Beyond the Horizon Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 01:56:46
- Our saving
- US $ 1,516
+ $80 Kitty
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start and end in Los Angeles! With the discovery tour Wild West, you have a 10 day tour package taking you through Los Angeles, USA and 5 other destinations in USA. Wild West is a small group tour that includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, transport and more.
- Age range
- 18 to 38 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Camping, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
5 ReviewsWrite a review
- AAnonymousWritten on July 10, 20135.0 - ExcellentAbsolutely loved every second! a great bunch of people and a brillient tour leader (Clayton). this was my first taste of the states, and it didnt disapoint. ive since done another trek. An excelent trip.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 3, 20135.0 - ExcellentIf you are thinking of booking this trip.... All I have to say is 'DO IT, DO IT NOW' Meeting everyone on the 1st morning was the most nerve wrecking thing I have ever done (flying alone was easy) However, as soon as the trek leader & the rest of the group introduced themselves, they vanished. This was going to be one life changing adventure with what seemed some very nice people... The weather was quite temperamental in San Diego but that didn't stop us... We bought ourselves an American football and Frisbee and hit Mission Beach for some fun. A few of the guys braved the water for a dip, brrrrrrr!! We split up the second day with some opting for Sea World and others Balboa Park for the museums and a trip in to the Gas lamp area.. The next day was mainly a driving day, but we got to stop at this amazing sight called Salvation Mountain. It has to be seen to be believed. When we arrived at our campsite it was dark. However I have to say, trying to put up tents and listening to everybody trying to find pegs and hammers in the dark was very funny indeed. That night we used our beer drinking skills as a warm up to one of the group’s birthday... Waking up the next morning was something out of a movie. Our campsite was on the Colorado River and the view was out of this world. Happy Birthday Camp mate ;) Next stop, Cowboy Camp... Betty & Rusty's was fantastic! We all mounted are trusty steeds and set off. We rode through part of the desert and the view was amazing. Although, Pumpkin (my gorgeous horse) liked to take me through the cactus and trees, im hoping the mark on my arm stays as a permanent reminder of the fun we had. That night we had a beautiful dinner of steak and potatoes followed nicely with freshly made birthday cake (happy birthday camp mate1) and a camp fire story session that will stay in memory for a lifetime =) All that was left was for us to sleep under the stars, no tents needed!! After a group photo with the famous Betty & Rusty it was off to the Grand Canyon... The only thing I can say about this is WOW... This has to be seen to be believed. There are no words that can describe the experience of the blind folded walk and big reveal =) After the excitement of the grand canyon sunset (where we had some champagne ;) ), it was off for pizza, beer and bowling to celebrate another birthday (happy birthday camp mate2) We didn't have a late one as the next day we were off early. Some of the group headed straight for the canyon. Myself and 3 others headed off for our helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon, what an experience that was. It did cost $250 but was worth every penny. We then went down in to the canyon, 1.2miles. Great going in, hard work getting out =) Next it was off to VEGAS BABY! We had a little stop along route 66 on the way. Collected some souvenirs and then it was time to party!! We stopped along the way and picked ourselves some Halloween costumes for a little fancy dress partying that night! Party bus was boarded and it was off to Fremont Street, Vegas sign and fountains at the Bellagio. We finished the night is Pure @ Caesars Palace. That was an experience of sorts =) The next day was ours to take in Vegas how we wanted. Some took in the sights from the roller coaster at New York New York while others walked for miles up and down the strip… Whatever you do in Vegas, enjoy every bit of it. It’s a fantastic place to visit and anything goes ;) Next and final stop for us was Death Valley. Hottest place recorded. And man was it hot, even at that time of the year. As this was our last stop and with it being Halloween, pumpkins were gathered from Wal-Mart along with other goodies and we had ourselves a little Halloween party. The above review is nothing compared to what I experienced on this trek. From 1st’s of flying alone, meeting strangers and even pumpkin carving. To the things I have seen and may never see again. The sing a longs to Tenacious D in our little van and the 4x4 challenges at In N Out Burger. This is one adventure I will never, ever forget. What started out as some very nice people, which turned in to some great new friends.
