Southerner From New York
- Our saving
- US $ 2,391
- New York City
- Los Angeles
- Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville
- Visit Memphis, known for Blues and Jazz
- Dive into New Orleans' nightlife
- Explore Grand Canyon and Big Bend National Park
- Age range
- 18 to 38 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Camping, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
2 ReviewsWrite a review
- AAnonymousWritten on November 30, 20125.0 - ExcellentThis was my first trek but I so hope it wont be my last!!! The destinations were amazing, some long driving days but NEVER a dull moment :-) So many things to do but never any pressure, the guide insisted that WE ran the trek and decided what to do (ranging from the optional activities to changing stopover venues to suit our desires. Most of all were the people. I went on my own but so did 90 per cent of the group, we left a firm friends and some of us have met up since for more adventures! The trek would not have been a sucess without the guide. He was awesome. Simples.
- AAnonymousWritten on November 30, 20124.0 - GoodThe destinations on this 5000 mile trek are amazing and there are so many different experiences to be had; from partying in New Orleans, doing a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon or riding around Las Vegas in a limo. Some other favourite experiences included Betty & Rusty's cowboy camp in Arizona (the horseriding is a brilliant optional extra) and Monument Valley in Utah - sleeping in a Navajo hogan is the warmest night's camping you'll get if you do this trek in the middle of winter! There are a lot of optional extras on this trip so if you are planning to book it make sure you budget plenty for this - they're expensive but most of them are worth it! You also need to budget for things like tipping guides...and don't be afraid to ask to tip individually or to ask for individual bills in restaurants rather than splitting the bill between the group, all the places we visited were happy to do this! The only downside is the day in the Appalachian Mountains that's stated in the itinerary. This may have been down to our tour leader, but we seemed to skip this altogether, or merely drove through without any real experience of the mountains. Our tour guide was definitely a 'unique' character, and made a few stop-offs on the trip to see friends which, while interesting for us to meet these people, it didn't really seem necessary as you meet plenty of characters along the trip anyway. He also insisted on singing rather loudly with his music on the minibus, so if you want to sleep on the bus I suggest bringing a decent pair of headphones just in case! But don't be put off if you don't see eye-to-eye with your trek leader - I didn't and I still had an awesome trip. The places you visit and the things you do as you trek from New York to LA make it an amazing and unforgettable experience!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Days 1-2: New York Area, Philadelphia, Washington, DC
- Day 3: Virginia
- Day 4: Nashville
- Day 5: Memphis
- Days 6-7: New Orleans
- Day 8: Sam Houston Jones State Park
- Day 9: San Antonio
- Days 10-11: Big Bend National Park
- Day 12: El Paso
- Day 13: Tombstone
- Day 14: Betty & Rusty's Cowboy Camp
- Day 15: Monument Valley
- Days 16-17: Grand Canyon National Park
- Days 18-19: Route 66, Las Vegas
- Day 20: Death Valley National Park
- Day 21: Death Valley National Park, Los Angeles
- Optional Extras
- Q&A: Trek America Oct 2014
- Trek America: Adventures in North, Central and South America
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
What vehicle is used for this tour and does it have wifi?
The vehicle used is a mini van (15 seats) with free wifi. Only 5 people at a time can use the wifi though. The maximum group size is 13 people.
- December 10, 2014
Is there a tour for travellers over 55 years old that is not too expensive but doing the coast to coast in the US?
Grand American Adventures tour have an open age range.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Luz, 66 years old16th April 2017
Southerner From New York
- SundayOct 22, 2017from New York CitySaturdayNov 11, 2017in Los AngelesOur saving$878Price$3,269-27%USD $2,391+ $150 Kitty5 spaces left
- SundayNov 19, 2017from New York CitySaturdayDec 9, 2017in Los AngelesOur saving$718Price$3,269-22%USD $2,551+ $150 Kitty4 spaces left
- SundayDec 3, 2017from New York CitySaturdayDec 23, 2017in Los AngelesOur saving$82PriceUSD $3,187+ $150 Kitty0 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- New York City is the starting point and Los Angeles is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trek America to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Trek America booking. The remaining balance is then payable 56 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 12 December 2017 the full payment of $2,391 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2391 for Southerner From New York, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trek America tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- New York City (USA)
- 130 km
- Philadelphia (USA)
- 199 km
- Washington DC (USA)
- 162 km
- Appalachian Mountains (USA)
- 865 km
- Nashville (USA)
- 316 km
- Memphis (USA)
- 579 km
- New Orleans (USA)
- 190 km
- Lafayette (USA)
- 631 km
- San Antonio (USA)
- 458 km
- Big Bend National Park (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,391 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,261 tours in North America
- covered by 46 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date.
- 2,790 travellers have already met
before they left for their North America tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 1,357 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North America tours