- Our saving
- US $ 998
- New York City
- +5 Destinations
- Eastern USA
- New York City
- Explore the New York City streets
- Experience the Amish culture in Pennsylvania
- Visit Niagara Falls
- Uncover the rich history of Boston
12 ReviewsWrite a review
- AAnonymousWritten on August 20, 20135.0 - ExcellentWhat a way I see a country! Met some of the most amazing people and obtained memories I will cherish forever! :-D
- AAnonymousWritten on August 15, 20135.0 - ExcellentI only have to say: that was my best Holiday ever!! When i have money again, i would do it again, a trekamerica Tour!! Thank you trek America for this experiences!!
- AAnonymousWritten on August 11, 20135.0 - ExcellentWOW!!! It was brilliant. There was lots to do wish it was longer. The driving wasnt so bad theres a lot of ground to cover in a short amount of time, but the stops, music and laughs along the way break up the drive times. The campsites were good and the hostel in Boston we stayed in was really nice. Our tour leader Kristen was brilliant she knew her stuff. You get the chance to have free time as well to go off and do your own thing and get to explore the area you are in.
- AAnonymousWritten on August 6, 20135.0 - ExcellentWashington DC Bear Country Niagara Falls Boston New York
- AAnonymousWritten on June 9, 20135.0 - ExcellentThis is a fast paced trek and you cover large distances in a short period. Some days the driving was 4 hours, others 7hours... but if you have a problem with a road trip then this isn't for you! The attractions and cities were great - with Niagara Falls (Maid of the Mist), Boston and DC being the key highlights. The other stops such as Gettysburg and Berkshires seemed somewhat ancillary to the main parts of the trek (although necessary due to driving times and the travel route). We had a great leader who used the travel time wisely and took advantage of being able to do small detours to see additional attractions (Philadelphia, a random baseball game, Jello museum etc) that weren't listed on the formal itinerary but were great things to do along the way that broke up the travel time. Be prepared to set up and set down your campsite almost every single night as from my experience, there was only one occasion where we stayed two consecutive nights at the same site.
- AAnonymousWritten on December 9, 20125.0 - ExcellentWhat a great experience! I wanted to see Niagara DC and Boston and I got my wish! Campsite in Washington was good, did have a pool and hot tub but was raining when we were there, didn't dampen the mood though, it was a great laugh! Lots of time on day two to walk around DC, went to the White House and capital building and lots of the smithsonian museums, air and space was a personal favourite! Off to Niagara, what a place! You can do your own research on the actual falls but the campsite was amazing in buffalo, down by a lake, we went swimming at sunset, the water was so warm, the view was amazing. Defo a highlight, it was like something you see in the movies! We went to Canada too, people on J-1 visas need passport and paperwork to get in so be careful! I was on a h2B and just needed my passport. Boston bound and another great campsite along the way, water slightly cooler but more amazing views and what I would consider a bit rougher camping but still comfy, ur so tired from doing so much that any ground is a more than adequate bed! In Boston, hostel was amazing, I've stayed in hostels in San Diego Dallas Hawaii New York, but this one has been recently refurbished and it shows! Like a luxury hotel!! Our trek leader was Bree and she was class! Such a laugh and always asked what we wanted to do, joined in with the banter and nights out and drinking and games and everything. Couldn't praise her more really! If your in two minds about doing this, DO IT!
- AAnonymousWritten on December 6, 20121.0 - BadHaving returned from a trek (Westener 2 in the previous Oct) I was excited to sign up to another one and head away again! Unfortunately this trip was a TOTAL let down. The destinations were as I'd expected however (loved Niagara, Washington quite history/politically focused, and Boston was nice had we had any time to really see it). The stops on route were nothing more than stop-overs, getting there too late in the day to even explore camp site and surroundings (on was a NP so that could have been nice). Some of this might have been down to a poor tour leader (disorganised, seemingly uninterested, frequently got lost etc). If we actually got set off on time and didnt have to take hours worth of de-tours due to getting lost there might have been more 'holiday' time! Who knows. I appreciate with a large itinerery it was always going to be a rush but this was a bit of a joke and had it not have been my holiday might have been funny!
