5 Day Christmas Caper
- Our saving
- US $ 487
- Hike the breathtaking Highlands
- Hunt for Nessie like a true adventurer
- Experience iconic Torridon
- Celebrate Christmas in the Isle of Skye
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Start point Check-in at reception, Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 2PR, United Kingdom
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
End point Outside, Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 2PR, United Kingdom
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- RebeccaWritten on January 3, 20195.0 - Excellent
Stewart was just incredible. A true Scottish lad with an incredible love for his country and its history. The stories he told were magical, hilarious, and really brought our journey to life. Stewart changed the itinerary as we went to best suit our group... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Rebecca, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and share the lovely pics. Even managed to see Santa! We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic Christmas tour with Stewart. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- NBNikhilWritten on December 27, 20185.0 - Excellent
The tour was perfect in terms of time given to hike and the selection of sights to see in Scotland. The tour guide was very friendly and good at telling folklore and history of Scotland and funny which made it even more enjoyable. Would definitely recommend... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Nikhil, Thanks so much for the lovely feedback. We're delighted to hear that you had a wonderful Christmas with Stewart. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- ASArianaWritten on December 26, 20184.0 - Good
Stewart was an absolute blast. Very knowledgeable and easy to get along with which is always great with a tour guide. The overall tour was absolutely breathtaking literally, the hike up Old man of Storr was challenging but the views were amazing. We were... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Ariana, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that you had a fab Christmas with Stewart. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- ishaWritten on December 26, 20184.5 - Excellent
I loved the tour. I love hiking and also wanted to have an opportunity to view beautiful sceneries. This tour gave me both!!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Maniesha, We're happy to hear that you had a wonderful Christmas with us. Thanks so much for rating us. We hope to see you again very soon! Cheers, Jaz
- EElleWritten on January 14, 20185.0 - Excellent
The 5-day Christmas Caper was everything we hoped for plus more! A great group of travelling companions, friendly locals and beautiful scenery made for a perfect mix of sightseeing, activities and fun; not forgetting a good dose of Christmas spirit. Our... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Elle, We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful Christmas with Richard and everyone else on the tour. Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz xx
- KKerryWritten on January 9, 20185.0 - Excellent
I recently did the 5 day Christmas Caper tour and it was truly amazing. I am so glad I chose MacBackpackers (recommended by a friend). Our tour guide - Richard - was the perfect balance of funny, knowledgeable and friendly and with his Scottish humour left... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Kerry, We are delighted to hear that you had a great Christmas with Richard and everyone else on the tour. We are glad you enjoyed the Christmas lunch as well. Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- EElyneWritten on January 4, 20185.0 - Excellent
I did the 5 day Christmas Caper tour and it went above and beyond any expectations I had. This being my first tour and hostel experience I was a bit nervous but the hostels were wonderful, clean and comfortable, and the tour experience was fist rate.... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Elyne, It's great to hear you had a fab Christmas on tour with Richard. We are delighted that you enjoyed the Christmas dinner too. Thank you so much for taking the time and writing this lovely review. We hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- SSumitWritten on January 3, 20185.0 - Excellent
It was an awesome trip ! My best ever coach/guide trip & i have done a few of them. Richard is a hilarious guide & made our trip extra special with all the jokes / stories. We had a lovely Christmas with a group of 29 people & it was probably the best... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Sumit, Thanks for the lovely review. We are delighted to hear that you had a great time on the Christmas Caper with Richard. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- CLCamieWritten on December 31, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We (my daughter and I) enjoyed the 5-day Christmas Caper thoroughly. Richard was an excellent tour guide, he was very knowledgeable on Scotish history and the geography of Scotland. MacBackpackers and Richard made Christmas memorable with gifts, champagne,... Read more
- NNatalieWritten on December 29, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had an amazing time on the tour to the highlands! Richard was a great guide and I had a great time meeting and socializing with other people in my group. It was a wonderful way to spend Christmas.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where is the assembly point of the tour?
This tour begins at 8am from Castle Rock Hostel in Edinburgh.
I'll be arriving one day before the tour starts, can you tell me which accommodation will be used for the tour?
The tour begins at the Castle Rock Hostel, if you're arriving one day early you can make arrangements with the hostel directly.
Castle Rock Hostel
15 Johnston Terrace
How is the accommodation like for this trip?
The accomodation for this tour is hosted by hostels. All of our hostels provide dormitory accommodation, in rooms of between 6 and 12 beds. A dorm bed will be held automatically for you for each night of your tour (except Edinburgh). As hostels are in a dorm style, you will be in the same room with other travellers.
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Western Europe Travel Guide
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Debbie15th July 2019
5 Day Christmas Caper
- SundayDec 22, 2019from Edinburgh5 DaysThursdayDec 26, 2019to Edinburgh10+ seats left$15USD $487Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 24 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 24 October 2019, a minimum payment of 25% is required to confirm your booking with MacBackpackers. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of MacBackpackers. Please familiarise yourself with the MacBackpackers payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 65 km
- Cairngorm Mountains (Scotland)
- 64 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 27 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 120 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 105 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $487 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,050 tours in Europe
- covered by 567 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 5 Day Christmas Caper via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 23 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 5 Day Christmas Caper