- Our saving
- US $ 2,686
- St Petersburg
- +8 Destinations
- Trans Siberian
- Lake Baikal
- Experience the shaman culture
- Visit St. Basils
- Terelj National Park
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Sleeper Train, Yurt
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail
- Travel style
- Train & Rail, In-depth Cultural, Historical
- Rather Poor
- TTeaganWritten on September 5, 20183.5 - GoodWhile I absolutly loved each destination and the experiences in themselves, I did not feel I got much added value going through Vodkatrain. Aside from having the transfers to/from accommodation included at each location I didn't get much else out of using them. The honchos, while friendly, were unorganized and unknowledgable. They were unable to answer basic questions and had little to no knowledge of items on our actual itinerary. Our honcho in the final destination couldn't give us any information on our final day as "she wasn't working", so lots of people missed saying goodbye to each other as nothing was organized. I found there to be very poor communication and as a result my experience was much less enjoyable than it could and should have been. Great itinerary, although I would have liked longer in some places. With the exception of our honcho only booking accommodation for 3 of our 11 members in Lake Baikal and us having to find an alternative solution, the rest of the accommodation was pretty good. The trains were all different, from modern and air conditioned, to vintage and no A/C but that was all part of the experience. I was also very dissappointed with their feedback method, being a stack of papers left in the dorm which other members could then read, alter and throw away. I felt they did not care about my feedback or improving their services and I feel these forms should be collected on the spot or done online. I HIGHLY reccomend the trans-Siberian railway!! But I would reccomend doing it yourself.Show detailed ratings
- DDanWritten on August 9, 20182.5 - AverageLake time was good would of like 2nights there instead of in Irkustk but I understand it's because of the early train the following morn. 2days in Mongolia is like the perfect tease it makes you want more. The national park was beautiful would happily spend a week there exploring UB itself could do in a weekend nothing special in my opinion. Beijing - arrived in after 1500 and I don't feel the honcho was that interested so not really actually much of a tour in Beijing maybe add a day so can actually do something in the city I realise that a trip to the wall would take a full day but could visit stuff and things in the city. So my summery is I thoroughly enjoyed myself lucky to be part of a great group wouldn't of enjoyed it half as much if I did that solo honchos could be better and maybe add an extra day to actually include Beijing not just arrive in Beijing I would give the tour 8/10. I have created an Instagram account Rtw_travelblog which has photos and brief script about what we got upto aswell pictures of the trains and what life is really like. DanShow detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on May 9, 20184.5 - ExcellentEverything was amazing!! Highly recommend doing this vodkatrain tour!! Only thing that would made it totally perfect is having one more day in Moscow.Show detailed ratings
- RDRachaelWritten on August 4, 20162.0 - Rather poorWould not recommend. . Over priced tour with nothing included. basically you are just paying to have your train tickets handed to you, a car to pick you up and then a person to babysit you all day and then tell you that you need to pay for things and take you to overpriced touristy resteraunts. Was not what I expected!!!Show detailed ratings
- RaissaWritten on June 16, 20155.0 - ExcellentWe went on the Vodkatrain, 21 days was the perfect time between St. Peterburg and Beijing. Everything was very good organised, transfer and accommodation was good, honcho's were very friendly and we had lots of fun with the group! What I loved the most were the coffee and the cities in Russia, the sauna in lake Baikal, the beautiful people in Mongolia, horseriding and sleeping in a Ger in Terelj National park and of course the GREAT Wall in China. The 4 days in a row in the train were amazing as well, didn't expect that beforehand. Eating noodles, meeting local people, sleeping a lot, playing (drinking) games, reading, looking at the changing landscapes... YOLO! Just do it, and do it now!Show detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on May 21, 20144.5 - ExcellentI recently did the Vodkatrain trip from St Petersburg to Beijing with a friend and we both absolutely loved it! We opted for the March departure so we could experience Siberia in the cold. And cold it was! It didn't stop us from doing anything though, and the trains were so toasty and warm! Travelling through these areas is difficult, with little English spoken or written it would be near impossible to do as a solo traveler. Doing it through Vodkatrain we had everything organised for us so the stress and hassle was taken out of it. Along the way we were met by a honcho in each city. A local person showing us around made a world of difference. In St Pete's we were taken out each night to cool little restaurants and bars that we would never of found on our own. In Moscow we were shown around the city on foot, seeing so much more than we'd be able to with only a map in hand. In Mongolia out honcho 'Odka' was brilliant! Such a fun, lively girl who took so much pride in showing us her city and countryside. She was fantastic and made Mongolia one of the biggest highlight for being so great! The trains themselves were always a fun experience. Meeting and talking to locals was a real highlight. With us speaking no Russian and them no English initial conversation was done through Google Translator, hand signals and laughter. Soon enough though we found ourselves drinking, laughing and playing cards with our new friends. Suddenly the four days on the train flew by... Travelling this was was also great as we had other like minded people with us to share in the experience. All in all our Vodkatrain experience was fantastic! And I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to experience this amazing area of the world.Show detailed ratings
- ThomasWritten on January 6, 20134.0 - GoodHad a great time! Helped me get from England to Japan without flying! Check my video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEzH8wSjWfcShow detailed ratings
- StevenWritten on September 6, 20124.0 - GoodAn amazing tour, guides were great. Special thanks to Marina and Diana Kalmykova. Would recommend to all my friendsShow detailed ratings
