Heading to visit Ethiopia's historic sites
- Tour Operator:
- Tankwa Tours and Travel Agency
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 12 to 90
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1 Addis Ababa
- Day 2 Bahir Dar - Lake Tana and monasteries
- Day 3 Bahir Dar - Blue Nile falls
- Day 4 Bahir Dar - Gorgora
- Day 5 Gondar
- Day 6 Simien Mountains National Park
- Day 7 Simien Mountains National Park
- Day 8 Axum
- Day 9 Axum
- Day 10 Lalibela
- Day 11 Lalibela
- Day 12 Addis Ababa
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Tankwa Tours and Travel Agency
Are you looking for an enjoyable experience that will provide a lifetime of memories? Welcome to the land of origins, Ethiopia! We are an Ethiopia Premium Tour Operator and offer group tours as well as a wide range of tailor-made Ethiopia cultural and historic tours, photo safaris, animal- and bird watching trips, desert- and mountain trekking, Food tours/cooking class, Eco-tourism and family-friendly tours, boat and car rentals, booking accommodation, event management/organization, providing domestic and international airline Tickets, customizing tours and travels throughout Ethiopia, Local agent for tour and travel bookings. You may be assured that your holiday with us will be an experience of a lifetime. TANKWA tours & travel agency is one of the best and responsible tour operators in Ethiopia. It was founded in 2013. It is equipped with competent and resourceful staff (tour operators, responsible English, German and French speaking tour guides, cooks specialized in Western and Asian Dishes, well experienced boat and car drivers and responsive management are enable us to offer quality tour services and competitive price that meets the expectations of our customers. Our Vision To be one of the leading tour and travel companies in ETHIOPIA. Insight Ethiopia one of the tourist paradise countries in Africa by promoting Ethiopia’s hidden treasures by giving our history a future. Our Mission By offering a first class, personal service and using our local knowledge, experience and contacts, we are proud to SERVE our customers with tailor-made solutions and alike . Service Our customers come first and we work to the highest operational standards in order to exceed the expectations of our customers. Depending on clients interest, we customize any type tour and related services requests. In addition to the tour operation services, we also offer car & boat rentals, hotel bookings, ticketing, visa facilitation, and conference organizing and transfer services. We have been working closely and in partnership with domestic and international tour operators. We work very closely in collaboration with high rated hotels, lodges, and related tourist facility owners, which enable us to plan and execute wide range, enjoyable and comfortable services to our clients. Excellence We deliver excellence to our travel partners and our mutual customers through the development of quality systems and continued focus on smarter ways of working. Respect We work together with our partners and suppliers with respect and integrity to develop and maintain long lasting and mutually beneficial working relationships. Value Using our strengths, we deliver value to our customers by offering quality, innovative and value for money products and services. Environment We will operate to minimize negative and enhance positive environmental, social and economic impact ensuring the long term eco-friendly and community sustainability of our business and of the resources on which we depend.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- LLisaKhl· March 29th, 2021We did a boat tour to the Monasteries on lake Tana and visited the Nile Falls. A special thanks to our guide Tiruneh who showed us the monasteries because he was a great story teller. The tour was smoothly organized, guides and drivers were very... Show moreTankwa Tours and Travel Agency commented on this reviewHi LisaKhl!, Thank you very much for taking your time to leave such a positive review about your amazing trip (boat trip on Lake Tana and Nile falls) with us. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful and naturally endowed country ETHIOPIA... Show moreTrip date: March 2021
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Sunday4 Jun, 2023Thursday15 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,320
- Monday5 Jun, 2023Friday16 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,320
- Tuesday6 Jun, 2023Saturday17 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,320
- Wednesday7 Jun, 2023Sunday18 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,320
- Thursday8 Jun, 2023Monday19 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,320
- Get Instant ConfirmationFriday9 Jun, 2023Tuesday20 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,320
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday10 Jun, 2023Wednesday21 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,320
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday11 Jun, 2023Thursday22 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,320
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday12 Jun, 2023Friday23 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,320
- Get Instant ConfirmationTuesday13 Jun, 2023Saturday24 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,320
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Ethiopian BirrEthiopia
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand you will need an adaptor for types D, M, L, J. As a traveller from South Africa you will need an adaptor for types L, J.
- Type DEthiopia
- Type MEthiopia
- Type LEthiopia
- Type JEthiopia
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Cholera - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Meningococcal meningitis - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 3 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever - Recommended for Ethiopia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before July 31st, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after July 31st, 2023, a minimum payment of 5% is required to confirm your booking with Tankwa Tours and Travel Agency. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tankwa Tours and Travel Agency will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Tankwa Tours and Travel Agency" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Tankwa Tours and Travel Agency. Please familiarise yourself with the Tankwa Tours and Travel Agency payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Ethiopia
- Complete Safari Packing List: Clothes, Medicines, Gear & Essentials
- Wildebeest Migration in Africa 2022 (incl. Migration Map)
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Ethiopia from Addis Ababa
- Ethiopia In-depth Cultural
- Small group tour
- 12 days Ethiopia
- Operators in Africa
- Heading to visit Ethiopia's historic sites Tours in Ethiopia
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Amhara Tours
- Ethiopia Tours
- Africa Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Private Tours
- Group Tours
- Partially Guided Tours
- Historical Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Ethiopia tours