- Our saving
- US $ 1,417
- St Petersburg
- Experience the grandeur of Moscow
- Discover the beauty of ancient Suzdal
- Study the grace of St Petersburg
- Find the heart of enigmatic Russia
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Local Transport
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- LindaWritten on August 26, 20184.0 - GoodEnjoyed our Russian tour.Show detailed ratings
- JTJimWritten on July 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentFantastic trip. Very glad we went to four citiesShow detailed ratings
- CLCheeWritten on June 29, 20174.5 - ExcellentAs expected, Intrepid has proven to be a reliable company with great organised tour. Great leader who knows Russia well.Show detailed ratings
- ABAndreaWritten on October 16, 20164.0 - GoodRussian Highlights was excellent. Our family loved the country and our guide Ira made it a stress-free holiday. The small number ensured that we had time to get know one another. Being in Jeff's guest-house enabled our group to get to know one another more quickly than if we stayed all the time in a hotel. Ira's lesson on Russian language was fun and educational. The traditional dinner at Lena's house was enjoyable and having tea with a local family showed the contrasts. The only negative was that some of the local guides were quite robotic in their presentation of information. No time for questions and it seemed that they had a script that had to be read and finished. This will not be our last visit to Russia.Show detailed ratings
- SimonWritten on August 27, 20163.5 - GoodStrange itineray, a lot of Time wasted in transportation for visiting 2 countryside cities. For russian people could be interesting but for foreigners, less. Would i liked to discover more Moscow and the real urban life not just the Kremlin area. The leader was very nice, the problem is the itineray and the design of this trip.Show detailed ratings
- MKMDWritten on April 30, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis trip took me from the hectic and utterly unique Moscow metropolis to the more refined St Petersburg, with several fascinating stops in between. I traveled during the summer, and the Russian countryside was brimming with flowers, street vendors were selling wild strawberries, and all the gold leafed onion domes of the churches were glowing in the sun. Our leader was super energetic and friendly, and taught us a bit of Russian. The overnight train journey was a real treat, whooshing through the dark forests of Russia while learning card games from locals was a night of a lifetime!Show detailed ratings
- VRVickyWritten on April 22, 20164.0 - GoodThis was a brilliant holiday. Our guide Yulia was fantastic and the balance of included stuff and free time was just right for us as we were a bit worried about travelling in group, but I'd really recommend it. Loved Moscow, and would suggest being there a day or two early to really explore the city. The hotels were fine, no frills, but you don't spend much time in them anyway so why pay more when all you're doing is sleeping there. The overnight train was fun. Don't expect many people to know English which is why the group tour worked for us.Show detailed ratings
- IanWritten on July 20, 20144.0 - GoodI enjoyed my trip to Russia, but my experience has now been soured by recent events in Ukraine. I would recommend all tourists reconsider their desire to visit Russia at momentShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Moscow
- Day 2: Suzdal
- Day 3: Suzdal - Moscow
- Day 4: Moscow - Overnight Train
- Day 5: Novgorod
- Day 6: St Petersburg
- Day 7: St Petersburg
- Day 8: St Petersburg
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How do I get my Russian Visa?
Intrepid can help you by sending you some information on the visa process.
You will be responsible for getting your own Russian visa for this trip. It is best to contact your local embassy and get them to advise you about how you can get this visa.
35 travellers met before going on their Intrepid Travel Russia Highlights tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 16th April 20191 comment"Looking into this trip. Anyone else out there interested?"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- WednesdayOct 31, 2018from Moscow8 DaysWednesdayNov 7, 2018to St Petersburg7 seats left$198$1,615-12%USD $1,417
- WednesdayApr 10, 2019from Moscow8 DaysWednesdayApr 17, 2019to St Petersburg10+ seats left$40USD $1,555
- WednesdayApr 17, 2019from Moscow8 DaysWednesdayApr 24, 2019to St Petersburg10+ seats left$40USD $1,555
- WednesdayApr 24, 2019from Moscow8 DaysWednesdayMay 1, 2019to St Petersburg10+ seats left$40USD $1,555
- WednesdayMay 1, 2019from Moscow8 DaysWednesdayMay 8, 2019to St Petersburg10+ seats left$40USD $1,555
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Moscow8 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to St Petersburg10+ seats left$40USD $1,555
- WednesdayMay 15, 2019from Moscow8 DaysWednesdayMay 22, 2019to St Petersburg10+ seats left$40USD $1,555
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Moscow8 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to St Petersburg10+ seats left$40USD $1,555
- WednesdayMay 22, 2019from Moscow8 DaysWednesdayMay 29, 2019to St Petersburg10+ seats left$42USD $1,618
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Moscow8 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to St Petersburg10+ seats left$42USD $1,618
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Russia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Moscow is the starting point and St Petersburg is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 December 2018 the full payment of $1,417 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1417 for Russia Highlights, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Moscow (Russia)
- 191 km
- Suzdal (Russia)
- 191 km
- Moscow (Russia)
- 490 km
- Novgorod (Russia)
- 165 km
- St Petersburg (Russia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,417 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,492 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Russia Highlights
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers