Best Of The East
The Great Escape Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 27 Feb 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,708
+ $140 Kitty
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Explore the stunning American east coast
- Trek through the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Discover the magnificent Niagara Falls
- Delight your senses in windy Chicago
- Age range
- 18 to 38 year olds
- Hostel, Camping, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
13 ReviewsWrite a review
- AAnonymousWritten on April 23, 20135.0 - ExcellentI would recommend this trek to anyone thinking about exploring America. Although you do not get to spend a lot of time in each place (but what can you expect from covering so many places in only 14 days), every place has something different to offer and as each day goes by, more and more memories are made. Personally, I do not like travelling as I suffer with travel sickness, but along with dosing up with travel sickness tablets, the excitement to be moving on to more amazing places kept this under control. Whether it was chilling by the pool in the Great Smokey Mountains, hiking through nation parks, cycling through Chicago, sailing through Niagara Falls, Horse Riding in Tennessee or even shopping in Walmart these were the best days I have ever spent! Even while I was getting eaten alive by the bugs and had my first ever nose bleed from being so high up I was having the time of my life!
- AAnonymousWritten on February 25, 20135.0 - ExcellentIf anyone is reading this and thinking of booking the Best Of The East - Do it!! Its is such a great tour covering plenty of cities, states & national parks. Like Trek America says on the website, "no tour is the same" we visited Indianapolis, Indiana to watch a baseball game which was cool, a few nights later we got to walk through to the Canadian border for a few pints in the Hard Rock Cafe ;) With a great view of the iluminated Niagara Falls of course. Almost forgot the tour of the Jim Beam Distillery in Clermont, Kentucky. None of these mini "adventures" were scheduled on the itinerary which was a nice suprise when we found out. I enjoyed this so much I have booked another tour on the Pacific Coast later this year!! Happy Trekking!
- AAnonymousWritten on January 14, 20135.0 - ExcellentI was attracted to this trek because of its balance between countryside and city. Hitting some of the biggest cities in the northeast - Chicago, Washington, Nashville, New York - was interspersed with true camping experiences in some very memorable places, such as the Great Smoky Mountains, Shenandoah National Park and Lake Ontario. The people I met on this trek, I am still in contact with to this day. The photos and videos we collected only help to reinforce the wonderful memories we created together. The tour guide for our trek was very knowledgeable, and had a great sense of fun and adventure that rippled throughout the whole group. With many of us residing in the UK, we have had the opportunity to meet up at home and reminisce our adventure. This trek rounded off my first ever visit to the USA, and did it with style. This is the perfect trek for those that would like a balance between culture and countryside, between mountains and plains, between skyscrapers and wildlife. Leave your inhibitions at home, and bring your instinct for adventure, because this trek with truly take your breath away. And you'll make lifelong friends and memories in the process.
- AAnonymousWritten on December 6, 20125.0 - ExcellentSaw the fact you could review treks on here, and I just wanted to say how amazing my experience was. I booked on this trek as an individual however I discovered that people I met out in the states were also on this trek so that meant I had the re-assurance of knowing people on my trek, however I made friends very quickly with the rest of my group. The locations we visited were amazing and I'd have to say the best stop on the tour was Nashville, such an amazing unique city and you really do have to experience it for yourself to understand. The camping tutorials on the first day were very straightforward and a few days in we were all able to assemble/disassemble our tents with ease. I think what makes trek so special is the staff it employs, in our case, Michael Uttley our guide was fantastic, was essentially one of us during our trek, only downside for him was that he did all the driving, that said he always maintained a professional approach during our time with him, but he is one of the main reasons I will be doing a trek AGAIN next summer and if I had a preference I would personally request him because he was fantastic. Two weeks was more than enough for this trek though I wouldn't of minded more time in Nashville as opposed to a couple of the other stops. Overall 10/10
- AAnonymousWritten on December 5, 20124.0 - GoodThis trek was amazing. Yes; there was a lot of driving, but in order to see so many places you need to travel very much :) I'm happy I went. We were lucky with the weather - only one day of rain, and our tour guide was amazing :) a little crowded in the van, but it went ok. Can't wait for my next trip with Trek America (don't know which one yet though) :)
- AAnonymousWritten on December 5, 20125.0 - ExcellentI was apprehensive about booking a camping group holiday....not exactly being the outdoor type. This quickly turned into the best holiday ever..even if it did rain a few days. Met some great people, some great new experiences that you couldn't get anywhere else. Would easily recommend this trip to anyone. So if you are thinking of doing it...the DO IT!!!!
