Save $746 until Jun 27
ends on 27 Jun 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 2,473
+ $210 Kitty
Ask a question about this tour
24/7 Customer Support
Start and end in Los Angeles! With the discovery tour Westerner 3, you have a 21 day tour package taking you through Los Angeles, USA and 14 other destinations in USA. Westerner 3 is a small group tour that includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, transport and more.
- Age range
- 18 to 38 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Camping, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- TtestWritten on September 14, 20152.5 - AverageA good tour with lots of wonderful things to see, but felt rushed by the tour guide who was on her first tour. I understand she was new but why give such a long and expensive tour to a noobie? she lacked any real knowledge and made no real effort to organise the group. I wish we had had a more experienced guide also the itinerary seemed incredibly rushed and quite poorly planned.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on August 20, 20135.0 - ExcellentI was a little nervous before to do this trek to be the only francophon people of the group and not be able to mingle with people and to travel alone. But I don't regret a minut to have done this trip. All was so amazing : between the wonderful landscapes, activities in each places, freedom to plan your day sometimes, and camping life , it was so great! I was totally disconnected from the real world and my daily life and that's what I found so nice! Without forget my tour leader, Justin, who made us discovered some wonderful places we never heard about before the trip during a lot of hikes, sunrises and sunsets . I recommend everyone who hesitate to do a trip with Trek America to do it, you won't regret it , I can assure you!
- AAnonymousWritten on August 6, 20134.0 - GoodLoved the westerner 3 route- it went to some truly awe inspiring national parks which was a great contrast to the bustling cities of LA and San Francisco. Quite a lot of driving but the places you go to make it totally worth it . If you go to America you may as well spend a decent amount of time there so a 3 week tour is definitely recommended !!
- AAnonymousWritten on March 28, 20135.0 - ExcellentHave you ever wondered what travelling with Trek America is like? Well, here’s a summary of my Western USA trip with Trek America… I’ve saved the best till last :) Firstly a HEADS-UP!: #1- Prepare yourself for some serious heat in the summer months… When I went (July/August), some of the National Parks and places like Vegas were pushing 40 degrees C during the day. I’d not anticipated nor experienced such heat before! SOLUTION: Pick the right time of year for the climate/weather that best suits you :) #2- Some long drives… Even though this isn’t a cross country tour, there is still some serious mileage to be done (you are covering 4 states after all!). There were a handful of 7-8 hour drives (with regular gas stops though) so it’s worth taking into consideration if you get travel sick or bored easily (though I doubt you’ll tire of just gazing out the window at the truly amazing scenery!). SOLUTION: If you feel off during long drives, consider taking ginger capsules with breakfast as I did, prior to hitting the road. That’ll sort you right out! #3- Early rises… Some days require you to pack up camp and be on the road by 7am, and if you choose to do certain hikes (Zion & Grand Canyon NP) then you may be up as early as 5am. SOLUTION: If you’re in the habit of waking up at noon most days, then you may well benefit from training yourself to get up earlier than usual prior to your trek. Apart from a couple of days when staying in some of the cities where you can sleep as much as you wish, don’t expect the freedom of laying-in when you feel like it. Now for all the AWESOME STUFF!: -The perfect tour leader – Our leader was Darin Creech. Darin related to us as friends rather than clients. Being a local boy he was cool, laid back but also knowledgeable and highly professional in his approach. He’d always make sure to brief us on safety as well. -A 3-week adventure was the ideal duration for a first-time solo traveler like myself; neither too long nor too short -Visiting the best & most iconic locations -Campsites varied but 1 in particular in the Great Basin desert was utterly superb -The camping experience was actually a lot of fun, even for someone like me who previously wasn’t inspired by camping at all -Flexibility with food -Freedom – The trip sticks to an itinerary, but also allows for a handful of days where you can do whatever you want -Sufficient exploration time at the National Parks -Like-minded people within your age bracket from all over the globe OVERALL SCORE: 9.5/10!!! P.S. got any questions relating to this trek or the Trek A experience? Feel free to message me: trekamericalive.com/User/?UserId=5568
- AAnonymousWritten on December 6, 20123.0 - AverageGreat Trek to see the entire West of USA in a few weeks. Great cities, big parks to go hiking in, Route 66, a trip to Mexico and a UFO crash site, what more do you want? Made some good friends from all over the world, great to stay in touch with them ! Easy going on this one, the hot weather can burn you up pretty quick, take time to relax and enjoy the views.
