6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (Package 1)
- Our saving
- US $ 483
- +7 Destinations
- Game of Thrones
- Explore the incredible Isle of Skye
- Visit Scotland's Ben Nevis mountain
- Celebrate at the Hogmanay Street Party
- Experience New Year's Eve in Edinburgh
- Age range
- 18 to 40 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Hogmanay, In-depth Cultural
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day One: Arrival and Welcome Party
Start point Check-in at reception, Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 2PR, United Kingdom
- Day Three: Isle of Skye
Day Four: Fort William, Stirling, Edinburgh
End point Outside, Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 2PR, United Kingdom
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- SamWritten on June 1, 20194.0 - Good
We booked the Hogmanay Hootenanny tour and it was one of the best tours we have ever been on. Our guide Neil was excellent. He was knowledgable, funny and approachable. Would highly recommend for those wanting to see Scotland to book through macbackpackers,... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Samantha, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're happy to hear that you had a fantastic time on our Hogmanay Hootenanny with Neil. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz / MacBackpackers
- JesseWritten on March 11, 20195.0 - Excellent
such a great tour , my favourite by far ! a very goos way to see the countryShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Jesse, Many thank for rating us. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Hogmanay Hootenanny. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz / MacBackpackers
- BBenWritten on January 6, 20195.0 - Excellent
Everything about the tour was brilliant. From the expert local advice Neil had to the accomodation we stayed at, I was really impressed. The humour of Neil and his ability to talk and tell stories made every bit of the driving interesting. Highly recommend!!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Ben, Thanks so much for the lovely pics and feedback. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Neil. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- TWTravisWritten on January 3, 20194.0 - Good
The tour was good fun and you got to see a lot of Skye (for the 3day) There is a lot of driving but that is expected and the bus was very comfortable.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Travis, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and share the nice photos. We're delighted to hear that you had a fab Hogmanay with us. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- ElizabethWritten on August 22, 20185.0 - Excellent
This was an AMAZING tour! I had the best time. Our tour guide was stellar, hilarious, and kept everyone interested in the beauty and history and humor of Scotland.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Elizabeth, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that you had a fab time on our Hogmanay Hootenanny. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- LTLianaWritten on March 6, 20185.0 - Excellent
MacBackpackers's Hogmanay Tour is the best experience so far!! I totally recomend this tour, Scotland is breathtaking.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Liana, Thanks so much for sending the great pictures and taking the time to review us. We're very happy to hear you enjoyed the Hogmanay with us. Hopefully, you'll be back soon! Cheers, Jaz
- HHannahWritten on January 15, 20185.0 - Excellent
The tour was better than I expected. Our guide Richard was the best, I learned a great deal and he kept us entertained for the whole trip. I met so many lovely people and we all had such a fun time together. Would definitely recommend!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Hannah, So happy to hear you had a great Hogmanay and enjoyed the tour with Richard. Thanks for reviewing us and we hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- jennyWritten on January 13, 20185.0 - Excellent
So glad to have been on this trip to finish off 2017 with a bang and enter 2018 with a bunch of legends! The tour from start to finish was filled with laughter, fun, new experiences, new memories made and breathtaking views of the Highlands covered in snow!... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Jenny, Thanks so much for writing the review. We are delighted to hear you had a blast on the tour with Richard and a brilliant Hogmanay. We look forward to seeing you soon again! Cheers, Jaz xx
- BBryanWritten on January 8, 20185.0 - Excellent
From start to finish, this is one of the best tours I've ever done. I've stayed in a bunch of hostels over the years but Castle Rock Hostel is something special; a huge place with excellent facilities and views of castles from the windows. As for the tour... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Bryan, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We are delighted to hear you had great Hogmanay and amazing time exploring the Highlands and Isle of Skye with Richard. We hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- DDanielWritten on January 3, 20185.0 - Excellent
MacBackPacker's Hogmanay Hootenany was the ultimate travel experience! It was a perfect blend of exciting festival celebrations in Edinburgh, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and jaw-dropping natural and historical site exploration. What... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Daniel, We're delighted to hear you enjoyed the Hogmanay in Edinburgh and the 3 Day Isle of Skye tour with Richard. Thanks for rating us. We hope to see you soon again! Best wishes, Jaz xx
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is airport transfer included?
An airport pick up is not included in the price of the tour but could easily be arranged separately or you could take a taxi.
If I arrived a day before the tour starts, could an additional night stay be booked at the first hostel in Edinburgh?
You could definitely book extra nights if you plan to arrive before the tour start date. When you have a confirmed booking you receive the details of the meeting hostel and the time. From there you will easily be able to add extra nights at the same hostel if you like.
Is this a guaranteed tour?
Yes, this is a 100% guaranteed tour.
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Western Europe Travel Guide
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Andrew3rd January 2019
6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (Package 1)
- FridayDec 27, 2019from Edinburgh7 DaysThursdayJan 2, 2020to Edinburgh10+ seats left$27$510-5%USD $483Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 21 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 21 October 2019, a minimum payment of 25% is required to confirm your booking with MacBackpackers. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of MacBackpackers. Please familiarise yourself with the MacBackpackers payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 65 km
- Cairngorm Mountains (Scotland)
- 64 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 108 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 105 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $483 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,033 tours in Europe
- covered by 571 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (Package 1) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 23 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 6 Night Hogmanay Hootenanny (Package 1)