Start planning your tour
- Day 1: Start trip in San Jose
- Day 2: Visit the Irazu volcano; try cheese at a local dairy farm
- Day 3: Free day; optional white water rafting
- Day 4: Journey by bus and boat to Tortuguero National Park
- Day 5: Full day to explore the park searching for wildlife
- Day 6: Drive to Sarapiqui; Visit La Tirimbina for a chocolate tour
- Day 7: Walk in Sarapiqui's rainforest; drive to Arenal
- Day 8: Search for wildlife in Arenal; afternoon cooking lesson
- Day 9: Free day to explore Arenal
- Day 10: Drive to Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve; evening night walk
- Day 11: Nature walk in the cloud forest searching for wildlife; optional zip wire
- Day 12: Drive south to the Pacific Coast
- Day 13: Explore Manuel Antonio National Park's forest and beaches
- Day 14: Free morning; return to San Jose by bus
- Day 15: Trip ends in San Jose
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingGood
- TransportRather poor
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- ABeverleyMay 17, 2019This was a well planned trip which we did enjoy although the unseasonally wet weather and a couple of damp rooms made part of the first week feel more like an endurance test than a holiday. Fortunately the good weather in the second week helped!Trip date: January 2018Review collected by Explore!
- ALynneMay 17, 2019This was our first trip with explore and we are definately looking to do some more in the future. Very professional and well organised. If there are any discounts to encourage us the book please let me know.Trip date: January 2018Review collected by Explore!
- ADavidMay 17, 2019It was a real shame that the nature walks had so little nature I.e. limited numbers of birds and mammals. The parks/walks were probably over populated with visitors which meant a limited amount of wildlife.Trip date: December 2017Review collected by Explore!
- AJonathanMay 17, 2019Needs to be made clear that Costa Rica is not a cheap country, food and drink is quite expensive eg first hotel paid $5s for a small beer.Trip date: January 2018Review collected by Explore!
- ABeverleyMay 17, 2019Forgot to mention that Jose was also very considerate and helpful with luggage even tho we were meant to be self sufficientTrip date: January 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AHilaryMay 17, 2019I want to go back to Costa Rica so thank you for giving us such a wonderful trip.Trip date: January 2019Review collected by Explore!
- FMFrankFebruary 24, 2019There were many days where a lot of time was spent driving to get to our next expedition and destination. We seemed to be going to out of the way places for meals that were average and expensive(it smelled of kickbacks). A lot of repetition in trail... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewHi Frank, Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry that this trip didn’t rate highly for you as we would have liked. The accommodation and the itinerary overall is normally well received, so it’s a shame this wasn’t your experience. On reviewing the... Show moreTrip date: February 2019
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Costa Rica - Coast to Coast (Parador)
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- December 2019
- January 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- July 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- April 2021
- July 2021
- October 2021
- November 2021
- December 2021
STARTENDSEATS LEFT PRICE
- SaturdayJan 18, 2020from San Jose15 DaysSaturdayFeb 1, 2020to San Jose5 seats leftUSD $3,780Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayMar 14, 2020from San Jose15 DaysSaturdayMar 28, 2020to San Jose10+ seats leftUSD $3,780Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayApr 4, 2020from San Jose15 DaysSaturdayApr 18, 2020to San Jose10+ seats leftUSD $3,780Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayJul 25, 2020from San Jose15 DaysSaturdayAug 8, 2020to San Jose10+ seats leftUSD $3,910Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayOct 31, 2020from San Jose15 DaysSaturdayNov 14, 2020to San Jose10+ seats leftUSD $4,050Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayDec 26, 2020from San Jose15 DaysSaturdayJan 9, 2021to San Jose10+ seats leftUSD $4,180Sharing a twin room
Frequently asked questions
- Do I need a visa for this tour?
- Is travel insurance recommended?
- Is there a guide?
- Are meals included?
- Is transport included?
Good to know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar