- US $ 4,795
- Rather Poor
- MMMaryWritten on October 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentJust returned from Biking in Puglia. The trip was an experience of a lifetime. The guides, Irena, Eduardo and Glyn were amazing and always did their upmost to make the experience the perfect one for us. The bike routes brought us along the coast, thru olive tree groves and showed us a beautiful countryside that is a hidden treasure. The accommodations and places we dined at were amazing.. Thank you for such a wonderful experience!!Show detailed ratings
- MMarinaWritten on May 19, 20173.0 - AverageRecently came back from a family Puglia trip. Unfortunately, this trip did not live up to the B&R reviews and expectations. Big disappointment. We've taken adult only trips with B&R which were great. We've done the Loire Valley family trip - fantastic! Highly recommend it. However, If you have children and are thinking about Puglia with B&R, please reconsider. Apparently, this family trip has been put together recently and that is felt throughout. One of the guides, L, was exceptional, pulled the whole trip basically. Another guide was abrasive with children throughout the trip, held wholly inappropriate conversations around the kids, was impolite, rushed us in the morning, etc, etc, etc which made all of us traveling families wonder what he is doing there in the first place. For children's activities this guide was suppose to supervise, we simply did not feel comfortable leaving the kids with him. In the past during our B&R trips, the whole experience was exceptional, pre, during and post trip. If there ever was a hiccup, the Canadian home base team handled it swiftly and in a wonderful way. We loved B&R so much so that we would plan our vacations with B&R itineraries in mind, gushing about the trips to anyone who would listen. So, to bring our 11 year old and to have this experience was beyond disappointing. The way this was handled by "the middle management" this time was subpar. If you have children, our advice would be to consider another company. At least for the Italian B&R portfolio.Show detailed ratingsButterfield & Robinson commented on this reviewHi Marina, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, and for the kind words about B&R’s portfolios and your past recommendations to peers. We’re sorry to hear about your experience with one of our guides in Puglia, and understand the importance of suitable and appropriate behaviour from our guides, especially around children. B&R has established a set of standards and level of service for the traveller experience that we trust runs across all itineraries in all of our destinations. To hear traveller feedback suggesting otherwise is disappointing and we have used this opportunity to address and amend the performance of this guide. We hope you will accept our apology and think fondly of your previous experiences with B&R. We believe this was an anomaly and would love to see you back on the road with us in the future.
- JJackieWritten on November 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentAmazing trip cycling around Puglia from Brindisi to Bari. The two guides went out of their way to make sure every experience was exceptional. All our needs were anticipated and always looked after. Everyday we were delighted by the agenda. For busy people used to the responsibility of making the right decisions, we had no qualms about handing all the planning and decision making over to the tour company and so that we could just live for the moment knowing all the best decisions had already been made for us.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need to be an athlete to do a B&R trip?
Not at all! Our trips are not athletic contests. If you walk or bike to stay fit, or if you swim, play golf or do another aerobic activity, you shouldn’t have any trouble on our trips. We’re not distance walkers or pro cyclists out to challenge your limits. We bike and walk simply because we believe they’re the best ways to get a true sense of the region you’re visiting. Our trips span a whole range of activity levels; choose the level that fits you best and then set your own pace. And whatever level you choose, you always have options—add an extra few kilometers, take a shorter loop back, or just spend the day by the pool catching up with a good book. And wherever you are along the route, you can always catch a lift with the B&R support vehicle. If you get in a little exercise before you leave (we send some training suggestions before your trip!), you’ll have no trouble going the distance.
What kind of support can I expect along the way?
Behind the wheel of the B&R van, your guide provides support along the day’s route, offering refreshments, picking up your purchases (it’s not easy walking or biking with ceramics or several bottles of olive oil) and giving weary travellers a lift. You will see the van in action as it sweeps slowly back and forth along each day’s route and occasionally positions itself at pre-arranged checkpoints that you pass en route. The guide may also use the van for certain trip support duties, such as shopping for the perfect picnic. Where some trails aren’t accessible by vehicle, your guide(s) will pre-arrange rendezvous points each morning, allowing you to make your day as long or as short as you’d like. Plus your guide(s) are just a phone call away; we provide their cell numbers on the first day of trip.
Do I have to carry my own luggage or gear?
Nope. On a B&R trip, you never carry your own luggage. Everything you need during the day fits into your handlebar bag or a small daypack that you can bring on the walks. All other luggage is transported by local baggage handlers or the B&R van. Your luggage will be waiting in your hotel room when you arrive at the end of the day.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nancy17th May 2018
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- TuesdaySep 11, 2018from Otranto6 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Bari4 seats leftUSD $4,795Based on Double Room
- TuesdaySep 18, 2018from Otranto6 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to Bari0 seats leftUSD $4,995Based on Double Room
- TuesdayOct 2, 2018from Otranto6 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Bari0 seats leftUSD $4,795Based on Double Room
- SundayOct 14, 2018from Otranto6 DaysFridayOct 19, 2018to Bari0 seats leftUSD $4,495Based on Double Room
- SundayApr 28, 2019from Otranto6 DaysFridayMay 3, 2019to Bari4 seats leftUSD $4,995Based on Double Room
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Otranto6 DaysFridayMay 17, 2019to Bari4 seats leftUSD $5,295Based on Double Room
- TuesdayMay 21, 2019from Otranto6 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Bari4 seats leftUSD $5,395Based on Double Room
- SundayJun 9, 2019from Otranto6 DaysFridayJun 14, 2019to Bari4 seats leftUSD $5,395Based on Double Room
- SundaySep 1, 2019from Otranto6 DaysFridaySep 6, 2019to BariUSD $5,495Based on Double Room
- SundaySep 8, 2019from Otranto6 DaysFridaySep 13, 2019to Bari4 seats leftUSD $5,495Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Otranto is the starting point and Bari is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $1,000 to confirm this Butterfield & Robinson booking. The remaining balance is then payable 105 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 November 2018 the full payment of $4,795 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 105 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4795 for Puglia Biking, but the deposit of $1,000 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Butterfield & Robinson will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Butterfield & Robinson tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Otranto (Italy)
- 36 km
- Lecce (Italy)
- 66 km
- Ostuni (Italy)
- 21 km
- Locorotondo (Italy)
- 8 km
- Alberobello (Italy)
- 12 km
- Fasano (Italy)
- 52 km
- Bari (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,795 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,723 tours in Europe
- covered by 240 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 105 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Puglia Biking via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Puglia Biking