5 Day Christmas Caper
- Our saving
- US $ 500
- Hike the breathtaking Highlands
- Hunt for Nessie like a true adventurer
- Experience iconic Torridon
- Celebrate Christmas in the Isle of Skye
- Age range
- 18 to 40 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- CLCamieWritten on December 31, 20165.0 - ExcellentWe (my daughter and I) enjoyed the 5-day Christmas Caper thoroughly. Richard was an excellent tour guide, he was very knowledgeable on Scotish history and the geography of Scotland. MacBackpackers and Richard made Christmas memorable with gifts, champagne, and dinner. We met many great people on the tour and would highly recommend it.Show detailed ratings
- NNatalieWritten on December 29, 20165.0 - ExcellentI had an amazing time on the tour to the highlands! Richard was a great guide and I had a great time meeting and socializing with other people in my group. It was a wonderful way to spend Christmas.Show detailed ratings
- RYRitaWritten on December 29, 20164.0 - GoodWhat I enjoyed most about this trip : people from all walks of life and Richard our guide - so funny and knowledgeable about Scotland's history and nature - within all these breathtaking scenery.Show detailed ratings
- CYChunWritten on December 28, 20165.0 - Excellent3 words. Fantastic,brilliant and amazing. Not just only the places,but also the tour guide and surprises they gave us. Lovely christmas gift and new friends from the trip. Glad that i joined the trip and love you Richard :)))))Show detailed ratings
- CatWritten on December 28, 20164.0 - GoodThe Christmas Caper tour was great. MacBackpackers is a bit more low key than other tour companies but it was a perfect fit for a shorter tour in a small, beautiful country. The guide, Richard, was amazing and everyone kept begging him for for stories. It was a great, affordable and festive way to spend Christmas. Our whole tour had a blast and it's a good trip for those who want to get out and explore a bit rather than just experience tourist spots.Show detailed ratings
- LLeenaWritten on December 26, 20164.0 - GoodAwesome trip, had a great time in the tours. Met a lot of interesting people and enjoyed spending Christmas on Isle of Skye with the local. Richard has been an amazing tour guide, he made the journey so fucking great....Show detailed ratings
- JJacquiWritten on December 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentI met a lot of the Macbackpackers crew at a TNT travel show and they convinced me to book the tour. I didn't even know what the itenery was nor bothered to look it up. I just knew that this trip was going to be an epic adventure from how they described and I wasn't disappointed! My tour guide was Richard, he was amazing and full of so many stories and jokes that he had us in stitches or crying (well, feeling sad) most of the trip. I would recommend either this tour, or any Macbackpackers tour!Show detailed ratings
- JSJana-RoxanaWritten on June 4, 20164.0 - GoodThe 5 Day Tour was amazing! The people on the coach were great and we had lots of fun! Thanks to Graeme we learned a lot of stories about the history, myths and "were" fun facts of Scotland from an insider who really knows how to tell stories. The accommodation was good as well although you sometimes had to arrange yourself with the space in the rooms. The itinery was great and due to the small coach size we could visit places that you could not reach with a bigger sized bus. Also it was great that we could make suggestions where to go and the itinery could be adjusted to the group's interests. I can only recommend this tour for everyone who would like to spend not so much time on the coach and who wants to have an active time including hiking, swimming and lots of fun, new experiences and new friends around the world :-) thanks macbackpackers and graham! - Jana from GermanyShow detailed ratings
- RebeccaWritten on December 30, 20155.0 - ExcellentBefore even getting off the bus at the end of this years 5 day Christmas Caper I had already started to research the tours MacBackpackers are offering throughout this coming summer - this surely has to be the best way of proving just how much I enjoyed this trip! Scotland is so deserving, and our guide Richards enthusiasm for its beauty and history was contagious!! By the end of the trip we had all discovered our inner Scots! Everyone should visit Scotland at least once, and MacBackpackers surely has to be the best way of doing so.Show detailed ratings
- LilahWritten on December 30, 20155.0 - ExcellentThe best part for me was that i never felt like i am on a guided tour but more like backpacking with fun group of friends. amazing locations, just the right amount of people, hikes but also light walks. every mountain, loch or castle along the way had its own intriguing story thanks to our awesome guide Richard who also made sure to adapt the trip to us and see what we would like to do along the way (and had amazing music to top it all off!) winter was a wonderful surprise because we had pretty much every place to our selves and come rain or shine the views were breathtaking. definitely going to do another one of MacBackpackes tours in the future!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Where is the assembly point of the tour?
This tour begins at 8am from Castle Rock Hostel in Edinburgh.
- November 1, 2016
I'll be arriving one day before the tour starts, can you tell me which accommodation will be used for the tour?
The tour begins at the Castle Rock Hostel, if you're arriving one day early you can make arrangements with the hostel directly.
Castle Rock Hostel
15 Johnston Terrace
- November 1, 2016
How is the accommodation like for this trip?
The accomodation for this tour is hosted by hostels. All of our hostels provide dormitory accommodation, in rooms of between 6 and 12 beds. A dorm bed will be held automatically for you for each night of your tour (except Edinburgh). As hostels are in a dorm style, you will be in the same room with other travellers.
Guides who have led this tour
9 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their MacBackpackers 5 Day Christmas Caper tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 22nd December 20172 comments"Hello"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Andrew, 27 years old4th May 2017
5 Day Christmas Caper
- FridayDec 22, 2017from EdinburghTuesdayDec 26, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$13PriceUSD $5005 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 December 2017 the full payment of $500 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $500 for 5 Day Christmas Caper, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 65 km
- Cairngorm Mountains (Scotland)
- 64 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 27 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 120 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 105 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $500 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,425 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 5 Day Christmas Caper via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 9 travellers have already met
before they left for 5 Day Christmas Caper tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 15 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 5 Day Christmas Caper