Red Star Special
- Our saving
- US $ 4,750
- Rather Poor
- AAnonymousWritten on November 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
One of the best trips I've been on! Awesome crew, amazing places and the best people ever!
- KatieWritten on November 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Jemma was an amazing guide. We had a great trip and saw some awesome sights! I would recommend this tour to anyone!
- DDyllonWebsterWritten on November 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Best tour I ever did
- AAmandaWritten on November 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great tour with a great road crew which made the trip all the more fun! Had a great knowledge of destinations, cultures as well as the history and foods. Always had a smile on her face and genuinely wanted to get to know each person on tour while going... Read more
- GRGemmaWritten on October 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Piotr is amazing. I've done a few top decks in my travels and I know there's no such thing as favourites but I absolutely love Piotr. He is so kind, friendly and generous and has such a good heart. I loved every second I spent with Piotr and I wish him all... Read more
- LWLauraWritten on September 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I went on a Red Star Special with Judes and she made the whole experience phenomenal. Every day she must full of beans and always making sure every single one of us was having the time of our lives!!
- DEDafyddWritten on September 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Judes was a amazing and very knowledge trip leader. She very passion about her job and and she make sure every person on tour get the best experience of it.
- NNicolaWritten on September 17, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Judes was an absolute champion. So knowledgable, suck integrity and so good at what she does. Would love to have Judes as a tour leader again!
- MichaelWritten on August 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
What a Tour. Beautiful sceneries and awesome people. I seriously had one of my best times in my life. The people were less into parties than on other tours but still we had a lot of fun nights along the way in the capitals or the way up Norway at one of our... Read more
- KathrynWritten on August 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I just got home after 11 weeks away and the Red Star Special was the ultimate way to spend the last half of my trip. First of all, if you are going to go on one of the Scandi trips, do the whole trip if you can afford it! It is absolutely worth it 100%, I... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Berlin, Germany
- Day 2: Berlin
- Day 3: Berlin to Copenhagen, Denmark
- Day 4: Copenhagen
- Day 5: Copenhagen to Stockholm, Sweden
- Day 6: Stockholm
- Day 7: Stockholm
- Day 8: Stockholm to Oslo, Norway
- Day 9: Oslo
- Day 10: Oslo to Åndalsnes, via Lillehammer
- Day 11: Åndalsnes
- Day 12: Åndalsnes to Steinkjer, via Trondheim/Hell
- Day 13: Steinkjer to Bjerka
- Day 14: Bjerka to Tysfjord, via Svartisen Glacier
- Day 15: Tysfjord to Skibotn
- Day 16: Skibotn to Olderfjord
- Day 17: Olderfjord
- Day 18: Olderfjord to Rovaniemi, Finland
- Day 19: Rovaniemi to Jyvaskyla
- Day 20: Jyvaskyla to Helsinki
- Day 21: Helsinki to Tallinn, Estonia
- Day 22: Tallinn
- Day 23: Tallinn to St. Petersburg, Russia
- Day 24: St. Petersburg
- Day 25: St. Petersburg
- Day 26: St. Petersburg to Novgorod
- Day 27: Novgorod to Moscow
- Day 28: Moscow
- Day 29: Moscow
- Day 30: Moscow to Velikiye Luki
- Day 31: Velikiye Luki to Riga, Latvia
- Day 32: Riga
- Day 33: Riga to Vilnius, Lithuania
- Day 34: Vilnius to Warsaw, Poland
- Day 35: Warsaw
- Day 36: Warsaw to Berlin, Germany
- Day 37: Berlin
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Travel to Scandinavia with Topdeck
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What does the food fund cover?
Food fund for Red Star Special covers all included group meals while you are on the trip. This tour includes all breakfasts and some fresh lunches lunches while travelling - which means you can save on expensive lunches from motorway service stations and enjoy higher quality food. Meals at local restaurants are also included giving you the opportunity to try local cuisines. The food fund needs to be paid upfront before the departure.
Do people usually go with people they know, or can you go alone and still make friends?
Both! Some people do travel with their friends/ partners and others travel alone - it is usually a good mix on Topdeck trips. There are normally quite a few solo travellers and it is very easy to make friends and have a good time on the trip! Your tour guide will try to make everyone interact and have the time of their life on tour whether it be through group activities, nights out, games, walking tours etc
I am wanting to book this tour through TourRadar, will you honour the tour operators promotional price?
Yes, we will honour all valid operator promotional prices.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Work hard, play hard, be kind, travel, travel, travel some more.....oh and always try the local food..."
- "Hi! I'm Elise and I've been working for Topdeck for a few years now. I'm absolutely addicted to Europe..."
- "Hey there - my name is Judes and I am a Maltese Australian working as a European Trip Leader with Topdeck..."
- "Hey guys! My name is Piotr and I have been working as a tour manager (trip leader) since 2013. It is..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Debra24th November 2018
Red Star Special
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- SundayMay 5, 2019from Berlin37 DaysMondayJun 10, 2019to Trondheim10+ seats left$599$5,349-11%USD $4,750
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Berlin37 DaysMondayJun 17, 2019to Trondheim0 seats left$214USD $5,135
- SundayMay 19, 2019from Berlin37 DaysMondayJun 24, 2019to Trondheim10+ seats left$633$5,649-11%USD $5,016
- SundayMay 26, 2019from Berlin37 DaysMondayJul 1, 2019to Trondheim0 seats left$226USD $5,423
- SundayJun 2, 2019from Berlin37 DaysMondayJul 8, 2019to Trondheim10+ seats left$633$5,649-11%USD $5,016
- SundayJun 9, 2019from Berlin37 DaysMondayJul 15, 2019to Trondheim0 seats left$226USD $5,423
- SundayJun 16, 2019from Berlin37 DaysMondayJul 22, 2019to Trondheim10+ seats left$666$5,949-11%USD $5,283
- SundayJun 23, 2019from Berlin37 DaysMondayJul 29, 2019to Trondheim0 seats left$238USD $5,711
- SundayJun 30, 2019from Berlin37 DaysMondayAug 5, 2019to Trondheim10+ seats left$666$5,949-11%USD $5,283
- SundayJul 7, 2019from Berlin37 DaysMondayAug 12, 2019to Trondheim0 seats left$238USD $5,711
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany , Finland , Estonia , Latvia and Lithuania
- KroneDenmark and Norway
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Estonia, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Estonia, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Russia, Latvia and Lithuania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Russia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Berlin is the starting point and Trondheim is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for Red Star Special.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 4 March 2019 the full payment of $4,750 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4750 for Red Star Special, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Berlin (Germany)
- 355 km
- Copenhagen (Denmark)
- 522 km
- Stockholm (Sweden)
- 416 km
- Oslo (Norway)
- 135 km
- Lillehammer (Norway)
- 218 km
- Andalsnes (Norway)
- 167 km
- Trondheim (Norway)
- 85 km
- Steinkjer (Norway)
- 504 km
- Tysfjord (Norway)
- 215 km
- Skibotn (Norway)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,750 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,152 tours in Europe
- covered by 329 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 26 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Red Star Special