- AAnonymousWritten on December 6, 20125.0 - ExcellentA great week, exactly as advertised. It was a great chance to meet up and travel with a group of like minded people; and cover a lot of ground in a short period of time. Each of the campsites was great, as were the locations visited! It is true there is a lot of driving involved, but there is no way around it if you want to visit DC, Niagara and Boston all in one week, and staying in some stunning locations (Allegany State Park, Otis Resevoir (in the Berkshires) and a campsite right on the edge of Lake Ontario) on the in between nights made up for the long drives :) We also always had time to make the most of each site, and enjoyed peddle boating, swimming and hiking. I felt it complimented my other travels perfectly (I spent a significant amount of time in New York, and also travelled to Florida - all post Summer Camp), and will definitely be returning for another trek in the future!
- AAnonymousWritten on December 4, 20121.0 - BadThoroughly disappointed by the trek. Spent up to 10 hours solidly in the van and arrived well into the evening at some campsites and left early the next morning. The tents were old and had holes in, and the van was extremely crowded. Although the tour leader was nice, this didn't make up for the extremely poor trip and bad value for money. Will not be returning!
- AAnonymousWritten on December 4, 20122.0 - Rather poorTour was disappointing! Spent a lot of time in the van, I feel the places visited is falsely advertised as the only places I saw anything of was Washington, niagara and Boston, other stops were basically arriving after 7pm and setting up camp in the dark. Camp sites used in Washington and niagara were also well out of the way and quite a drive. If you only have a week to spare and are really interested in seeing a little bit of these 3 places may be worth it but I wouldn't recommend to a friend! Tour guide was also were poor! Very self centred and got lost on every journey! REPLY FROM TREK: “Thanks Anouska for your review and for contacting us directly after your trip. We are sorry to hear the trip did not meet your expectations. The Freedom Trail is a fast paced 7 day tour focussing on Washington, Niagara & Boston so with the distances in-between there are some longer drives and night stops between these areas”
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Days 1-2: New York Area, Philadelphia, Washington, DC
- Day 3: Lancaster
- Day 4: Niagara Falls
- Days 5-6: Boston
- Day 7: Boston, New York Area
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Q&A: Trek America Oct 2014
- Trek America: Adventures in North, Central and South America
- A Day in the Life of a Trekker
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Will this tour be entirely within the United States?
Yes, this entire tour is in the USA.
What is the weather like in America?
The tour you choose all depends on what you're most keen to see in the USA, and the time of year you'll be traveling. It does get quite cold in the northern states, and very warm in the South, so the time of year that you travel makes a big difference in the experience and weather you'll have!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Bernardette, 59 years old15th September 2018
- SundayMay 26, 2019from New York City7 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to New York City10+ seats left$151$1,149-13%USD $998+ $80 Kitty
- SundayJun 9, 2019from New York City7 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to New York City10+ seats left$152$1,199-13%USD $1,047+ $80 Kitty
- SundayJul 28, 2019from New York City7 DaysSaturdayAug 3, 2019to New York City10+ seats left$152$1,199-13%USD $1,047+ $80 Kitty
- WednesdayAug 7, 2019from New York City7 DaysTuesdayAug 13, 2019to New York City10+ seats left$152$1,199-13%USD $1,047+ $80 Kitty
- WednesdayAug 14, 2019from New York City7 DaysTuesdayAug 20, 2019to New York City10+ seats left$154$1,249-12%USD $1,095+ $80 Kitty
- SundayAug 18, 2019from New York City7 DaysSaturdayAug 24, 2019to New York City10+ seats left$154$1,249-12%USD $1,095+ $80 Kitty
- SundayAug 25, 2019from New York City7 DaysSaturdayAug 31, 2019to New York City10+ seats left$154$1,249-12%USD $1,095+ $80 Kitty
- SundaySep 1, 2019from New York City7 DaysSaturdaySep 7, 2019to New York City10+ seats left$152$1,199-13%USD $1,047+ $80 Kitty
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in New York City.
- Max group size
- 16 is the maximum group size for Freedom Trail.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trek America to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Trek America booking. The remaining balance is then payable 56 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 December 2018 the full payment of $998 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $998 for Freedom Trail, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trek America tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- New York City (USA)
- 130 km
- Philadelphia (USA)
- 199 km
- Washington DC (USA)
- 488 km
- Lancaster (USA)
- 476 km
- Niagara Falls (USA)
- 661 km
- Boston (USA)
- 306 km
- New York City (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $998 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,807 tours in North America
- covered by 70 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date.
- 2,132 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North America tours