Red Star Special 2018 (Andalsnes)
- Rather Poor
- GRGemmaWritten on October 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentPiotr is amazing. I've done a few top decks in my travels and I know there's no such thing as favourites but I absolutely love Piotr. He is so kind, friendly and generous and has such a good heart. I loved every second I spent with Piotr and I wish him all the best he deserves it. Also gabby and chels were great as well!Show detailed ratings
- LWLauraWritten on September 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentI went on a Red Star Special with Judes and she made the whole experience phenomenal. Every day she must full of beans and always making sure every single one of us was having the time of our lives!!Show detailed ratings
- DEDafyddWritten on September 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentJudes was a amazing and very knowledge trip leader. She very passion about her job and and she make sure every person on tour get the best experience of it.Show detailed ratings
- NNicolaWritten on September 17, 20174.5 - ExcellentJudes was an absolute champion. So knowledgable, suck integrity and so good at what she does. Would love to have Judes as a tour leader again!Show detailed ratings
- MichaelWritten on August 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentWhat a Tour. Beautiful sceneries and awesome people. I seriously had one of my best times in my life. The people were less into parties than on other tours but still we had a lot of fun nights along the way in the capitals or the way up Norway at one of our many bonfires. The busrides were easy too. You'll be in a bus for 200h but you'll fall in love with it because it is the only time really where you have the time to relax. There is just so much to do and see along the way. Book it, you won't regret it. There are 5 tours on this trip so there are lots of people leaving and joining the tour. We were somewhere between 11 and 35 people on the bus.Show detailed ratings
- KathrynWritten on August 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentI just got home after 11 weeks away and the Red Star Special was the ultimate way to spend the last half of my trip. First of all, if you are going to go on one of the Scandi trips, do the whole trip if you can afford it! It is absolutely worth it 100%, I wish I could relive it again! Most people agreed that Norway was the absolute highlight overall. You basically spend the whole week working your way North to chase that bloody majestic midnight sun! The time you spend with your topdeck mates this week will grow you super close as you are quite isolated! We mostly played games, set up campfire, helped our on road chef cook our meals, drink by the lakes, and incredible walks (Svartisen Glacier highlight of Norway for me) The scenery is like something out of a dream, you dont want to be sleeping on the bus that week! Important to pack: bug spray, towel, sleeping bag, pillow case, a good quality rain coat, playing cards, speaker, washing powder (double bag a ziplock) portable charger for your phone and if you use a gopro/camera, bring several memory cards and extra batteries! Empty Water bottle is very handy - just dont drink the water in Russia My top highlights: Andalsnes - Trolls pass Geiranger Fjord Svartisen Glacier Midnight Sun (if you are going to book this tour you would be insane not to do this optional) What I didnt like: The food in Russia. Keep your expectations low The Russian Ballet (the folk show was so much better and half the price) Santas Workshop is a bit of a joke I budgeted $100 Australian dollars per day for spending money and that got me through without me having to worry about how much I was spending. Also, Aussies that need a Russian Visa, do it yourself and save the dollars. It is not difficult, follow this blog: https://russiau.com/getting-russian-visa-australia/ Couldnt recommend this tour enough!!Show detailed ratings
- SSharonWritten on December 19, 20164.0 - GoodI did Scandinavia and Russia with Piotr, and he is an absolute delight to have as a trip leader. He's always up for some fun and so easy to get along with. He definitely made the trip more interesting and fun.Show detailed ratings
- SSabrinaWritten on May 19, 20165.0 - ExcellentAbsolute trip of a life time! I can't recommend this trip more, everywhere we went was more incredible than ever imagined and I saw places I would probably never have got a chance to see otherwise. Best 5.5 weeks of my life!Show detailed ratings
- EmilyWritten on January 28, 20165.0 - ExcellentI had a fantastic time on this tour, I saw so many amazing places, the meals were amazing thanks to our cook Holly and it was an all around great time. Mihaly, our driver, was great and I always felt safe even on the small winding roads. Our guide Vic was incredible, she knew her stuff, was always organized and great to talk to. I would absolutely recommend this tour to anyone and everyone. It's hard to go wrong with a Topdeck tour.Show detailed ratings
