- Our saving
- US $ 1,687
- Walk among stars on Hollywood Boulevard
- Helicopter tour over the Grand Canyon
- Limosine tour of the Las Vegas Strip
- Visit the famous Yosemite National Park
- Rather Poor
- LuisaWritten on September 23, 20185.0 - ExcellentOur Tour Guide was the best!Show detailed ratings
- MCMariaWritten on August 11, 20182.5 - AverageToo expensive for what was included and too tiring. The tour was good, we saw a lot of places, if you like adventure from all points of view is ok, otherwise it's better another alternative.Show detailed ratings
- AAmandaWritten on June 26, 20171.0 - BadWould never do this again and trust me I have done a lot of tours with other tour companies. Bad accommodation, basically they are riping you off, negative energy full of rich spoilt children yes not sensible and I dont mean alcohol very negative bitchy unprofessional vibe at times dangerous untrained young in-experienced guides that fail to control group atmosphere...Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on August 20, 20135.0 - ExcellentI don't even know where to start... This trip was amazing, the people , places and experiences were the best. Its such a great mix of cities and national parks (and camping is no where near as bad as you may think it will be!). Since I got back everyone keeps asking me what was the highlight and I really cant answer because literally everything we did was a highlight. Our tour leader Will Borchert was great, he really went out of his way to make sure we had the best time. I'm not going to run through everything we did because you would be here all day reading it. What I will say is get booked on as soon as possible. I did the trip for my 30th birthday and it was the best thing I have ever done!
- AAnonymousWritten on August 6, 20135.0 - ExcellentGreat tour leader, great location and we had a great itinerary to follow. The American people we unbelievably welcoming and I couldn't get over how polite and accommodating they were. Every different place we went on this trip was a highlight, that's why it was so good. During the trip we had opportunities to do extra things such as go to a Baseball match in San Diego, which just added to the experience. The whole group threw themselves in head first and we had a great time.
- AAnonymousWritten on August 5, 20135.0 - ExcellentI guess all the little things made this trip so Special for us, like seeing the elephant seals on the pacific coast, roll down the sand dunes, swim in some hot springs - all thanks to our leader Alex Keim, he was the best!
- AAnonymousWritten on July 27, 20135.0 - ExcellentHad the most fantastic time on this trip and met some great people, all becoming like a family within days. Our tour guide Brandi was the best and made every second of it exciting. What a brilliant way to see the west coast of America in a short space of time. Eating pizza (for one of the girl's birthday) whilst watching the sunset on Grand Canyon was a definate highlight of my trip.In Las Vegas ask your tour guide if you can eat at Dick's!!! You'll have a wicked time there hehe. I really had the time of my life and would love to do another Trek.
- AAnonymousWritten on July 25, 20135.0 - ExcellentAs i began my holiday i was a little apprehensive as i do not often get on in groups. However within an hour this had all changed. Our tour leader a man called Scott quickly introduced himself to us all and began us with introductions to each other. I found that this really helped with the trip and allowed us all to connect really quickly as a group. The camp grounds (i have never really camped before this!) were very clean and the tents very easy to set up. Our tour guide quickly showed us how to set these tents up and honestly has encouraged me to try camping again in the future. The scenery and national parks are spectacular! the hikes ranged from very easy to hard in difficulty. Personally i went one mile down into the grand canyon and found that enough for me but the scenes were fantastic and truly breath taking all i can say to anyone even contemplating this trip is to take it! trust me you will love it. The cities are all so different and offer so much to do and see and the national parks are so different and so massive it is hard to even fathom. Take it from me i will be using this company again and i would 100% suggest this tour
- AAnonymousWritten on July 16, 20135.0 - ExcellentRemembering back to day one of the trip where you nervously appeared in the hotel lobby and make first impressions. You look around waiting to see who you will be living with for the next two weeks. I was greeted by Andrew whom was my tour leader. The first 2 nights as expected were a lot about meeting the group, remembering names and getting an idea what characters you would be experiencing the trek with. When in a van for so long at one time I guess this is actually quite important! I think we should have done more ice breakers as not all individuals are as confident to start conversations etc. and so it could make the first few days lonely for some if this is not done. I had people from all different countries and backgrounds and you do think will you clash with them, but this wasn’t the case and I’m sure it never is. After the first few days we all got along as though we knew each other for ages. The places themselves were Amazing Stunning views, interesting differences in great destinations .From the hustle from the city to relaxing in Yosemite, this trip is packed with such a variety but not over loading you with too much. Words can not describe the gran canyon and these are but a few of the places we seen. Being initially a little nervous to camping due to me having not done it for a few years, it was actually quite luxurious camping. Groups taking turns to cook good meals each night, good camping locations, showers available and decent tents. After you reach week two you have definitely gotten into a routine of camping and packing and getting on the road you think what was all the fuss about this is easy. Hands down to our tour guide Andrew terry who had to drive through tiredness and long and windy roads some times in 50 degrees heat, all with a smile on his face and lame jokes to tell (which all kept our spirits up). He gave us the interesting facts, told us cool stories and managed to take us to amazing places, but overall he could have a laugh and was a fun guide to experience my first trek with- thanks again Andrew!!!!! For this being my first trek I enjoyed it immensely, anyone who is thinking of doing a trek with trek America especially alone like myself. I would say do it. You will not be disappointed, the whole trip exceeded my expectations and the memories will last for years to come. I think this tour was great for anyone who is doing a first trek the length of time and great differences in places; it will defiantly make you want to do another. but unfortunately back to reality it is for me, Until next time.
