East meets West
- Our saving
- US $ 1,631
- Enjoy the stunning architecture of Budapest
- Taste delicious traditional Czech Trdelník pastries in Prague
- Soak up the history of Berlin
- Explore the city of Amsterdam like a local on a bike tour
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- SsarahWritten on October 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentPIOTR WAS THE BEST TOUR LEADER I HAD ON MY EUROPEAN SUMMER TRIP! Piotr was so knowledgeable and passionate when we went to a new town or country and gave us all something to really appreciate other than getting drunk! He was incredibly funny and caring for each of us as individuals - a tour leader turned friend! Piotr deserves all the recognition a tour leader could receive.Show detailed ratings
- MSMickWritten on December 16, 20164.5 - ExcellentJohnny went above and beyond for his travellers. He forms genuine bonds with people and creates an environment that you can truely relax and enjoy a trip of a life in. Our driver BoBo was first class and genuinely great person, and awesome driver as well. These two were an amazing team. We count ourselves lucky to have joined the tour with Johnny and Bobo!Show detailed ratings
- EOEmilyWritten on December 10, 20165.0 - ExcellentAnthony (Ant) was the best tour guide I girl could ask for. He always offered up great ideas for things to do and places to eat in every city. All the add-ons he organised were very fun and ran smoothly. He was always willing to have a good time with us. I feel like I've gained a friend for life, thanks Ant! EmilyShow detailed ratings
- BBelindaWritten on August 21, 20164.5 - ExcellentAmazing trip, highly recommend! Went through some amazing places, inclusions were fantastic, recommendations were great and a very knowledgeable tour leader. Would definitely travel through topdeck again.Show detailed ratings
- JHJordanWritten on July 8, 20165.0 - ExcellentMy top deck tour was called east meets west. It was the best tour I have ever been on! Had such a great time and all the activities we did in each place were perfect and exactly what I was wanting to see and do. Our tour guide Anthony was AMAZING!! I could not of asked for a better tour guide and he really made my trip for me! I highly recommend top deck and hopefully you are as lucky as me to get Anthony as your tour guide!Show detailed ratings
- KellyWritten on September 18, 20154.5 - ExcellentPiotr lisikiewicz is easily the best your guide I've ever had.Show detailed ratings
- RRebeccaWritten on September 18, 20155.0 - ExcellentPiotr was an amazing tour guide and made the experience so much better! He had awesome knowledge about all the places we went to and was heaps of fun!Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewThanks for the feedback. Topdeck :)
- BrendanWritten on August 20, 20155.0 - ExcellentThis trip was amazing, I had previously done a Grand European in 2014 and joined this tour after doing a Adriatic Sunsets, and although every trip was extremely enjoyable, Monika was the most knowledgeable leader I have come across, and although this trip had much more difficulties arise than my other ones, Monika was amazing at dealing with issues that arose and was always able to make sure everyone was on time and having fun. It is true that without a tour leader that is well organized and able to encourage unity amongst the group, the trip wouldn't be as enjoyable. Monika was able to turn the bus into a family and helped friendships that I hope will remain to flourish.Show detailed ratings
- SDSheridanWritten on August 18, 20155.0 - ExcellentSuch an amazing tour! We got to see so much in a short space of time, and the experience was only made more amazing by our incredible tour guide Monika. She went above and beyond what her job requires of her... Organising extra activities for the group, booking dinners and having incredible knowledge of every place we visited. Thanks Topdeck and Monika.Show detailed ratings
- CourtneyWritten on June 5, 20154.5 - ExcellentYou know when you meet somebody new and you can't believe you didn't know them before? That's Elise. She is so warm and engaging, she makes you feel like a friend within a minute of meeting her. I usually hate guided tours at attractions...I find them boring and because of my background, usually already know a lot of the history. However, Elise makes the history come alive and you will be laughing so much, you can't be bored. Her storytelling skills are AMAZING! You will have heaps of good times with Elise!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Budapest, Hungary
- Day 2: Budapest
- Day 3: Budapest to Vienna, Austria via Bratislava, Slovakia
- Day 4: Vienna to Krakow, Poland
- Day 5: Krakow
- Day 6: Krakow to Prague, Czech Republic
- Day 7: Prague
- Day 8: Prague to Berlin, Germany
- Day 9: Berlin
- Day 10: Berlin to Copenhagen, Denmark
- Day 11: Copenhagen
- Day 12: Copenhagen to Hamburg, Germany
- Day 13: Hamburg to Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Day 14: Amsterdam
- Day 15: Amsterdam to London, England
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 19, 2016
What sort of accommodation will I stay in during this trip?
You will stay in same sex multi share accommodation. A combination of modern hostels situated close to the action, cabins at European campsites and bungalows.
- May 1, 2016
Where and when does the tour group meet?
Usually this trip starts in:
Wombats Budapest (BB) Pre/Post
Pick Up: Budapest - 6pm
- April 23, 2015
What does the food fund cover?
Food fund for East Meets West covers all included group meals while you are on the trip. This tour includes all breakfasts and some fresh lunches lunches while travelling - which means you can save on expensive lunches from motorway service stations and enjoy higher quality food. Meals at local restaurants are also included giving you the opportunity to try local cuisines. The food fund needs to be paid upfront before the departure.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hi! I'm Elise and I've been working for Topdeck for a few years now. I'm absolutely addicted to Europe..."
- "Hey guys, I am Hugh, a trip leader/tour guide with Topdeck. If you have done a tour with me it would..."
- "Hey guys! My name is Piotr and I have been working as a tour manager (trip leader) since 2013. It is..."
- ""Not all those who wander are lost" From an early age I was always the "wanderer",..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Maria Cynthia3rd April 2018
East meets West
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Budapest15 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to London0 seats left$65USD $1,554
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Budapest15 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to London0 seats left$65USD $1,554
- MondayJun 18, 2018from Budapest15 DaysMondayJul 2, 2018to London0 seats left$68USD $1,631
- MondayJun 25, 2018from Budapest15 DaysMondayJul 9, 2018to London0 seats left$68USD $1,631
- MondayJul 2, 2018from Budapest15 DaysMondayJul 16, 2018to London0 seats left$68USD $1,631
- MondayJul 9, 2018from Budapest15 DaysMondayJul 23, 2018to London0 seats left$68USD $1,631
- MondayJul 16, 2018from Budapest15 DaysMondayJul 30, 2018to London0 seats left$68USD $1,631
- ThursdayJul 19, 2018from Budapest15 DaysThursdayAug 2, 2018to London0 seats left$72USD $1,727
- MondayJul 23, 2018from Budapest15 DaysMondayAug 6, 2018to London0 seats left$72USD $1,727
- MondayJul 30, 2018from Budapest15 DaysMondayAug 13, 2018to London0 seats left$72USD $1,727
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroSlovakia , Austria , Germany , Netherlands and Belgium
- KorunaCzech Republic
- Pound sterlingEngland
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Slovakia, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Slovakia, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and London is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for East meets West.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 7 July 2018 the full payment of $1,631 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1631 for East meets West, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 161 km
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- 55 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 332 km
- Krakow (Poland)
- 53 km
- Auschwitz (Poland)
- 342 km
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 118 km
- Dresden (Germany)
- 165 km
- Berlin (Germany)
- 577 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 173 km
- Brugge (Belgium)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,631 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,925 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 18 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on East meets West