6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (package 1)
- Explore the incredible Isle of Skye
- Visit Scotland's Ben Nevis mountain
- Celebrate at the Hogmanay Street Party
- Experience New Year's Eve in Edinburgh
- Age range
- 18 to 40 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Hogmanay, In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- BBenWritten on January 6, 20195.0 - Excellent
Everything about the tour was brilliant. From the expert local advice Neil had to the accomodation we stayed at, I was really impressed. The humour of Neil and his ability to talk and tell stories made every bit of the driving interesting. Highly recommend!!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Ben, Thanks so much for the lovely pics and feedback. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Neil. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- TWTravisWritten on January 3, 20194.0 - Good
The tour was good fun and you got to see a lot of Skye (for the 3day) There is a lot of driving but that is expected and the bus was very comfortable.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Travis, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and share the nice photos. We're delighted to hear that you had a fab Hogmanay with us. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- ElizabethWritten on August 22, 20185.0 - Excellent
This was an AMAZING tour! I had the best time. Our tour guide was stellar, hilarious, and kept everyone interested in the beauty and history and humor of Scotland.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Elizabeth, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that you had a fab time on our Hogmanay Hootenanny. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- LTLianaWritten on March 6, 20185.0 - Excellent
MacBackpackers's Hogmanay Tour is the best experience so far!! I totally recomend this tour, Scotland is breathtaking.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Liana, Thanks so much for sending the great pictures and taking the time to review us. We're very happy to hear you enjoyed the Hogmanay with us. Hopefully, you'll be back soon! Cheers, Jaz
- HHannahWritten on January 15, 20185.0 - Excellent
The tour was better than I expected. Our guide Richard was the best, I learned a great deal and he kept us entertained for the whole trip. I met so many lovely people and we all had such a fun time together. Would definitely recommend!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Hannah, So happy to hear you had a great Hogmanay and enjoyed the tour with Richard. Thanks for reviewing us and we hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- jennyWritten on January 13, 20185.0 - Excellent
So glad to have been on this trip to finish off 2017 with a bang and enter 2018 with a bunch of legends! The tour from start to finish was filled with laughter, fun, new experiences, new memories made and breathtaking views of the Highlands covered in snow!... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Jenny, Thanks so much for writing the review. We are delighted to hear you had a blast on the tour with Richard and a brilliant Hogmanay. We look forward to seeing you soon again! Cheers, Jaz xx
- BBryanWritten on January 8, 20185.0 - Excellent
From start to finish, this is one of the best tours I've ever done. I've stayed in a bunch of hostels over the years but Castle Rock Hostel is something special; a huge place with excellent facilities and views of castles from the windows. As for the tour... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Bryan, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We are delighted to hear you had great Hogmanay and amazing time exploring the Highlands and Isle of Skye with Richard. We hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- DDanielWritten on January 3, 20185.0 - Excellent
MacBackPacker's Hogmanay Hootenany was the ultimate travel experience! It was a perfect blend of exciting festival celebrations in Edinburgh, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and jaw-dropping natural and historical site exploration. What... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Daniel, We're delighted to hear you enjoyed the Hogmanay in Edinburgh and the 3 Day Isle of Skye tour with Richard. Thanks for rating us. We hope to see you soon again! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- SSSeanWritten on January 3, 20185.0 - Excellent
Touring through Scotland and the Isle of Skye with MacBackpackers and Richard Galloway as our guide was an awesome experience. Richard kept the adventure fun, hilarious, and continuously entertaining with his banter, stories, and knowledge. All you need to... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Sean, Thanks so much for taking the time and writing the review. We're happy to hear you had a great Hogmanay Tour with Richard. We're looking forward to seeing you soon again! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- IIsabellaWritten on January 2, 20185.0 - Excellent
Just finished the Hogmanay and Isle of Skye tour and it was worth every penny! Tour guides were absolutely fantastic and there was never a dull moment. Great value for money as well. Highly reccomend to anyone looking for a short trip over New Years.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Isabella, We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Hogmanay Hootenanny with us. Many thanks for taking the time to review us. Hopefully, you will come back again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day One: Arrival and Welcome Party
Start point Check-in at reception, Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 2PR, United Kingdom
- Day Three: Isle of Skye
Day Four: Fort William, Stirling, Edinburgh
End point Outside, Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 2PR, United Kingdom
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is airport transfer included?
An airport pick up is not included in the price of the tour but could easily be arranged separately or you could take a taxi.
If I arrived a day before the tour starts, could an additional night stay be booked at the first hostel in Edinburgh?
You could definitely book extra nights if you plan to arrive before the tour start date. When you have a confirmed booking you receive the details of the meeting hostel and the time. From there you will easily be able to add extra nights at the same hostel if you like.
Is this a guaranteed tour?
Yes, this is a 100% guaranteed tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Codi28th September 2018
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 March 2019 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for 6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (package 1), but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 65 km
- Cairngorm Mountains (Scotland)
- 64 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 108 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 105 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,329 tours in Europe
- covered by 336 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (package 1) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 21 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (package 1)