- Our saving
- US $ 1,727
- Enjoy a picnic at the Eiffel Tower
- Ride the Jungfraubahn railway
- Drink wine in the Rhône Valley
- Make a wish at the Trevi Fountain
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Bungalow
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- KyleWritten on July 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentOverall, the trip was excellent! The guide, Annie, was knowledgeable and fun! Most of the accommodation was excellent and clean, although I was not a fan of Wombats in London (which was where the tour begun in the morning, so no nights were actually provided there), and one night in France had accommodation that wasn't the cleanest. The trip is full of long (6-8hrs between major stops) but honestly this is alright considering just how much is packed into the trip. Every stop on the tour has something unique and fun to offer, whether you're the partying type or not. The only thing I would recommend against is going to Wayne''s Bar in Nice, although that may be personal taste. You can always just check it out and leave early if you don't enjoy it.Show detailed ratings
- JJackWritten on June 4, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy Topdeck trip was everything I could have wished it would be and more with Jess as our tour guide .Jess has such a great bubbly personality filled with her informed knowledge about everything you venture across as part of the tour ,you definitely get more than just a tour guide.On my 14 day Roman Chariot tour I was made feel more than welcome by Jess and could ask her absaloutely anything ,I feel that Jess' previous experiences within these countries we visited added to our trip as we knew all the best sites,tourist attractions and hot spots to go visit. Jess is without a doubt the best tour guide I've ever came across, having never a dull moment when she's around.Show detailed ratings
- SSofiaWritten on December 16, 20164.5 - ExcellentBeing in Europe with Jonhnny and the crew was amazing! all the detailes and attention that he gave to us made the difference!Show detailed ratings
- OOmarWritten on December 16, 20165.0 - ExcellentI have been on a lot of tours and Johnny was hands down the most down to earth and easy going tour guide. Was always straight up and didn't sugar coat anything. Loved every minute. I admire his unstoppable enthusiasm and limitless passion for not only the cities he visits but the people he visits it with.Show detailed ratings
- JJessieWritten on December 16, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe top deck tour my partner and I went on was absolutely awesome, I wish we had done the full 30 day trip to be honest. Johnny really made the experience better then what we had hope for, he went above and beyond to make everyone feel welcome and at home. (Even the shy ones) He was a real jokester and party animal at times, but was also very knowledgeable about the places we visited. I felt completely safe the whole 2 weeks, would do it again in a heart beat.Show detailed ratings
- DDavidWritten on December 16, 20164.0 - GoodMy friends and I had a wonderful time in Europe for 2 weeks with Johnny as our trip leader. Not only Johnny was informative, organize and fun to be with, he always went the extra mile to make sure his group got the most out of wherever we went. If I ever have chance to go on a Topdeck tour again, without a heartbeat I would choose Johnny as my leader again. Go Johnny!!!Show detailed ratings
- KKatieWritten on December 10, 20164.0 - GoodMy Top Deck your was great and despite all the European sights being beautiful I think the best part of the trip was the wonderful people. Most of all our amazing tour leader Johnny. He was so much more than I ever could have expected. Lovely and friendly from the outset. He was so knowledgeable about the places we were traveling with his history podcasts! He always had handy hints on how to be skip lines and make the most out of our touristing. He did such a great job of bringing our group together, Keeping our spirits high on the long coach trips and generally being an all round top bloke. Anyone who travels with Johnny in the 2017 season is in for a treat!Show detailed ratings
- HGhalinaWritten on December 23, 20155.0 - ExcellentTop deck is a great option if you want to see a lot of places in a short time. It's well organised and your tour guide and bus driver are full of knowledge and there to help every step of the way.Show detailed ratings
- HollyWritten on October 7, 20154.0 - GoodAll in all a pretty amazing trip. Most of the accommodation was all good except one where I didn't get a hot shower at all. Hardest part was leaving all the people who continued on their tour after the two weeks with them!Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewHi there, Glad you had an amazing Roman Chariot trip with us. Sorry about the cold shower with your one accommodation. Hopefully see you again soon. Topdeck :)
- KahliWritten on September 26, 2014Show detailed ratings5.0 - Excellent
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London, England to Paris, France
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Swiss Alps, Switzerland
- Day 4: Swiss Alps
- Day 5: Swiss Alps to Avignon, France
- Day 6: Avignon to Barcelona, Spain
- Day 7: Barcelona
- Day 8: Barcelona to French Riviera, France
- Day 9: French Riviera including Monaco visit
- Day 10: French Riviera to Florence, Italy
- Day 11: Florence
- Day 12: Florence to Rome
- Day 13: Rome
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
What if I don't want to stay at the campsite, can I upgrade my accommodation into hotels?
There wont be any accommodation upgrade option on this trip.
If this trip isn't quite what you were looking for, we still have plenty of fantastic tours. Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
- July 19, 2016
What sort of accommodation will I stay on during this trip?
You will stay in same sex multi share accommodation. A combination of modern hostels situated close to the action, cabins at European campsites and bungalows.
- June 11, 2015
Can I join the tour in Paris?
Yes it is possible to join this tour in Paris, you will simply meet the group in the late afternoon at the joining point hotel in Paris. The price of the tour will not change, but you will not miss out on any of the Paris activities by selecting to join there. Please indicate at time of booking if you wish to join in Paris or London.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I am half Australian and half Swiss (grew up in Aus). I have been living in Europe for over five years..."
- "Hey guys! My name is Piotr and I have been working as a tour manager (trip leader) since 2013. It is..."
- ""Not all those who wander are lost" From an early age I was always the "wanderer",..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- TuesdayJun 26, 2018from London13 DaysSundayJul 8, 2018to Rome4 seats left$77USD $1,852
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from London13 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to RomeOnly 1 seat left$77USD $1,852
- TuesdayJul 3, 2018from London13 DaysSundayJul 15, 2018to Rome5 seats left$77USD $1,852
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from London13 DaysThursdayJul 19, 2018to Rome7 seats left$77USD $1,852
- TuesdayJul 10, 2018from London13 DaysSundayJul 22, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$77USD $1,852
- TuesdayJul 17, 2018from London13 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to Rome7 seats left$77USD $1,852
- TuesdayJul 24, 2018from London13 DaysSundayAug 5, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$77USD $1,852
- TuesdayJul 31, 2018from London13 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to Rome0 seats left$77USD $1,852Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayAug 7, 2018from London13 DaysSundayAug 19, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$77USD $1,852Book Now Hold my
- TuesdayAug 14, 2018from London13 DaysSundayAug 26, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$72USD $1,727Book Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Spain , Monaco and Italy
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- London is the starting point and Rome is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for Roman Chariot.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 8 August 2018 the full payment of $1,727 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1727 for Roman Chariot, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 43 km
- Calais (France)
- 235 km
- Paris (France)
- 486 km
- Lauterbrunnen (Switzerland)
- 382 km
- Avignon (France)
- 357 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 503 km
- Monaco (Monaco)
- 240 km
- Pisa (Italy)
- 69 km
- Florence (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,727 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,605 tours in Europe
- covered by 226 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 15 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Roman Chariot