Budgeting Bolshevik (Moscow to Beijing)
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 23 May 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,570
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Indiana Giorgious "I always wanted to do strip on the famous trans-siberian express train. I also always wanted to visit russia; I am passionate about old russian film cameras and going to moscow and siberia was the perfect place to visit! Moscow is beautiful but the most amazing time was on the train especially the part in 3rd class. So much fun!! speaking with locals, getting to know your fellow travellers but als..."
- +4 Destinations
- Trans Siberian
Start in Moscow and end in Beijing! With the train & rail tour Budgeting Bolshevik (Moscow to Beijing), you have a 13 day tour package taking you from Moscow to Beijing and through Moscow, Russia and 5 other destinations. Budgeting Bolshevik (Moscow to Beijing) is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel and hostel as well as an expert guide, transport and more.
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Berth / Cabin, Guesthouse, Sleeper Train, Yurt
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail
- Rather Poor
- KWKatyWritten on February 9, 20185.0 - Excellent100% book it now! Will be the most amazing weeks of your life. So many experiences that we wouldn’t have even the idea to do without Vodkatrain! All the honchos are amazing. Polina is practically my best friend - she would answer all our stupid questions at any time of the day no matter the time difference.Show detailed ratings
- AlexWritten on September 7, 20125.0 - ExcellentThis was an excellent experience that I thoroughly recommend. Firstly, the train itself is a very unique experience - amazing landscapes and scenery, interesting Russian people and the train itself all make it a very different trip. Then there are the guides provided that are very friendly and informative and always up ofr a laugh. Thirdly, even though this is the cheapest trip, it would be a lot harder to do it independently, and you are transported over a huge distance. Definitely recommend it to anyone, especially as a different start to your gap year.Show detailed ratings
- MoniqueWritten on September 5, 20124.0 - GoodThis was a great tour and had a fantastic time!! Our group of people was fantastic and we were fast friends. The guides in each place were good except for Moscow, we had an issue with lost luggage and an entry permit and she was very unhelpful. That was the only negative thing the whole trip though. Third classes am experience !! Not one I wiould do again but not one I would change for the world, it made the trip!! What an experience! Mongolia was far and away the best part of the trip, accommodation and activities and generally it was the highlight for me!!!Show detailed ratings
- HallaWritten on August 26, 20124.0 - GoodMost of the guides (or honchos) were quite good, but the one in Moscow, I think her name was Anna, she was not very enthusiastic. She did her job though and got us on the train.Show detailed ratings
- Indiana GiorgiousWritten on August 23, 20124.5 - ExcellentI always wanted to do strip on the famous trans-siberian express train. I also always wanted to visit russia; I am passionate about old russian film cameras and going to moscow and siberia was the perfect place to visit! Moscow is beautiful but the most amazing time was on the train especially the part in 3rd class. So much fun!! speaking with locals, getting to know your fellow travellers but also trying to order something from the restaurant car was just a good laugh!! The scenery from the window is just magic..I remember waking up in the middle of the night during one of the numerous train stops and seeing a beautiful LENIN statue in the middle of nowhere!!! All the small things like a train stop of 45 minutes is a big event on the train and it was fun to run and see as much as possible and trying to buy more food too. The other highlight of the train trip was the time in Mongolia! such a beautiful country and an amazing place for my photography!! We had an extraordinary guide there: ODKA! she was absolutely the best guide you can have: fun, upbeat and very helpful . I wish I spent more time at the get camp. It was my first time horse back riding and one morning we decided to wake up early to see the sunrise from a nearby hill: it was STUNNING! never been in a place like that! Overall the all journey was a good laugh even the long stops at border crossing. It was very sad to leave the group in China after having a great time together. This is just a truly unique experience that is really hard to describe by words or photographs..it is something you have to experience!!Show detailed ratings
