6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (package 1)
- Our saving
- US $ 514
- Explore the incredible Isle of Skye
- Visit Scotland's Ben Nevis mountain
- Celebrate at the Hogmanay Street Party
- Experience New Year's Eve in Edinburgh
- Age range
- 18 to 40 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- SBSvenWritten on January 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentI loved every minute of this tour, and I mean every single one. With our tourguide Richard Galloway (proper top bloke!) not only telling us about any- and everything you may want to know about the places we visited and travelled through, but also making sure we all had one hell of a laugh, even bus rides were fun. Also, when I had a question during the booking process, assistance was immediate, helpful and friendly. The hostels we stayed in were some of the best I have been to. Castel Rock Hostel is situated absolutly brilliantly, and the staff were great. The places we went to see were (of course) breathtaking, Skye and the Highlands are a must see, pictures simply can't convey them well enough to do them justice! I also liked that there was enough spare time in the evenings to get to know everyone, the others on the tour were great, that really lifted the experience right up there!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Sven! Thank you for your review, we're so pleased to hear you loved your time with us! Hope you have an awesome 2017.
- BBenWritten on January 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was the first ever tour I've done, and I couldn't reccommend it enough. Macbackpackers as a company were incredibly helpful throughout the booking process, and our tour guide Richard was absolutely brilliant. He was super interactive, and also was open to suggestions if anyone had anywhere they really wanted to check out on the trip. The accommodation provided for the duration of the trip was in great locations, and with good facilities too.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHello Ben! Thank you for your review, and for letting us take you out on your first tour adventure - Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much! All the best.
- EBEmmaWritten on January 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was a fantastic tour. Such a great way to spend the new year period and get a taste of what Scotland has to offer. Our guide Richard was amazing. He was so knowledgeable, told brilliant stories and kept us all entertained!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Emma! Thank you for your kind review, sounds like you had an awesome time!
- JYJohnWritten on January 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe did the 2016/17 Hogmanay tour which included 3 day trip to Isle of Skye. The trip was amazing Skye is a must see! Macbacpackers made the whole trip enjoyable and well organised but the big thing that stood out was our amazing tour guide! Richard Galloway! His humour and knowledge made the trip! I would recommend macbackpackers to everyone!Show detailed ratings
- KKristinWritten on January 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentI just did the 6 Day Hogmanay Tour that led through the highlands & into Skye, and I'm so happy I did it. Our guide Richard was phenomenal and made the tour fun at any given point, there was never a dull moment. He knew so much about Scotland and it's history, and filled the empty space while driving with the local folklore. You hit all the highlights around the highlands, and learn so much about what has shaped Scotland and it's people over the past hundreds of years. We also hit some good weather, albeit as good as highland weather can get. This trip is exactly what I needed after living in London!Show detailed ratings
- RCRachelWritten on January 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentI just finished the 6 night Hogmanay package for New Years including the 3 day tour around the Isle of skye. Richard was my tour guide and I couldn't thank him enough for making my first ever tour such a memorable experience! From the first 5 minutes of being on the bus he had us all laughing. He was very knowledgable about the history and geography of Scotland and the Isle of Skye. It was great listening to the many stories he had to share and the range of classic and modern Scottish music. Our bus group bonded really well which made for a truly amazing time. I can't wait to book my next tour in for longer this time a great teaser to the beautiful Isle of Skye. I will definitely recommend MacBackpackers to my friends and family. Richard you are an awesome tour guide and just a great person! Thanks for making this such a memorable experience!!!Show detailed ratings
- BridgetWritten on September 18, 20165.0 - ExcellentI did the 5 Day Skye & Highland Fling in June of 2014. My guide, Richard was awesome and Scotland was breathtaking but after coming off a rowdy, energetic, social tour of Ireland I was a bit let down with the other travelers on my tour. However, I decided to return with a friend for their Hogmanay tour and was I blown away. Richard was my guide again and after hearing what we visited during my first tour, he switched up the Skye tour to make sure I saw things that I hadn't the first time. Talk about good customer service!! It was an unforgettable time with fantastic people, places and stories. Highly Recommend. Thinking about doing it all over again for 2017...Show detailed ratings
- KristaWritten on January 3, 20164.0 - GoodAwesome tour. Richard was an amazing guide-so much fun and willing to personalize the tour to what our group preferred to see. Great stories...not a dull moment! Definitely would recommend!!Show detailed ratings
- LeanneWritten on January 2, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis tour was so much fun! Our tour guide Richard just added to this, telling us stories and playing Scottish music, both traditional and modern. Our group bonded well, which made for even more fun. I loved all the places we visited, from Faerie Glen and all the faeries to Old Man Storr and the 70+mph winds, and Doune Castle, which is the setting of Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Richard was determined to get us there even with the flooding and road closures, thank you!!). The best part (beside Hogmanay itself): stopping to see and get pictures of Highland Cows!! Thank you for a great time! I'll be recommending to my friends and family when they plan their visits to beautiful Scotland!!Show detailed ratings
- BenWritten on August 1, 20155.0 - ExcellentIt was a fantastic experience! It has been the second tour I have done with this company and I cannot recommend it higher! Fun, professional and informative. I would and have recommended it to all of my friends! Richard is a top bloke and an awesome guy!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day One: Arrival and Welcome Party
- Day Three: Isle of Skye
- Day Four: Fort William, Stirling, Edinburgh
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Is airport transfer included?
An airport pick up is not included in the price of the tour but could easily be arranged separately or you could take a taxi.
- December 1, 2016
If I arrived a day before the tour starts, could an additional night stay be booked at the first hostel in Edinburgh?
You could definitely book extra nights if you plan to arrive before the tour start date. When you have a confirmed booking you receive the details of the meeting hostel and the time. From there you will easily be able to add extra nights at the same hostel if you like.
- December 1, 2016
Is this a guaranteed tour?
Yes, this is a 100% guaranteed tour.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Andrew, 27 years old4th May 2017
6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (package 1)
- WednesdayDec 27, 2017from EdinburghTuesdayJan 2, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$13PriceUSD $514Only 3 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 December 2017 the full payment of $514 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $514 for 6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (package 1), but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 65 km
- Cairngorm Mountains (Scotland)
- 64 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 108 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 105 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $514 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,421 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (package 1) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 15 travellers have already met
before they left for 6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (package 1) tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (package 1)