- AAnonymousWritten on December 3, 20125.0 - ExcellentA fantastic 3 weeks, taking in all the best sights in the Southwest! A perfect mix of cities, beaches, national parks, hiking and stunning scenery as well as a few cool, hidden away places that you would otherwise miss. Travelled with an awesome group of people from all over the world & a great leader who really knew his stuff. Cooking and camping facilities were great - I slept surprisingly well on just the rubber mat provided, as well as a few nights out under the stars. Brilliant trip overall - would love to do it again!
- AAnonymousWritten on December 1, 20125.0 - ExcellentBest thing i have ever done. Made some awesome friends. would definitely do it again and throughly reccomend it to anyone!!!
- AAnonymousWritten on December 1, 20125.0 - ExcellentAmazing Trek. Would do it again tomorrow if i could. So many highlights, loved every minute. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone
- AAnonymousWritten on December 1, 20125.0 - ExcellentThis trip was a great mix of city (San Francisco, LA, San Diego, Vegas) and beaches on one hand, national park and hiking on the other. Our tour leader was the best and our team was great. Almost everyone traveling by himself, between 23 and 31y with a great spirit. 3 of the best weeks in my life
- AAnonymousWritten on November 30, 20125.0 - ExcellentThis trek should be renamed the Besterner 3! Sounds cheesy but trip of a lifetime. Did so many amazing things went to so many incredible places!! I had the best trek leader and made friends for life. Would recommend trek to anyone! I never camped before but enjoyed every minute of it!!!!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Days 1-2: Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, California Coast
- Days 3-4: San Francisco
- Days 5-6: Yosemite National Park
- Day 7: Eastern Sierra Mountains
- Days 8-9: Zion National Park
- Day 10: Bryce Canyon National Park
- Days 11-12: Capitol Reef National Park, Arches National Park, Moab
- Day 13: Monument Valley
- Day 14: Lake Powell
- Days 15-16: Grand Canyon National Park
- Days 17-18: Route 66, Las Vegas
- Days 19-20: San Diego
- Day 21: San Diego, Los Angeles
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Q&A: Trek America Oct 2014
- Trek America: The Legend
- Trek America: Adventures in North, Central and South America
- A Day in the Life of a Trekker
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 6, 2015
If I would wish to book some extra post tour days in LA, can this be done through Tourradar or should I contact trek america or hotels for this?
We can add extra nights of accommodation for you before or after the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Vicki10th June 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- WednesdayJul 4, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysTuesdayJul 24, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$746$3,219-23%USD $2,473+ $210 Kitty
- FridayJul 13, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysThursdayAug 2, 2018to Los Angeles0 seats left$125USD $2,994+ $210 Kitty
- FridayJul 20, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysThursdayAug 9, 2018to Los Angeles0 seats left$129USD $3,090+ $210 Kitty
- FridayJul 27, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysThursdayAug 16, 2018to Los Angeles0 seats left$125USD $2,994+ $210 Kitty
- FridayAug 3, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysThursdayAug 23, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$755$3,259-23%USD $2,504+ $210 Kitty
- FridayAug 10, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysThursdayAug 30, 2018to Los Angeles0 seats left$126USD $3,033+ $210 Kitty
- FridayAug 17, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysThursdaySep 6, 2018to Los Angeles4 seats left$599$3,259-18%USD $2,660+ $210 KittyBook Now Hold my
- FridayAug 24, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysThursdaySep 13, 2018to Los Angeles0 seats left$130USD $3,129+ $210 Kitty
- FridayAug 31, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysThursdaySep 20, 2018to Los Angeles0 seats left$126USD $3,033+ $210 Kitty
- WednesdaySep 5, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysTuesdaySep 25, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$443$3,259-14%USD $2,816+ $210 KittyBook Now Hold my
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Los Angeles.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trek America to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Trek America booking. The remaining balance is then payable 56 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 August 2018 the full payment of $2,473 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2473 for Westerner 3, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trek America tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 3,086 km.
- Los Angeles (USA)
- 180 km
- San Diego (USA)
- 420 km
- Las Vegas (USA)
- 285 km
- Grand Canyon (USA)
- 129 km
- Lake Powell (USA)
- 105 km
- Monument Valley (USA)
- 182 km
- Moab (USA)
- 18 km
- Arches NP (USA)
- 261 km
- Bryce Canyon National Park (USA)
- 80 km
- Zion National Park (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,473 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,795 tours in North America
- covered by 64 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Westerner 3