- AmieWritten on August 22, 20123.0 - AverageThe only downside to tthis trip was getting to Moscow and being unable to find the hostel due to a really bad map. By the time we got there we had our first meeting and found out we were leaving the next morning before any of the attractions opened so we saw NOTHING in Moscow which was horrible. The first train ride was entertaining, no doors and it stunk and we had to deal with drunk Russians but it has made for some funny stories. Lake Baikal was AWSEOME and our guide was just gorgeous and so helpful. I dont think I've ever been so cold in my life but it was just amazing, a long way out of town but worth it. Definately have a suana if it is offered. Had a really quick tour around Irkukts [however you bloody spell it!] and would have liked another night there too but I guess we booked the shorter trip as we had limited time. Border crossing from here were so boring and painful if you had been drinking as there really are no toilets between Mongolia and China and it takes hours. Mongolia in the Ger camp was great, best accomodation the whole trip, again wish we had more than one night there, again bloody cold so using the drop toilets was a task especially at night in -35. Overall it was a good trip and I wish I hadn't had the time restrictions so I could have more time in Moscow and at the Ger camp and lake Baikal. Be prepared to walk a lot, not shower and eat re-hydrated foods and keep a calm and open mind.Show detailed ratings
- BeckyWritten on August 10, 20124.5 - ExcellentSo much fun! But be prepared to travel basic! We shared a sleeper train with a very loud snoring Ukrainian lady but made friends with some lovely Russians! The Vodkatrain is an amazing way to see and experience a country.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Days 1-2. Arrive Moscow
- Day 3. Moscow and on to Irkutsk
- Days 4 - 5. Onboard the Train
- Day 6. Hello Siberia!
- Day 7. Return to Irkutsk
- Day 8. Trans Mongolian Railway
- Day 9. Welcome to Mongolia!
- Day 10. Terelj National Park to Ulaanbaatar
- Day 11. Mongolia to Beijing
- Days 12-13. Beijing – Journey Concludes
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- John24th January 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Budgeting Bolshevik (Moscow to Beijing)
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- January 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Moscow13 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to Beijing0 seats leftSave $69USD $1,651CancelledSee similar tours on this date
- MondayJul 23, 2018from Moscow13 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Beijing10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $74USD $1,771
- MondayAug 20, 2018from Moscow13 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to Beijing10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $74USD $1,771
- MondaySep 24, 2018from Moscow13 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to Beijing10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $74USD $1,771
- MondayOct 22, 2018from Moscow13 DaysSaturdayNov 3, 2018to Beijing10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $65USD $1,570
- MondayJan 21, 2019from Moscow13 DaysSaturdayFeb 2, 2019to Beijing10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $74USD $1,771
- MondayMar 18, 2019from Moscow13 DaysSaturdayMar 30, 2019to Beijing10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $74USD $1,771
- MondayApr 15, 2019from Moscow13 DaysSaturdayApr 27, 2019to Beijing10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $74USD $1,771
- MondayMay 20, 2019from Moscow13 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to Beijing10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $77USD $1,848
- MondayJun 10, 2019from Moscow13 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to Beijing10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $77USD $1,848
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- Yuan RenminbiChina
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Russia, Mongolia and China. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Russia, Mongolia and China. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Russia, Mongolia and China. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Russia, Mongolia and China. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Russia and China. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia and China. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia, Mongolia and China. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Mongolia and China. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Recommended for China. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Moscow is the starting point and Beijing is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Vodkatrain booking. The remaining balance is then payable 75 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 4 August 2018 the full payment of $1,570 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 75 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1570 for Budgeting Bolshevik (Moscow to Beijing), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Vodkatrain will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Vodkatrain tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 6,311 km.
- Moscow (Russia)
- 4,205 km
- Irkutsk (Russia)
- 281 km
- Lake Baikal (Russia)
- 611 km
- Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia)
- 63 km
- Terelj National Park (Mongolia)
- 1,151 km
- Beijing (China)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,570 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,925 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 75 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Budgeting Bolshevik (Moscow to Beijing) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Budgeting Bolshevik (Moscow to Beijing)