5 Day Christmas Caper
- Our saving
- US $ 483
- Hike the breathtaking Highlands
- Hunt for Nessie like a true adventurer
- Experience iconic Torridon
- Celebrate Christmas in the Isle of Skye
- Rather Poor
- EElleWritten on January 14, 20185.0 - Excellent
The 5-day Christmas Caper was everything we hoped for plus more! A great group of travelling companions, friendly locals and beautiful scenery made for a perfect mix of sightseeing, activities and fun; not forgetting a good dose of Christmas spirit. Our... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Elle, We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful Christmas with Richard and everyone else on the tour. Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz xx
- KKerryWritten on January 9, 20185.0 - Excellent
I recently did the 5 day Christmas Caper tour and it was truly amazing. I am so glad I chose MacBackpackers (recommended by a friend). Our tour guide - Richard - was the perfect balance of funny, knowledgeable and friendly and with his Scottish humour left... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Kerry, We are delighted to hear that you had a great Christmas with Richard and everyone else on the tour. We are glad you enjoyed the Christmas lunch as well. Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- EElyneWritten on January 4, 20185.0 - Excellent
I did the 5 day Christmas Caper tour and it went above and beyond any expectations I had. This being my first tour and hostel experience I was a bit nervous but the hostels were wonderful, clean and comfortable, and the tour experience was fist rate.... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Elyne, It's great to hear you had a fab Christmas on tour with Richard. We are delighted that you enjoyed the Christmas dinner too. Thank you so much for taking the time and writing this lovely review. We hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- SSumitWritten on January 3, 20185.0 - Excellent
It was an awesome trip ! My best ever coach/guide trip & i have done a few of them. Richard is a hilarious guide & made our trip extra special with all the jokes / stories. We had a lovely Christmas with a group of 29 people & it was probably the best... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Sumit, Thanks for the lovely review. We are delighted to hear that you had a great time on the Christmas Caper with Richard. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- CLCamieWritten on December 31, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We (my daughter and I) enjoyed the 5-day Christmas Caper thoroughly. Richard was an excellent tour guide, he was very knowledgeable on Scotish history and the geography of Scotland. MacBackpackers and Richard made Christmas memorable with gifts, champagne,... Read more
- NNatalieWritten on December 29, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had an amazing time on the tour to the highlands! Richard was a great guide and I had a great time meeting and socializing with other people in my group. It was a wonderful way to spend Christmas.
- RYRitaWritten on December 29, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
What I enjoyed most about this trip : people from all walks of life and Richard our guide - so funny and knowledgeable about Scotland's history and nature - within all these breathtaking scenery.
- CYChunWritten on December 28, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
3 words. Fantastic,brilliant and amazing. Not just only the places,but also the tour guide and surprises they gave us. Lovely christmas gift and new friends from the trip. Glad that i joined the trip and love you Richard :)))))
- CatWritten on December 28, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The Christmas Caper tour was great. MacBackpackers is a bit more low key than other tour companies but it was a perfect fit for a shorter tour in a small, beautiful country. The guide, Richard, was amazing and everyone kept begging him for for stories. It... Read more
- LLeenaWritten on December 26, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Awesome trip, had a great time in the tours. Met a lot of interesting people and enjoyed spending Christmas on Isle of Skye with the local. Richard has been an amazing tour guide, he made the journey so fucking great....
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where is the assembly point of the tour?
This tour begins at 8am from Castle Rock Hostel in Edinburgh.
I'll be arriving one day before the tour starts, can you tell me which accommodation will be used for the tour?
The tour begins at the Castle Rock Hostel, if you're arriving one day early you can make arrangements with the hostel directly.
Castle Rock Hostel
15 Johnston Terrace
How is the accommodation like for this trip?
The accomodation for this tour is hosted by hostels. All of our hostels provide dormitory accommodation, in rooms of between 6 and 12 beds. A dorm bed will be held automatically for you for each night of your tour (except Edinburgh). As hostels are in a dorm style, you will be in the same room with other travellers.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jane7th September 2018
5 Day Christmas Caper
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysWednesdayDec 26, 2018to Edinburgh5 seats left$15USD $483Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 January 2019 the full payment of $483 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $483 for 5 Day Christmas Caper, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 65 km
- Cairngorm Mountains (Scotland)
- 64 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 27 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 120 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 105 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $483 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,535 tours in Europe
- covered by 274 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 5 Day Christmas Caper via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 19 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 5 Day Christmas Caper