- NNickWritten on January 5, 20164.5 - ExcellentI absolutely loved this trip. The scenery in Scandinavia was stunning and the big cities in Russia had lots of entertainment to offer. The tour leader had a wealth of knowledgeable on the destinations we visited and was always willing to give advice on where to eat, what to visit etc. The rest of the crew was brilliant as well and the guides in Russian were excellent too. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone who wants to visit countries outside of Europe.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Berlin, Germany
- Day 2: Berlin
- Day 3: Berlin to Copenhagen, Denmark
- Day 4: Copenhagen
- Day 5: Copenhagen to Stockholm, Sweden
- Day 6: Stockholm
- Day 7: Stockholm
- Day 8: Stockholm to Oslo, Norway
- Day 9: Oslo
- Day 10: Oslo to Andalsnes
- Day 11: Andalsnes
- Day 12: Andalsnes to Steinkjer
- Day 13: Steinkjer to Bjerka
- Day 14: Bjerka to Tysfjord
- Day 15: Tysfjord to Skibotn
- Day 16: Skibotn to Olderfjord
- Day 17: Olderfjord
- Day 18: Olderfjord to Rovaniemi, Finland
- Day 19: Rovaniemi to Jyvaskyla
- Day 20: Jyvaskyla to Helsinki
- Day 21: Helsinki to Tallinn, Estonia
- Day 22: Tallinn
- Day 23: Tallinn to St. Petersburg, Russia
- Day 24: St. Petersburg
- Day 25: St. Petersburg
- Day 26: St. Petersburg to Novgorod
- Day 27: Novgorod to Moscow
- Day 28: Moscow
- Day 29: Moscow
- Day 30: Moscow to Velikiye Luki
- Day 31: Velikiye Luki to Riga, Latvia
- Day 32: Riga
- Day 33: Riga to Vilnius, Lithuania
- Day 34: Vilnius to Warsaw, Poland
- Day 35: Warsaw
- Day 36: Warsaw to Berlin, Germany
- Day 37: Berlin
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Travel to Scandinavia with Topdeck
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What does the food fund cover?
Food fund for Red Star Special covers all included group meals while you are on the trip. This tour includes all breakfasts and some fresh lunches lunches while travelling - which means you can save on expensive lunches from motorway service stations and enjoy higher quality food. Meals at local restaurants are also included giving you the opportunity to try local cuisines. The food fund needs to be paid upfront before the departure.
Do people usually go with people they know, or can you go alone and still make friends?
Both! Some people do travel with their friends/ partners and others travel alone - it is usually a good mix on Topdeck trips. There are normally quite a few solo travellers and it is very easy to make friends and have a good time on the trip! Your tour guide will try to make everyone interact and have the time of their life on tour whether it be through group activities, nights out, games, walking tours etc
I am wanting to book this tour through TourRadar, will you honour the tour operators promotional price?
Yes, we will honour all valid operator promotional prices.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Work hard, play hard, be kind, travel, travel, travel some more.....oh and always try the local food..."
- "Hi! I'm Elise and I've been working for Topdeck for a few years now. I'm absolutely addicted to Europe..."
- "Hey there - my name is Judes and I am a Maltese Australian working as a European Trip Leader with Topdeck..."
- "Hey guys! My name is Piotr and I have been working as a tour manager (trip leader) since 2013. It is..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Frances Anne9th April 2018
Red Star Special 2018 (Andalsnes)
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Berlin37 DaysMondayOct 1, 2018to Berlin0 seats left$216USD $5,183Sold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany , Finland , Estonia , Latvia and Lithuania
- KroneDenmark and Norway
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Estonia, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Estonia, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Russia, Latvia and Lithuania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Russia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Berlin.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for Red Star Special 2018 (Andalsnes).
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 October 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Red Star Special 2018 (Andalsnes), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Berlin (Germany)
- 355 km
- Copenhagen (Denmark)
- 522 km
- Stockholm (Sweden)
- 416 km
- Oslo (Norway)
- 135 km
- Lillehammer (Norway)
- 218 km
- Andalsnes (Norway)
- 167 km
- Trondheim (Norway)
- 85 km
- Steinkjer (Norway)
- 504 km
- Tysfjord (Norway)
- 215 km
- Skibotn (Norway)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,006 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 23 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Red Star Special 2018 (Andalsnes)