- RobWritten on September 5, 20124.0 - GoodHad an amazing time. Started in Beijing for a couple of days, wandering around with a tour guide who didn't direct us, simply laid out all the options and explained everything we wanted to know then let us do our own thing. I was alone, so teamed up with a couple and had a very long but amazing few days wandering the length and breadth of Beijing. Then on to Mongolia! The train was comfortable, easy and also a lot of fun, we got chatting to some people nearby, one of whom turned out to work on the border of North and South Korea, of all places, great range of people. Mongolia was easily the highlight, great tour guide, bizarre and manic city with beautiful and expansive countryside. Waking up to half an inch of snow outside your warm Ger and horses wandering about is unlike anything I've seen before. Lake Baikal was next, with an incredible, huge, freshwater Lake stretching further than the eye could see, with incredible views from the top of a tiny little ski resort, very cool. The accomodation was amazing and the food was superb. From Lake Baikal the interesting 5 day train ride began. I was actually injured on the first morning of that train journey, a completely accidental cup of boiling tea was spilt on my leg and I couldn't walk for the next month, but the rest of the tour group and the tour guide in Moscow (the best tour guide of all) were all incredibly nice, helpful and I still managed to see a lot of Moscow, without being able to walk. An overnight train to St Petersburg next, with a great and very interesting tour guide (she sails boats around the world) and one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen. Excellent food, great sights and even a night out at one of the better restaurants in St Petersburg, where a completely unexpected strip show began. Only in Russia.Show detailed ratings
- EdWritten on September 5, 20124.0 - GoodI highly recommend this trip for any person of able age. The train was more comfortable than I thought it would be, I'm 6'2 and could stretch out at night. The package was well suited to those not sure of local sights and took the hassle out of getting around non English speaking countries. I had a great group of like minded travelers some of who I am still in contact 12 months later. The guides were mostly knowledgeable and helpful and it was some of the most memorable sights and experiences of my life.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Days 1-2: St. Petersburg
- Day 3: To Moscow
- Days 4-5: Moscow
- Days 6-9: Trans Siberian Railway
- Days 10-11: Irkutsk and Lake Baikal
- Days 12-13: Olkhon Island
- Day 14: Return to Irkutsk
- Day 15: Trans Mongolian Railway
- Day 16: Terelj National Park
- Day 17: Return to Ulaanbaatar
- Day 18: Trans Mongolian Railway
- Days 19-21: Beijing
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are there some age restrictions?
Yes, there is an age range of 18-35 years old.
104 travellers met before going on their Vodkatrain The Vodkatrain tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 15th October 20181 comment"Hello, I am Elise and I will arrive at St. Petersburg at October 13th. Is anyone els also arriving early? I am counting the days! See you soon, Elise "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anna9th July 2018
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- MondayOct 15, 2018from St Petersburg21 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Beijing0 seats left$180USD $3,060Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayNov 12, 2018from St Petersburg21 DaysSundayDec 2, 2018to Beijing10+ seats left$486$3,240-15%USD $2,754
- MondayDec 10, 2018from St Petersburg21 DaysSundayDec 30, 2018to Beijing10+ seats left$486$3,240-15%USD $2,754
- MondayMar 25, 2019from St Petersburg21 DaysSundayApr 14, 2019to Beijing10+ seats left$474$3,160-15%USD $2,686
- MondayApr 8, 2019from St Petersburg21 DaysSundayApr 28, 2019to Beijing7 seats left$506$3,370-15%USD $2,864
- MondayApr 29, 2019from St Petersburg21 DaysSundayMay 19, 2019to Beijing7 seats left$506$3,370-15%USD $2,864
- MondayMay 6, 2019from St Petersburg21 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Beijing8 seats left$506$3,370-15%USD $2,864
- MondayJun 3, 2019from St Petersburg21 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Beijing10+ seats left$506$3,370-15%USD $2,864
- MondayJun 24, 2019from St Petersburg21 DaysSundayJul 14, 2019to Beijing10+ seats left$526$3,505-15%USD $2,980
- MondayJul 15, 2019from St Petersburg21 DaysSundayAug 4, 2019to Beijing7 seats left$526$3,505-15%USD $2,980
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Yuan RenminbiChina
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Russia, Mongolia and China. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Russia, Mongolia and China. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Russia, Mongolia and China. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Russia, Mongolia and China. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Russia and China. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia and China. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia, Mongolia and China. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Mongolia and China. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Recommended for China. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- St Petersburg is the starting point and Beijing is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Vodkatrain booking. The remaining balance is then payable 75 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 December 2018 the full payment of $2,686 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 75 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2686 for The Vodkatrain, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Vodkatrain will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Vodkatrain tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- St Petersburg (Russia)
- 633 km
- Moscow (Russia)
- 4,205 km
- Irkutsk (Russia)
- 281 km
- Lake Baikal (Russia)
- 58 km
- Olkhon Island (Russia)
- 223 km
- Irkutsk (Russia)
- 521 km
- Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia)
- 63 km
- Terelj National Park (Mongolia)
- 63 km
- Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia)
- 1,169 km
- Beijing (China)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,686 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,819 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 75 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for The Vodkatrain via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 25 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on The Vodkatrain