- Our saving
- US $ 708
- +39 Destinations
- Northern Scotland
- Be awestruck by the blue waters of the Isle of Harris
- Fall in love with the isolated Outer Hebrides
- Marvel at the Neolithic sites of Orkney
- Feel wild and free on the rugged North Coast
- Hike, bike or canoe luscious Loch Ness.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1: EDINBURGH TO STORNOWAY
- DAY 2: LEWIS & HARRIS
- DAY 3: LEWIS & HARRIS TO THE ISLE OF SKYE
- DAY 4: ISLE OF SKYE TO LOCH NESS
- DAY 5: LOCH NESS TO ORKNEY
- DAY 6: ORKNEY
- DAY 7: ORKNEY TO LOCH NESS
- DAY 8: FREE DAY AT LOCH NESS
- DAY 9: LOCH NESS TO OBAN
- DAY 10: OBAN TO EDINBURGH
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- AAnaWritten on August 17, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fiona and Yvonne were very nice,helpfull,funny.Very good at telling stories,interesting and great tour guides.We had a time of our lives.Thanks to them and thanks to Hagis Adventures.Thank you,guys!!Greeting from Croatia.:)
- JJenniferLutzWritten on August 16, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Had Fiona and Yvonne on the 10 Day Compass Buster. Had a great time! Both of them were very knowledgeable, personable, and funny! Everything haggis related was awesome. Our least favorite was some of the hostel accommodations, but when you’re going to small... Read more
- MMelissaWhitechurchWritten on August 16, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Yvonne is absolutely brilliant, very passionate and informative. Had an awesome time
- FFranziskaKronschnablWritten on August 10, 20194.0 - Good
It was a smashing tour with Michael. He is a great tour guide, with so many good stories about Scotland!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for your review! It is lovely to hear you had a great time with Michael and enjoyed your time touring with him. I am sure he will appreciate your feedback. Hopefully we see you back in Scotland soon. Kind Regards, Emma
- AlexWritten on August 10, 20195.0 - Excellent
Michael was a fantastic guide and I can honestly say that the trip would have not been the same without him. His kind and friendly nature made it so much easier on the trip. He told many funny stories that made the experience so much better.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for your review! It is lovely to hear you had a great time with Michael and enjoyed your time touring with him. I am sure he will appreciate your feedback. Hopefully we see you back in Scotland soon. Kind Regards, Emma
- LaurenceWritten on August 10, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The itinerary and guides are brilliant but some of the hostels were sub standard. The one at Stornaway was particularly overcrowded. It is a great way of seeing a lot of Scotland from a cultural and historical viewpoint.Review collected by Haggis Adventures
- KaityWritten on August 9, 20194.5 - Excellent
I would recommend the compass buster tour to people who are adventurous, outgoing and looking to explore many parts of Scotland for the following reasons. The tour guides were great, the accommodations were very well thought out, and the sites we saw really... Read moreShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for your review. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your tour with Fiona and Steve and that you felt it was well organised, fun and informative. It is also good to know you felt there were enough pit stops throughout the journey. We hope to see you back in Scotland soon. Cheers, EmmaReview collected by Haggis Adventures
- LLindsayMeehanWritten on August 9, 20194.0 - Good
I heard about Haggis Adventures three years ago from someone I met while traveling and kept it in the back of my mind until my best friend and I finally booked the tour together. We had the absolute time of our lives! We made so many good friends within... Read moreShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for your review! It is wonderful to know you heard about us through a friend and booked your tour as a result of her recommendation. It is great you didn't struggle with motion sickness and that you found many vegetarian options during your time in Scotland. We will take on board your feedback regarding Loch Ness/Oban. Cheers, Emma
- GinaWritten on August 9, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Mixed feelings on this tour. As a single female Traveller I overall had a great time for the most part. I did enjoyed myself and I would recommend to a friend if they wanted to see a LOT of Scotland in a short space of time, however I would suggest they go... Read more
- lisashlanskyWritten on August 7, 20194.5 - Excellent
Wonderful way of seeing the highlights of Scotland’s! Very personable tour guide, Micheal, who made the experience even more amazing! He was full of knowledge and stories about Scottish lore and history. A truly memorable experience!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for your review! It is brilliant to hear you had a great time with Michael on the Compass Buster tour and that you loved learning about our history. We hope to see you back again soon! Cheers, EmmaReview collected by Haggis Adventures
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is accommodation included in the tour price?
Accommodation is not included in your tour price to give you maximum flexibility on where you would like to stay. However, for your convenience, a dorm bed is reserved for you in the best hostels available. At the time of booking, you can choose to either: 'Pay-as-you-go' and pay approximately £25 (per person per night) on arrival to the hostel or choose the 'pre-pay bundle' to pay for this in advance. Your bed is booked in a dorm which has typically 4-8 beds and a shared bathroom.
What should I budget for an average day?
If you choose to pay-as-you-go, ideally you should budget £40-£50 per day including your hostel dorm accommodation and meals. There are always the fabulous Scottish pubs to tempt you in for a pint or two after a day on the road! A pint of beer costs around £4.00, a wee dram of malt whisky in Scotland would be about £4.
How much time do we spend off the bus each day?
As much time as possible! The aim is to get you out and about to fully experience the country you’re in. You'll embark on walks, explore castles, recount local myths and legends and tell you about Scotland’s often turbulent history.
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- Haggis Intro
- HAGGiS Adventures - See Our Scotland
Guides who have led this tour
- "I’m a passionate Scot who absolutely loves their country. I love travelling and meeting new people..."
- "In Scotland, no two days are the same and the landscapes I see every day always amaze me and keep me..."
- "I'm a driver and guide who is passionate about the beautiful country I live in, and my core aim is to..."
- "I love to show people from all over the world how amazing my homeland is. There is nothing quite like..."
- "I have been working for Haggis Adventures and Highland Explorer for two years now, and it has honestly..."
- "Hello! I have been a guide for HAGGiS Adventures for almost 3 years now and I adore absolutely every..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- David17th July 2019
- WednesdayAug 28, 2019from Edinburgh10 DaysFridaySep 6, 2019to Edinburgh10+ seats left$26USD $833
- WednesdaySep 4, 2019from Edinburgh10 DaysFridaySep 13, 2019to Edinburgh10+ seats left$151$859-18%USD $708
- WednesdaySep 11, 2019from Edinburgh10 DaysFridaySep 20, 2019to Edinburgh10+ seats left$151$859-18%USD $708
- WednesdaySep 18, 2019from Edinburgh10 DaysFridaySep 27, 2019to Edinburgh8 seats left$151$859-18%USD $708
- WednesdaySep 25, 2019from Edinburgh10 DaysFridayOct 4, 2019to Edinburgh10+ seats left$151$859-18%USD $708
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Haggis Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 11 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 11 October 2019, a minimum payment of $170 is required to confirm your booking with Haggis Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 50 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Haggis Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the Haggis Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Haggis Adventures tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 71 km
- Aviemore (Scotland)
- 35 km
- Clava Cairns (Scotland)
- 4 km
- Culloden (Scotland)
- 5 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 57 km
- Corrieshalloch Gorge (Scotland)
- 18 km
- Ullapool (Scotland)
- 80 km
- Stornoway (Scotland)
- 25 km
- Dun Carloway Broch (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $708 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,033 tours in Europe
- covered by 571 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 110 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Compass Buster