6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (package 1)
- Our saving
- US $ 515
- Explore the incredible Isle of Skye
- Visit Scotland's Ben Nevis mountain
- Celebrate at the Hogmanay Street Party
- Experience New Year's Eve in Edinburgh
- Age range
- 18 to 40 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- LTLianaWritten on March 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentMacBackpackers's Hogmanay Tour is the best experience so far!! I totally recomend this tour, Scotland is breathtaking.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Liana, Thanks so much for sending the great pictures and taking the time to review us. We're very happy to hear you enjoyed the Hogmanay with us. Hopefully, you'll be back soon! Cheers, Jaz
- HHannahWritten on January 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour was better than I expected. Our guide Richard was the best, I learned a great deal and he kept us entertained for the whole trip. I met so many lovely people and we all had such a fun time together. Would definitely recommend!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Hannah, So happy to hear you had a great Hogmanay and enjoyed the tour with Richard. Thanks for reviewing us and we hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- jennyWritten on January 13, 20185.0 - ExcellentSo glad to have been on this trip to finish off 2017 with a bang and enter 2018 with a bunch of legends! The tour from start to finish was filled with laughter, fun, new experiences, new memories made and breathtaking views of the Highlands covered in snow! Our guide, Richard, definitely made the trip! He is so full of knowledge and shared a bunch of stories, jokes and was always ready for a laugh! It was sufficient! MacBackpackers were really helpful prior to the trip and also during. Highly recommend going on this tour!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Jenny, Thanks so much for writing the review. We are delighted to hear you had a blast on the tour with Richard and a brilliant Hogmanay. We look forward to seeing you soon again! Cheers, Jaz xx
- BBryanWritten on January 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentFrom start to finish, this is one of the best tours I've ever done. I've stayed in a bunch of hostels over the years but Castle Rock Hostel is something special; a huge place with excellent facilities and views of castles from the windows. As for the tour itself, there really is no better way to round off your year. The Isle of Skye and the Scottish Highlands during winter are sublime. You HAVE to see it when it's blanketed by snow! You'll also have a load of fun on the bus with our tour guide, Richard being the most entertaining and knowledgeable guide I've ever experienced. His rich knowledge of the country's history and authentic Scottish humour will leave you with a deep understanding and love of Scotland by the time you leave. Your only problem then is the melancholy you'll feel for wanting to be back there! Overall a fantastic experience which I couldn't rate any higher.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Bryan, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We are delighted to hear you had great Hogmanay and amazing time exploring the Highlands and Isle of Skye with Richard. We hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- DDanielWritten on January 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentMacBackPacker's Hogmanay Hootenany was the ultimate travel experience! It was a perfect blend of exciting festival celebrations in Edinburgh, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and jaw-dropping natural and historical site exploration. What really made it stand out, however, was the enthusiasm, personality and incredible knowledge of our guide, Richard. Amazing!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Daniel, We're delighted to hear you enjoyed the Hogmanay in Edinburgh and the 3 Day Isle of Skye tour with Richard. Thanks for rating us. We hope to see you soon again! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- SSSeanWritten on January 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentTouring through Scotland and the Isle of Skye with MacBackpackers and Richard Galloway as our guide was an awesome experience. Richard kept the adventure fun, hilarious, and continuously entertaining with his banter, stories, and knowledge. All you need to do is show up and the team from MacBackpackers will be there to lead the way. 10/10Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Sean, Thanks so much for taking the time and writing the review. We're happy to hear you had a great Hogmanay Tour with Richard. We're looking forward to seeing you soon again! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- IIsabellaWritten on January 2, 20185.0 - ExcellentJust finished the Hogmanay and Isle of Skye tour and it was worth every penny! Tour guides were absolutely fantastic and there was never a dull moment. Great value for money as well. Highly reccomend to anyone looking for a short trip over New Years.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Isabella, We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Hogmanay Hootenanny with us. Many thanks for taking the time to review us. Hopefully, you will come back again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- SBSvenWritten on January 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentI loved every minute of this tour, and I mean every single one. With our tourguide Richard Galloway (proper top bloke!) not only telling us about any- and everything you may want to know about the places we visited and travelled through, but also making sure we all had one hell of a laugh, even bus rides were fun. Also, when I had a question during the booking process, assistance was immediate, helpful and friendly. The hostels we stayed in were some of the best I have been to. Castel Rock Hostel is situated absolutly brilliantly, and the staff were great. The places we went to see were (of course) breathtaking, Skye and the Highlands are a must see, pictures simply can't convey them well enough to do them justice! I also liked that there was enough spare time in the evenings to get to know everyone, the others on the tour were great, that really lifted the experience right up there!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Sven! Thank you for your review, we're so pleased to hear you loved your time with us! Hope you have an awesome 2017.
- BBenWritten on January 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was the first ever tour I've done, and I couldn't reccommend it enough. Macbackpackers as a company were incredibly helpful throughout the booking process, and our tour guide Richard was absolutely brilliant. He was super interactive, and also was open to suggestions if anyone had anywhere they really wanted to check out on the trip. The accommodation provided for the duration of the trip was in great locations, and with good facilities too.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHello Ben! Thank you for your review, and for letting us take you out on your first tour adventure - Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much! All the best.
- EBEmmaWritten on January 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was a fantastic tour. Such a great way to spend the new year period and get a taste of what Scotland has to offer. Our guide Richard was amazing. He was so knowledgeable, told brilliant stories and kept us all entertained!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Emma! Thank you for your kind review, sounds like you had an awesome time!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day One: Arrival and Welcome Party
- Day Three: Isle of Skye
- Day Four: Fort William, Stirling, Edinburgh
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Is airport transfer included?
An airport pick up is not included in the price of the tour but could easily be arranged separately or you could take a taxi.
- December 1, 2016
If I arrived a day before the tour starts, could an additional night stay be booked at the first hostel in Edinburgh?
You could definitely book extra nights if you plan to arrive before the tour start date. When you have a confirmed booking you receive the details of the meeting hostel and the time. From there you will easily be able to add extra nights at the same hostel if you like.
- December 1, 2016
Is this a guaranteed tour?
Yes, this is a 100% guaranteed tour.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sandra3rd May 2018
6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (package 1)
- ThursdayDec 27, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysWednesdayJan 2, 2019to Edinburgh10+ seats left$16USD $515
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 July 2018 the full payment of $515 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $515 for 6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (package 1), but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 65 km
- Cairngorm Mountains (Scotland)
- 64 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 108 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 105 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $515 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (package 1) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 18 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (package 1)