Start planning your tour
- Stay in the highest village at Picos de Europa
- Trek to the base of the iconic Naranjo De Bulnes
- Walk along cliff-cut pathways in a spectacular gorge
- Enjoy stunning alpine views on the ascent to Aldea Col
- Day 1: Join trip at Bilbao Airport. Drive to the tranquil mountain town of Sotres
- Day 2: Spectacular ridge walk with views of all three massifs of the Picos National Park
- Day 3: Trek to Vega de Urriello Refuge at the foot of the iconic Naranjo de Bulnes mountain
- Day 4: Hike through beech forest to Treviso. Drive to the medieval town of Potes.
- Day 5: Take the spectacular Fuente De Cable Car, walk down into the Aliva valley.
- Day 6: Trek through the imposing Cares Gorge to Cain
- Day 7: Ascend Trasmacondiu Col (1,850m). Picnic lunch on the Andara Vegas pastures
- Day 8: Drive to Bilbao Airport
- Overall RatingGood
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- DDianeSeptember 21, 2019Definitely on the upper end of 'moderate'. The descriptions in the program are not particularly accurate and there is much more uphill than advertised. The Cares gorge is a good path but with a very sheer drop at the side. You need a good head for... Show moreTrip date: September 2019
- SsnowSeptember 18, 2019The walks are a bit more difficult than they seem as the ascent isn't always included in the description so others not used to walking holidays found it hard going.Trip date: August 2019
- AJohnMay 17, 2019Food at Sotres was plentiful and tasty, but as part of an active holiday it wasn't that healthy as there was a distinct absence of vegetables.eg one dinner was meat chips AND boiled potatoes with no vegetables. However, given the rural mountain aspect I... Show moreTrip date: June 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AHughMay 17, 2019Exceeded my expectations. What a fantastic area. Lots of tough, steep walking, much of it downhill. Some of the best walking I have ever done, including the best footpath I have ever walked - downhill from Tresviso to Urdon.Trip date: May 2018Review collected by Explore!
- ASusanMay 17, 2019My only suggestion is to replace the plastic bags and forks used for the picnic lunches with cotton bags or similar, and wooden forksTrip date: June 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AMarkMay 17, 2019Beautiful mountain scenery. Tough, but enjoyable walks. Plentiful home cooked food. Excellent value for money as well.Trip date: June 2018Review collected by Explore!
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Trekking in the Picos de Europa (2020)
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2020
- June 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
STARTENDSEATS LEFT PRICE
- SaturdayMay 16, 2020from Bilbao8 DaysSaturdayMay 23, 2020to Bilbao10+ seats leftUSD $1,240Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayJun 6, 2020from Bilbao8 DaysSaturdayJun 13, 2020to Bilbao10+ seats leftUSD $1,240Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayJun 20, 2020from Bilbao8 DaysSaturdayJun 27, 2020to Bilbao10+ seats leftUSD $1,240Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayAug 15, 2020from Bilbao8 DaysSaturdayAug 22, 2020to Bilbao10+ seats leftUSD $1,240Sharing a twin room
- SaturdaySep 5, 2020from Bilbao8 DaysSaturdaySep 12, 2020to Bilbao10+ seats leftUSD $1,240Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayOct 17, 2020from Bilbao8 DaysSaturdayOct 24, 2020to Bilbao10+ seats leftUSD $1,240Sharing a twin room
Frequently asked questions
- Can you cater for dietary requirements?
- Do I need a visa for this tour?
- Is travel insurance recommended?
- Is there a guide?
- Are meals included?
Good to know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar