12 Days Ethiopia's Historic North simen Trekking and Danakil Depression
- Tour Operator:
- Ethio ToursByLocals
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 16 to 95
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1 City tour of Addis Ababa
- Day 2 Fly to Bahir Dar
- Day 3 Drive through the countryside to Gondar.
- Day 4 Drive to Sankabar
- Day 5 chenek
- Day 6 Mt.Buhit
- Day 7 drive back to Gonder
- Day 8 fly to addis abeba then to semera
- Day 9 ErtaAle-HamadEla-Dallol-Afdera
- Day 10 Afdera-Semera-Addis Ababa-Departure
- Day 11 fly to lalibela
- Day 12 Fly back to Addis Ababa
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Operated by Ethio ToursByLocals
Ethio ToursByLocals is a private Local Travel Agent Based In Bahir Dar, offering Cultural, Historical & Trekking adventures in all over countries Choose from a wide range of adventure Holiday options. Mr Melese is the founder and owner of Ethio ToursByLocals. He's a lifelong Bahir Dar resident who was born and raised in country Ethiopia "Bahir Dar" city. Many years he spent living on, exploring and learning about Ethiopia puts him in an elite and unique class of tour guides. He has over 10 + years of tour guide experience, and highly customer satisfaction rating Tour Guide in Ethiopia. Melese's extensive knowledge of Ethiopia most from all walks of life. He is most knowledgeable about flora & fauna, weather conditions, geography, Ethiopian history, cultures and much more.Read more
- Overall RatingGood
- CCcynthia· January 13th, 2020Take it. It is fifteen days of non stop adventures; castles, museums, churches and tombs. You are immersed in Ethiopian history and culture, traditional dancers, tasty Ethiopian cuisine. This is an unforgettable tour. You will enjoy seeing how very... Show moreEthio ToursByLocals commented on this reviewThanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard... Show moreTrip date: December 2019
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Sunday4 Jun, 2023Thursday15 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,809
- Tuesday6 Jun, 2023Saturday17 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,809
- Thursday8 Jun, 2023Monday19 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,809
- Saturday10 Jun, 2023Wednesday21 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,809
- Sunday11 Jun, 2023Thursday22 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,809
- Tuesday13 Jun, 2023Saturday24 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,809
- Thursday15 Jun, 2023Monday26 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,809
- Saturday17 Jun, 2023Wednesday28 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,809
- Sunday18 Jun, 2023Thursday29 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,809
- Tuesday20 Jun, 2023Saturday1 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,809
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Ethiopian BirrEthiopia
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand you will need an adaptor for types D, M, L, J. As a traveller from South Africa you will need an adaptor for types L, J.
- Type DEthiopia
- Type MEthiopia
- Type LEthiopia
- Type JEthiopia
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Cholera - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Meningococcal meningitis - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 3 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before July 31st, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after July 31st, 2023, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Ethio ToursByLocals. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Ethio ToursByLocals will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Ethio ToursByLocals" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Ethio ToursByLocals. Please familiarise yourself with the Ethio ToursByLocals payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Ethiopia
- Complete Safari Packing List: Clothes, Medicines, Gear & Essentials
- Wildebeest Migration in Africa 2022 (incl. Migration Map)
- 10 Best Adventure Tour and Travel Companies
- 10 Best Budget Adventure Tours 2023/2024
- Ethiopia from Addis Ababa
- Ethiopia Active Adventure
- Small group tour
- 12 days Ethiopia
- Operators in Africa
- 12 Days Ethiopia's Historic North simen Trekking and Danakil Depression Tours in Ethiopia
- Active Adventure Tours
- Amhara Tours
- Ethiopia Tours
- Africa Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Private Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Ethiopia tours