5 Day Christmas Caper
- Our saving
- US $ 491
- Hike the breathtaking Highlands
- Hunt for Nessie like a true adventurer
- Experience iconic Torridon
- Celebrate Christmas in the Isle of Skye
- Age range
- 18 to 40 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- EElleWritten on January 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe 5-day Christmas Caper was everything we hoped for plus more! A great group of travelling companions, friendly locals and beautiful scenery made for a perfect mix of sightseeing, activities and fun; not forgetting a good dose of Christmas spirit. Our tour guide Richard was an absolute legend. His extensive and first hand knowledge of Scotland coupled with his fantastic story-telling abilities were second to none and made the trip one I will remember always. It really set the bar high for my first Christmas abroad.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Elle, We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful Christmas with Richard and everyone else on the tour. Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz xx
- KKerryWritten on January 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentI recently did the 5 day Christmas Caper tour and it was truly amazing. I am so glad I chose MacBackpackers (recommended by a friend). Our tour guide - Richard - was the perfect balance of funny, knowledgeable and friendly and with his Scottish humour left the bus in stitches most of the time. He was flexible when it came to planning our days and with that we got to see the best sites. The hostels themselves we very clean, warm and comfortable and the staff were all really friendly and helpful. We had an amazing Christmas lunch prepared by the staff the King Haakon Restaurant followed by games and plenty of drinking. This was definitely a tour I will never forget with awesome people and amazing organization. Thank you MacBackpackers and Richard for the best time!!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Kerry, We are delighted to hear that you had a great Christmas with Richard and everyone else on the tour. We are glad you enjoyed the Christmas lunch as well. Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- EElyneWritten on January 4, 20185.0 - ExcellentI did the 5 day Christmas Caper tour and it went above and beyond any expectations I had. This being my first tour and hostel experience I was a bit nervous but the hostels were wonderful, clean and comfortable, and the tour experience was fist rate. Nothing beats sightseeing and hiking the highlands with a guide as passionate, funny and genuinely in love with his country as Richard. I loved the flexibility of the schedule and the variety of sites and activities. A special mention goes out to the staff at the King Haakon Restaurant that put together and amazing Christmas dinner. Thank you MacBackpackers for a trip that I will be daydreaming about for a long time to come.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Elyne, It's great to hear you had a fab Christmas on tour with Richard. We are delighted that you enjoyed the Christmas dinner too. Thank you so much for taking the time and writing this lovely review. We hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- SSumitWritten on January 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was an awesome trip ! My best ever coach/guide trip & i have done a few of them. Richard is a hilarious guide & made our trip extra special with all the jokes / stories. We had a lovely Christmas with a group of 29 people & it was probably the best Christmas yet !Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Sumit, Thanks for the lovely review. We are delighted to hear that you had a great time on the Christmas Caper with Richard. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- CLCamieWritten on December 31, 20165.0 - ExcellentWe (my daughter and I) enjoyed the 5-day Christmas Caper thoroughly. Richard was an excellent tour guide, he was very knowledgeable on Scotish history and the geography of Scotland. MacBackpackers and Richard made Christmas memorable with gifts, champagne, and dinner. We met many great people on the tour and would highly recommend it.Show detailed ratings
- NNatalieWritten on December 29, 20165.0 - ExcellentI had an amazing time on the tour to the highlands! Richard was a great guide and I had a great time meeting and socializing with other people in my group. It was a wonderful way to spend Christmas.Show detailed ratings
- RYRitaWritten on December 29, 20164.0 - GoodWhat I enjoyed most about this trip : people from all walks of life and Richard our guide - so funny and knowledgeable about Scotland's history and nature - within all these breathtaking scenery.Show detailed ratings
- CYChunWritten on December 28, 20165.0 - Excellent3 words. Fantastic,brilliant and amazing. Not just only the places,but also the tour guide and surprises they gave us. Lovely christmas gift and new friends from the trip. Glad that i joined the trip and love you Richard :)))))Show detailed ratings
- CatWritten on December 28, 20164.0 - GoodThe Christmas Caper tour was great. MacBackpackers is a bit more low key than other tour companies but it was a perfect fit for a shorter tour in a small, beautiful country. The guide, Richard, was amazing and everyone kept begging him for for stories. It was a great, affordable and festive way to spend Christmas. Our whole tour had a blast and it's a good trip for those who want to get out and explore a bit rather than just experience tourist spots.Show detailed ratings
- LLeenaWritten on December 26, 20164.0 - GoodAwesome trip, had a great time in the tours. Met a lot of interesting people and enjoyed spending Christmas on Isle of Skye with the local. Richard has been an amazing tour guide, he made the journey so fucking great....Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where is the assembly point of the tour?
This tour begins at 8am from Castle Rock Hostel in Edinburgh.
I'll be arriving one day before the tour starts, can you tell me which accommodation will be used for the tour?
The tour begins at the Castle Rock Hostel, if you're arriving one day early you can make arrangements with the hostel directly.
Castle Rock Hostel
15 Johnston Terrace
How is the accommodation like for this trip?
The accomodation for this tour is hosted by hostels. All of our hostels provide dormitory accommodation, in rooms of between 6 and 12 beds. A dorm bed will be held automatically for you for each night of your tour (except Edinburgh). As hostels are in a dorm style, you will be in the same room with other travellers.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
5 Day Christmas Caper
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysWednesdayDec 26, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$20USD $491Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 September 2018 the full payment of $491 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $491 for 5 Day Christmas Caper, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 65 km
- Cairngorm Mountains (Scotland)
- 64 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 27 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 120 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 105 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $491 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,723 tours in Europe
- covered by 240 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 5 Day Christmas Caper via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 19 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 5 Day Christmas Caper