which various Turkish food to choose from and of course we had a choice of Mcdonalds in one of our lunches when we got sick of kebabs and sishs. The places we went were an eye opening and really brings out the beauty of Turkey. Good tour with great bunch of new friends made.Show detailed ratings
- JIJanineWritten on December 27, 20174.0 - GoodEssential Turkey was a GREAT way to travel around Turkey!!! Sightseeings were amazing!! Recommendations: Istanbul: have a guide in the archaeology museum or leave it for last as an option ONLY... because I believe there are plenty more places to visit and see around Istanbul... i believe istanbul was incomplete... Gallipoli was great! History explanation was awesome! Very complete! Cannakale: since you arrive pretty late maybe have it as an option to those who are interested to go for a walk around downtown Pammukale: take a towel with you... I regret not being able to lay back and relax inside the hotsprings.. i was only able to put my feet inside... Cappadocia: Hamam experience was TERRIBLE, since I had done a turkish bath before I was able to notice it was VERY bad!! Masseurs seemed tired... they just did everything in a rush in less than 45mins they were done so u barely had time to enjoy and relax!!... did not use a NEW sponge for each guest they were using the SAME for everybody... Have it like an option to be able to take everyone to walk around the small town near the hotel it is great at night but not able to actually go and enjoy it... HOTELS: All hotels and foods were all GREAT!!! Cant complain! EXCEPT the one in Istanbul... Location was great but I did not like how the staff was not helpful and they would tell you different prices for taxis or shuttles or tours... they tend to go beyond the real price... Guide: very helpful, patient and fun! Great way to explain history... Bus driver:he did not speak english so very hard to stablisha conversation with him... it would be nice if he could understand us... i would recommend to him to sleep well... I was able to tell he was tired... eyes were closing when driving... (which is normal due to the long drives but VERY dangerous) Whole trip: Just a recommendation.. Can it be done the other way around? Starting from Capadoccia and leaving Gallipoli for last? I suggest this because the 2 most tired and long trips are the 2 last ones by then we are all super tired to handle them.. maybe if they are at the beginning when we are all full of energy the whole trip would go by smoother... Over all I WOULD TOTALY recommend this tour! It was a great way to fall in love with Turkey!!!Show detailed ratings
- AmandaWritten on December 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentExcellent trip. Guide was fantastic, knowledgeable and helpful. Places visited were exactly what I was after and the balloon ride really topped it off. Accommodation was excellent, service was excellent. Great value for money.Show detailed ratings
- ALAmberWritten on November 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentHad an excellent tour around turkey. Our guide was amazing and very knowledgable. It's very nice not having to worry about anything apart from getting on the bus in the morning. It is a quick taste of turkey, and a lot of driving involved and long trips on the bus. But perfect if you dong have much time.Show detailed ratings
- SGShellyWritten on October 5, 20175.0 - ExcellentTurkey was amazing, and our guide Yevuz was brilliant and knew his stuff. He went out of the way to help you and never seemed annoyed or frustrated. Beware the travel times are long on the 9 day tour and if you are on a budget make sure to find out the cost of all tye extras like entrance fees and optional activities because they can mount up. We were able to try a range of delicious local foods, and experiences like the turkish bath were fascinating, but not for the bashful! Pammukalle was my highlight and something I will never forget, I hope thos attraction will be preserved for years to come and hot air ballooning is a must for everyone, cappadocia is somewhere i would love to return to one day. Overall travel talk were really kind and helpful, they are efficient and if you need any help dont be afraid to ask even if it seems hopeless, believe me, they work miracles.Show detailed ratings
- ASAndreWritten on August 16, 20175.0 - ExcellentWent on a week tour of Turkey: amazing!! The tour leader was very kind, knowledgeable, tried to help everyone if something wrong happened.. The hotel where we stayed were impressive & with local food. We as group went to have a meal in a family house and everything was great. I can only recommend this tour with Yavuz Kirikci!!Show detailed ratings
- DSDeborahWritten on June 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was amazing. The hotels we stayed in were beautiful. The guide Yousif (also goes by Kev and Joseph) was amazing, very funny, knowledgeable and spoke great English. I would highly recommend this tour as interesting with huge range of sites/scenery covered and great value for money!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Istanbul
- Day 2: Istanbul City Tour
- Day 3: Gallipoli
- Day 4: Troy, Pergamum, Kusadasi
- Day 5: Ephesus, Pamukkale
- Day 6: Pamukkale, Cappadocia
- Day 7: Cappadocia
- Day 8: Cappadocia, Ihlara, Istanbul
- Day 9: Istanbul
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 1, 2017
Where would be this tour's meeting point?
The meeting point is the arrival hotel called Ottoman Imperial.
- April 1, 2017
Are there any airport transfers available?
Our complimentary airport transfers are available from the airports with a valid flight number, on the first day of the tour from 05:30am until 23:30pm.
- April 1, 2017
Which airport do I need to fly in/out of?
You can fly in to any airports in Istanbul.
Guides who have led this tour
31 travellers met before going on their Travel Talk Essential Turkey tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 31st March 20181 comment"Looking forward to exploring Turkey!"
- Departs 28th April 20181 comment"Can't wait to discover Turkey!!"
- Departs 12th May 20181 comment"Hi there! My name is Meike and i'm joining the 12/05 Essential Turkey trip. Keen to connect with others pre-tour! I'm also arriving the night before and a solo traveller, so if someone would be interested in joining me for an Istanbul exploration before the group meet you're more than welcome! "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Pamela1st February 2018
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SaturdayMar 31, 2018from Istanbul9 DaysSundayApr 8, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$603$1,278-47%USD $675+ $226 Local Payment
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from Istanbul9 DaysSundayMay 6, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$584$1,238-47%USD $654+ $226 Local Payment
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from Istanbul9 DaysSundayMay 20, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$584$1,238-47%USD $654+ $226 Local Payment
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from Istanbul9 DaysSundayMay 27, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$584$1,238-47%USD $654+ $226 Local Payment
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from Istanbul9 DaysSundayJun 3, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$584$1,238-47%USD $654+ $226 Local Payment
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Istanbul9 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$584$1,238-47%USD $654+ $226 Local Payment
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Istanbul9 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$584$1,238-47%USD $654+ $226 Local Payment
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Istanbul9 DaysSundayJun 24, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$584$1,238-47%USD $654+ $226 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Istanbul9 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$584$1,238-47%USD $654+ $226 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Istanbul9 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$584$1,238-47%USD $654+ $226 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Turkey. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Istanbul.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $120 to confirm this Travel Talk booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 May 2018 the full payment of $527 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $527 for Essential Turkey, but the deposit of $120 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Travel Talk will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Travel Talk tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Istanbul (Turkey)
- 205 km
- Gallipoli (Turkey)
- 68 km
- Troy (Turkey)
- 122 km
- Pergamum (Turkey)
- 140 km
- Kusadasi (Turkey)
- 14 km
- Ephesus (Turkey)
- 149 km
- Pamukkale (Turkey)
- 507 km
- Cappadocia (Turkey)
- 66 km
- Ihlara (Turkey)
- 550 km
- Istanbul (Turkey)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $527 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,447 tours in Europe
- covered by 190 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Essential Turkey via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 18 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Essential Turkey