- AAnonymousWritten on July 11, 20135.0 - ExcellentFrom Day 1, the trek was packed with things to do and places to see. Starting off in LA worked well because every stop afterwards seemed to get better and better, and the group got close really quick. Our Trek Leader, Rosie, made sure we had plenty of time to make some sort of plan for each stop, so that we could book anything extra and get a good price! She was really organised and managed to accommodate pretty much everyone's needs, which was incredible (especially since it was her FIRST TREK as a Trek Leader)! It was really good being able to meet other trek groups along the way. At almost every stop, we met another trek group and were able to do activities all together; like sunrise and sunset at the Grand Canyon, and the Party Bus in Las Vegas (which made it super cheap!) Even though it was only two weeks, the amount of stuff that happened in that time made it feel like I'd been away for a month, but it also went too fast towards the end.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Days 1-2: Los Angeles, San Diego
- Day 3: Colorado River
- Days 4-5: Lake Havasu, Grand Canyon National Park
- Days 6-7: Route 66, Las Vegas
- Day 8: Death Valley National Park
- Days 9-10: Yosemite National Park
- Days 11-12: San Francisco
- Day 13: California Coast
- Day 14: Santa Barbara, Los Angeles
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Q&A: Trek America Oct 2014
- Trek America - 100% America, 100% Adventure!
- Trek America: Adventures in North, Central and South America
- A Day in the Life of a Trekker
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a hotel list available?
Trek America is unable to provide a set hotel list at this time as all accommodations are subject to change until shortly before departure. Your tour leader will provide the final list at your welcome meeting. We can advise that the accommodation for this tour will include 9 nights of camping, 2 nights in budget lodgings and 2 nights in hotels.
When and where does the tour end?
The tour ends in Santa Barbara when you will arrive at the drop off point. This is usually between 5 pm and 6 pm on the final day. For convenience, many travellers choose to book a final night at the hotel where the drop off point is located. Please contact our travel experts if you wish to arrange this.
When and where does the tour start?
On Day 1 of the tour you will meet your tour group in the lobby of the departure hotel at 7.30am. We highly recommend arriving in Los Angeles a day or two prior to the departure date to ensure you're well rested and ready for the coming adventure!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Heather, 57 years old23rd September 2018
- Upcoming departures
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- ThursdayMar 28, 2019from Los Angeles14 DaysWednesdayApr 10, 2019to Los Angeles10+ seats left$352$2,039-17%USD $1,687+ $140 Kitty
- ThursdayApr 11, 2019from Los Angeles14 DaysWednesdayApr 24, 2019to Los Angeles10+ seats left$281$2,269-12%USD $1,988+ $140 Kitty
- SundayApr 28, 2019from Los Angeles14 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Los Angeles9 seats left$281$2,269-12%USD $1,988+ $140 Kitty
- ThursdayMay 9, 2019from Los Angeles14 DaysWednesdayMay 22, 2019to Los Angeles10+ seats left$281$2,269-12%USD $1,988+ $140 Kitty
- SundayMay 19, 2019from Los Angeles14 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to Los Angeles10+ seats left$281$2,269-12%USD $1,988+ $140 Kitty
- SundayMay 26, 2019from Los Angeles14 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to Los Angeles10+ seats left$281$2,269-12%USD $1,988+ $140 Kitty
- ThursdayJun 6, 2019from Los Angeles14 DaysWednesdayJun 19, 2019to Los Angeles10+ seats left$281$2,269-12%USD $1,988+ $140 Kitty
- ThursdayJun 20, 2019from Los Angeles14 DaysWednesdayJul 3, 2019to Los Angeles10+ seats left$281$2,269-12%USD $1,988+ $140 Kitty
- SundayJun 23, 2019from Los Angeles14 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Los Angeles10+ seats left$281$2,269-12%USD $1,988+ $140 Kitty
- TuesdayJul 2, 2019from Los Angeles14 DaysMondayJul 15, 2019to Los Angeles10+ seats left$304$2,359-13%USD $2,055+ $140 Kitty
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Los Angeles.
- Max group size
- 12 is the maximum group size for Westerner 2.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trek America to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Trek America booking. The remaining balance is then payable 56 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 15 December 2018 the full payment of $1,687 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1687 for Westerner 2, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trek America tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Los Angeles (USA)
- 180 km
- San Diego (USA)
- 328 km
- Lake Havasu City (USA)
- 274 km
- Grand Canyon (USA)
- 285 km
- Las Vegas (USA)
- 176 km
- Death Valley NP (USA)
- 254 km
- Yosemite NP (USA)
- 258 km
- San Francisco (USA)
- 139 km
- Monterey (USA)
- 37 km
- Big Sur (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,687 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,807 tours in North America
- covered by 70 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Westerner 2