- AAnonymousWritten on December 3, 20125.0 - ExcellentSuch a great way to see so many amazing places in two weeks. The highlight has to be the bars in Nashville and bike trip in Chicago and then meeting back up in New York afterwards. The best way to see the real America, particularly in the national parks, rather than just the tourist spots. Definitely do the whitewater rafting - amazing! Surprisingly I loved the campsites as well! It makes you feel like your really part of America rather than in just a touristy hotel. Everyone was so friendly and our tour leader was awesome.
- AAnonymousWritten on December 3, 20125.0 - ExcellentSo much fun, camping out with great friends , doing the best activities and an AWESOME guide BIG T !!!
- AAnonymousWritten on December 3, 20125.0 - ExcellentI had so much fun on the trek with my other trekers and our trek guide. We saw so many things in a short time. It´s absolutly a great way to discover with others some of real america. Our tourgide showed us so many different things and introduced us in theire culture as best as she could and she made a absolutly great job. I can everybody only recomend to make this tour or another with trek america.
- AAnonymousWritten on December 1, 20124.0 - GoodIt was a very good trip with a treak leader ansome fantastic. We saw a lot of beautiful places.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Days 1-2: New York Area, Washington, DC
- Day 3: West Virginia
- Days 4-5: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Days 6-7: Nashville
- Day 8: Mammoth Cave National Park
- Days 9-10: Chicago
- Day 11: Lake Erie
- Day 12: Niagara Falls
- Day 13: Niagara Falls, New York Area
- Optional Extras
- Q&A: Trek America Oct 2014
- Trek America: Best of the East
- Trek America: Adventures in North, Central and South America
- A Day in the Life of a Trekker
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Shelby29th January 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Best Of The East
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayMay 20, 2018from New York City13 DaysFridayJun 1, 2018to New York City5 seats left$71USD $1,708+ $140 Kitty
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from New York City13 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to New York City0 seats left$71USD $1,708+ $140 Kitty
- SundayJun 17, 2018from New York City13 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to New York City0 seats left$74USD $1,765+ $140 Kitty
- SundayJul 1, 2018from New York City13 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to New York City5 seats left$74USD $1,765+ $140 Kitty
- SundayJul 29, 2018from New York City13 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to New York City5 seats left$74USD $1,765+ $140 Kitty
- SundayAug 5, 2018from New York City13 DaysFridayAug 17, 2018to New York City0 seats left$74USD $1,765+ $140 Kitty
- ThursdayAug 9, 2018from New York City13 DaysTuesdayAug 21, 2018to New York City0 seats left$74USD $1,765+ $140 Kitty
- SundayAug 12, 2018from New York City13 DaysFridayAug 24, 2018to New York City5 seats left$74USD $1,765+ $140 Kitty
- ThursdayAug 16, 2018from New York City13 DaysTuesdayAug 28, 2018to New York City0 seats left$74USD $1,765+ $140 Kitty
- SundayAug 19, 2018from New York City13 DaysFridayAug 31, 2018to New York City5 seats left$74USD $1,765+ $140 Kitty
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in New York City.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trek America to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Trek America booking. The remaining balance is then payable 56 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 April 2018 the full payment of $1,708 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1708 for Best Of The East, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trek America tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 3,169 km.
- New York City (USA)
- 130 km
- Philadelphia (USA)
- 199 km
- Washington DC (USA)
- 159 km
- Shenandoah National Park (USA)
- 526 km
- Great Smoky Mnts (USA)
- 298 km
- Nashville (USA)
- 639 km
- Chicago (USA)
- 713 km
- Niagara Falls (USA)
- 196 km
- Finger Lakes (USA)
- 310 km
- New York City (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,708 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,312 tours in North America
- covered by 52 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date.
- 1,535 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North America tours