Hiking to Ethiopian Highest pick Simien Mountains
- Tour Operator:
- Tankwa Tours and Travel Agency
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 12 to 80
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1 FLY ADDIS ABABA Gonder- EXPLORE camelot of Africa
- Day 2 drive Gonder- Simien MOUNTAINS (unesco) TREK TO SANKABER
- Day 3 trek sankaber- geech
- Day 4 trek geech- IMET GOGO- SAHA- GEECH
- Day 5 trek geech- CHENEK VIA KEDADIT
- Day 6 trek CHENEK- BWAHIT RAS- AMBIQO
- Day 7 trek AMBIQO- RAS DASHIN (HIGHEST PICK 4620 MASL) - AMBIQO
- Day 8 trek AMBIQO- CHENEK
- Day 9 drive CHENEK- GONDER ON THE WAY ETHIOPIAN JEW VILLAGE
- Day 10 FLY GONDAR- AADDIS ABABA- MAKE CITY TOUR-DEPARTURE
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Tankwa Tours and Travel Agency
Are you looking for an enjoyable experience that will provide a lifetime of memories? Welcome to the land of origins, Ethiopia! We are an Ethiopia Premium Tour Operator and offer group tours as well as a wide range of tailor-made Ethiopia cultural and historic tours, photo safaris, animal- and bird watching trips, desert- and mountain trekking, Food tours/cooking class, Eco-tourism and family-friendly tours, boat and car rentals, booking accommodation, event management/organization, providing domestic and international airline Tickets, customizing tours and travels throughout Ethiopia, Local agent for tour and travel bookings. You may be assured that your holiday with us will be an experience of a lifetime. TANKWA tours & travel agency is one of the best and responsible tour operators in Ethiopia. It was founded in 2013. It is equipped with competent and resourceful staff (tour operators, responsible English, German and French speaking tour guides, cooks specialized in Western and Asian Dishes, well experienced boat and car drivers and responsive management are enable us to offer quality tour services and competitive price that meets the expectations of our customers. Our Vision To be one of the leading tour and travel companies in ETHIOPIA. Insight Ethiopia one of the tourist paradise countries in Africa by promoting Ethiopia’s hidden treasures by giving our history a future. Our Mission By offering a first class, personal service and using our local knowledge, experience and contacts, we are proud to SERVE our customers with tailor-made solutions and alike . Service Our customers come first and we work to the highest operational standards in order to exceed the expectations of our customers. Depending on clients interest, we customize any type tour and related services requests. In addition to the tour operation services, we also offer car & boat rentals, hotel bookings, ticketing, visa facilitation, and conference organizing and transfer services. We have been working closely and in partnership with domestic and international tour operators. We work very closely in collaboration with high rated hotels, lodges, and related tourist facility owners, which enable us to plan and execute wide range, enjoyable and comfortable services to our clients. Excellence We deliver excellence to our travel partners and our mutual customers through the development of quality systems and continued focus on smarter ways of working. Respect We work together with our partners and suppliers with respect and integrity to develop and maintain long lasting and mutually beneficial working relationships. Value Using our strengths, we deliver value to our customers by offering quality, innovative and value for money products and services. Environment We will operate to minimize negative and enhance positive environmental, social and economic impact ensuring the long term eco-friendly and community sustainability of our business and of the resources on which we depend.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- SShawultyTsega· July 18th, 2019A wonderful and extremely memorable trek. we enjoy Simien mountains and the itinerary is well designed. Made fun day bay! the scenery and the many local people that you meet make it all worthwhile. The scenery is amazing and surprisingly varied. Our... Show moreTankwa Tours and Travel Agency commented on this reviewHi ShawultyTsega! Thank you for taking your time to leave feedback for your trip with us and letting us to served you! We do appreciate for your helpful and positive review and are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your trip. We are excited to hear... Show moreTrip date: June 2019
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Monday3 Apr, 2023Wednesday12 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,500
- Tuesday4 Apr, 2023Thursday13 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,500
- Wednesday5 Apr, 2023Friday14 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,500
- Thursday6 Apr, 2023Saturday15 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,500
- Friday7 Apr, 2023Sunday16 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,500
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday8 Apr, 2023Monday17 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,500
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday9 Apr, 2023Tuesday18 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,500
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday10 Apr, 2023Wednesday19 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,500
- Get Instant ConfirmationTuesday11 Apr, 2023Thursday20 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,500
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday12 Apr, 2023Friday21 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,500
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Ethiopian BirrEthiopia
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand you will need an adaptor for types D, M, L, J. As a traveller from South Africa you will need an adaptor for types L, J.
- Type DEthiopia
- Type MEthiopia
- Type LEthiopia
- Type JEthiopia
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Cholera - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Meningococcal meningitis - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 3 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 30th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 30th, 2023, a minimum payment of 5% is required to confirm your booking with Tankwa Tours and Travel Agency. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tankwa Tours and Travel Agency will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Tankwa Tours and Travel Agency" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Tankwa Tours and Travel Agency. Please familiarise yourself with the Tankwa Tours and Travel Agency payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Ethiopia
- Complete Safari Packing List: Clothes, Medicines, Gear & Essentials
- Wildebeest Migration in Africa 2022 (incl. Migration Map)
- 10 Best Hiking & Trekking Companies
- Your Guide to Planning a Private Hike 2023/2024
- Best Hiking Tours in The World 2023/2024
- Ethiopia from Gondar
- Ethiopia Hiking & Trekking
- Small group tour
- 10 days Ethiopia
- Operators in Africa
- Simien Mountains National Park
- Hiking to Ethiopian Highest pick Simien Mountains Tours in Ethiopia
- Hiking & Trekking Tours
- Amhara Tours
- Ethiopia Tours
- Hiking & Trekking Tours
- Private Tours
- Group Tours
- Partially Guided Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Simien Mountains National Park
- Ethiopia tours