East Meets West
- Our saving
- US $ 1,619
- Enjoy the stunning architecture of Budapest
- Taste delicious traditional Czech Trdelník pastries in Prague
- Soak up the history of Berlin
- Explore the city of Amsterdam like a local on a bike tour
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- carorocksWritten on September 26, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Noddy was fantastic! She's an amazing, incredibly prepared and educated guide. I felt very comfortable in her hands.
- SsarahWritten on October 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
PIOTR WAS THE BEST TOUR LEADER I HAD ON MY EUROPEAN SUMMER TRIP! Piotr was so knowledgeable and passionate when we went to a new town or country and gave us all something to really appreciate other than getting drunk! He was incredibly funny and caring for... Read more
- HBHarrietWritten on October 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
"Good morning everybody" - the soothing sound of Piotr's voice through the bus microphone in the morning. I can't think of anyone more fun, knowledgeable and charasmatic. Piotr largely contributed to everyone having the best topdeck trip they could've and I... Read more
- MSMickWritten on December 16, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Johnny went above and beyond for his travellers. He forms genuine bonds with people and creates an environment that you can truely relax and enjoy a trip of a life in. Our driver BoBo was first class and genuinely great person, and awesome driver as well.... Read more
- EOEmilyWritten on December 10, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Anthony (Ant) was the best tour guide I girl could ask for. He always offered up great ideas for things to do and places to eat in every city. All the add-ons he organised were very fun and ran smoothly. He was always willing to have a good time with us. I... Read more
- BBelindaWritten on August 21, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Amazing trip, highly recommend! Went through some amazing places, inclusions were fantastic, recommendations were great and a very knowledgeable tour leader. Would definitely travel through topdeck again.
- JHJordanWritten on July 8, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My top deck tour was called east meets west. It was the best tour I have ever been on! Had such a great time and all the activities we did in each place were perfect and exactly what I was wanting to see and do. Our tour guide Anthony was AMAZING!! I could... Read more
- KellyWritten on September 18, 20154.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Piotr lisikiewicz is easily the best your guide I've ever had.
- RRebeccaWritten on September 18, 20155.0 - Excellent
Piotr was an amazing tour guide and made the experience so much better! He had awesome knowledge about all the places we went to and was heaps of fun!Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewThanks for the feedback. Topdeck :)
- BrendanWritten on August 20, 20155.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This trip was amazing, I had previously done a Grand European in 2014 and joined this tour after doing a Adriatic Sunsets, and although every trip was extremely enjoyable, Monika was the most knowledgeable leader I have come across, and although this trip... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Budapest, Hungary
- Day 2: Budapest
- Day 3: Budapest to Vienna, Austria via Bratislava, Slovakia
- Day 4: Vienna to Kraków, Poland
- Day 5: Kraków
- Day 6: Kraków to Prague, Czech Republic
- Day 7: Prague
- Day 8: Prague to Berlin, Germany
- Day 9: Berlin
- Day 10: Berlin to Copenhagen, Denmark
- Day 11: Copenhagen
- Day 12: Copenhagen to Hamburg, Germany
- Day 13: Hamburg to Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Day 14: Amsterdam
- Day 15: Amsterdam to London, England
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What sort of accommodation will I stay in during this trip?
You will stay in same sex multi share accommodation. A combination of modern hostels situated close to the action, cabins at European campsites and bungalows.
Where and when does the tour group meet?
Usually this trip starts in:
Wombats Budapest (BB) Pre/Post
Pick Up: Budapest - 6pm
What does the food fund cover?
Food fund for East Meets West covers all included group meals while you are on the trip. This tour includes all breakfasts and some fresh lunches lunches while travelling - which means you can save on expensive lunches from motorway service stations and enjoy higher quality food. Meals at local restaurants are also included giving you the opportunity to try local cuisines. The food fund needs to be paid upfront before the departure.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hi! I'm Elise and I've been working for Topdeck for a few years now. I'm absolutely addicted to Europe..."
- "Hey guys, I am Hugh, a trip leader/tour guide with Topdeck. If you have done a tour with me it would..."
- "Hey guys! My name is Piotr and I have been working as a tour manager (trip leader) since 2013. It is..."
- ""Not all those who wander are lost" From an early age I was always the "wanderer",..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Edith, 72 years old29th September 2018
East Meets West
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- MondayMay 20, 2019from Budapest15 DaysMondayJun 3, 2019to London0 seats left$90USD $1,799Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayJun 10, 2019from Budapest15 DaysMondayJun 24, 2019to LondonOnly 3 seats left$261$1,799-10%USD $1,619
- MondayJun 17, 2019from Budapest15 DaysMondayJul 1, 2019to LondonOnly 3 seats left$275$1,899-10%USD $1,709
- MondayJun 24, 2019from Budapest15 DaysMondayJul 8, 2019to London0 seats left$95USD $1,899Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayJul 1, 2019from Budapest15 DaysMondayJul 15, 2019to LondonOnly 1 seat left$275$1,899-10%USD $1,709
- MondayJul 8, 2019from Budapest15 DaysMondayJul 22, 2019to London5 seats left$275$1,899-10%USD $1,709
- MondayJul 15, 2019from Budapest15 DaysMondayJul 29, 2019to London4 seats left$275$1,899-10%USD $1,709
- ThursdayJul 18, 2019from Budapest15 DaysThursdayAug 1, 2019to London5 seats left$290$1,999-10%USD $1,799
- MondayJul 22, 2019from Budapest15 DaysMondayAug 5, 2019to London5 seats left$290$1,999-10%USD $1,799
- ThursdayJul 25, 2019from Budapest15 DaysThursdayAug 8, 2019to LondonOnly 3 seats left$290$1,999-10%USD $1,799
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroSlovakia , Austria , Germany , Netherlands and Belgium
- KorunaCzech Republic
- Pound sterlingEngland
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Slovakia, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Slovakia, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and London is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for East Meets West.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 4 January 2019 the full payment of $1,619 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1619 for East Meets West, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 161 km
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- 55 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 332 km
- Krakow (Poland)
- 53 km
- Auschwitz (Poland)
- 342 km
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 118 km
- Dresden (Germany)
- 165 km
- Berlin (Germany)
- 577 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 173 km
- Brugge (Belgium)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,619 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,444 tours in Europe
- covered by 271 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 20 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on East Meets West