- AAnonymousWritten on December 15, 20125.0 - ExcellentHad a good flight over with Virgin Atlantic, and they were almost the best priced airline! Spent the first night in los angeles and got to know a few of the people on my trip which was a crazy learning experience. the next morning we started early, met our tour host and the other Trekkers. we bonded a good strong group from the outset, think it was because we were all traveling alone, which i think is also what made the trip amazing. we spent the first day at san diego, wasn't particularly warm but we had some fun at the beach and spent some time buying souvenirs and taking pics. we did a group show which was fun, and we were given chores for cooking arrangements which was also a good bit of fun :) we spent the second day in san diego and i chose to take the museum trip to the science and space museum. on day 3 we visited salvation mountain which was pretty cool and not on the trek tour itinerary ;) this day was also a good 8 hour drive and we stocked up well on the regular gas stations :) Trail mix is a must and the sweet selection is just crazy lol think i need some fillings after that trip! day for we were at the grand canyon, this is what i came for and man it just blew me away, i couldnt think it just had me in a trance!!! we spent the night in a hotel and the next morning we trekked down to skeleton point and back up....i though it would be easy... far from it lol the way down was fun the way back up was a killer!! lol after the canyon we spent a day of driving to the cowboy camp... that night when we arrived we went on a horseback ride in the mountains and it was just a surreal experience just like a western in the movies :) felt like a real cowboy! that night we had a campfire dinner and spent the night as a group playing drinking games... then sleeping on the ground looking up at the stars :) it was crazy, i woke up at 4am and it was pitch black but the stars were so bright you diddnt need a torch and the light was dark blue an amazing experience in itself! the next day we travelled for a good 8 hours to Vegas singing songs on the bus, playing games, sleeping eating ect lol Vegas.... what can i say ... if you havent been then you MUST go!! it was amazing! everything was zoo big! casinos were huge night clubs had lifts between floors lol crazy stuff!! the first night in vegas it just happened to be Halloween! so we all did fancy dress and had a party i only wish i could remember fully lol it was like Hangover the movie! :) we partied at cesars palace, it was huge with a casino on the ground floor we were jumping around to dubstep on the roof top and grinding to hiphop in the basement...super club!! fully recommend... i know alot of trekkers on the forums mentioned being worried about drinking and didn't want to experience peer pressure but i can honestly tell you there was no peer pressure and nobody looked at anyone funny for not necking a beer we all jeled perfectly! the second day in vegas was a free day so we spent it exploring the wonderful city! i cant really recommend any places, you just have to walk around and walk into places i must have only experienced a fraction of vegas and what i saw of this place makes me want to visit in the future!! after vegas we visited Death valley for the night, and camped out in the wilderness :) we spent some time travelling the park with the Ranger because he and our guide were good friends!! so we got to go off the beaten track to an underground salt lake which was just a crazy experience too :) the next day was our last and we drove for a good day to LA back to where it all began :( for the last night we all went out with our tour leader for the night to a mexican and then for some late night drinks and it was special :) one thing i would say, if you go on this trip in late october then make sure you have a very good sleeping bag which can withstand cold temperatures because some nights were -8 and i froze my butt off!! :( all in all it was what i would consider a life changing trip as i discovered a few things about myself and came back from the trip a confident person. Thanks Trekamerica!! will be booking up for 2013 soon ;) thanks for reading Andrew
- AAnonymousWritten on December 4, 20125.0 - ExcellentIt was perfect trip because we had a good guide, good group and places ( Vegas, Grand Canyon, Cowboy's camp, San Diego, LA and Hollywood) . I remember my first night at Vegas it was amazing with tour in limousine bus, Eiffel Tower ....
- AAnonymousWritten on December 1, 20125.0 - ExcellentGreat leader,great group,great places,absolutely amazing!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Los Angeles, Death Valley National Park
- Days 2-3: Las Vegas
- Days 4-5: Route 66, Grand Canyon National Park
- Day 6: Montezuma Castle National Monument, Betty & Rusty's Cowboy Camp
- Day 7: Sonoran Desert
- Days 8-9: San Diego
- Day 10: San Diego, Los Angeles
- Optional Extras
- Q&A: Trek America Oct 2014
- Trek America: Adventures in North, Central and South America
- A Day in the Life of a Trekker
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jefferey24th January 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Los Angeles10 DaysTuesdayOct 30, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$63USD $1,516+ $80 Kitty
- MondayNov 5, 2018from Los Angeles10 DaysWednesdayNov 14, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$63USD $1,516+ $80 Kitty
- MondayDec 3, 2018from Los Angeles10 DaysWednesdayDec 12, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$63USD $1,516+ $80 Kitty
- FridayJan 25, 2019from Los Angeles10 DaysSundayFeb 3, 2019to Los Angeles5 seats left$63USD $1,516+ $80 Kitty
- MondayFeb 11, 2019from Los Angeles10 DaysWednesdayFeb 20, 2019to Los Angeles5 seats left$63USD $1,516+ $80 Kitty
- MondayMar 11, 2019from Los Angeles10 DaysWednesdayMar 20, 2019to Los Angeles5 seats left$63USD $1,516+ $80 Kitty
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Los Angeles.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trek America to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Trek America booking. The remaining balance is then payable 56 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 June 2018 the full payment of $1,516 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1516 for Wild West, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trek America tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,733 km.
- Los Angeles (USA)
- 180 km
- San Diego (USA)
- 447 km
- Sonoran Desert (USA)
- 351 km
- Grand Canyon (USA)
- 285 km
- Las Vegas (USA)
- 176 km
- Death Valley NP (USA)
- 293 km
- Los Angeles (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,516 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,408 tours in North America
- covered by 57 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date.
- 1,612 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North America tours