Road to Athens
- Our saving
- US $ 3,789
- Explore the streets of Paris
- Enjoy the Swiss Alps on scenic hikes
- Taste the Tapas and Churros of Spain
- Soak up the sun while sailing Greece
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Bungalow
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ship
- Rather Poor
- BWBrittanyWritten on December 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentCouldn’t have asked for a better trip with a better tour guide, it was great, he was great and I met some amazing people along the journey. Definitely recommend top deck.Show detailed ratings
- HPHayleyWritten on October 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentI hadn't such an amazing time on my trip! Saw so many incredible places and met so many great people on the wayShow detailed ratings
- AlexaWritten on September 28, 20154.5 - ExcellentThis tour was incredible! Our guide and driver were so friendly, helpful and caring. The breakfasts were ok but all the other food was delicious ! I suggest you bring a external power source because having one that charges 2-4 times helps you out when you only have one charging port in most hostels/hotels. We had a magnificent time sailing and made several friends along the way. Most of The accommodations were good but we had the unfortunate event of bed bugs at 2 of them. To be on the safe side bring a lavender spray or something to keep them away. I would totally recommend this tour but I suggest you do the mega European because nobody wants to leave friends halfway through the trip. Another tip is to pack light and only a few things you will actually wear. I had a backpack with about 1/2 of which I didn't use. Loved this tour and all of my new Aussie and kiwi friends ! Deni (from Bulgaria) was the best tour leader and knew so much about everything ! Let's not forget about Peter our saviour, manoeuvrering the bus around the crazy streets of Italy and Greece ! Incredible driving skills Peter !Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewLove the photos! Glad you enjoyed your Topdeck trip you certainly got a lot in by the looks of it. Very good travelling tips for all future topdeckers. Our crew love what they do we hope to see you on the road again. Thanks Topdeck :)
- JadeWritten on September 15, 20154.0 - GoodThe guide was amazing, they really make or break the trip and he made it for us.Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewThank you for the feedback our crew are our superstars on the road hope to see you back again :) Topdeck.
- GSGeorgiaWritten on September 10, 20155.0 - ExcellentAnt was the best trip leader we could wish for and that we had. He was just an all rounder! Fabulous personality made everyone feel welcome and involved, life of the party, and sometimes your mum. He was overly organised making us feel safe and confident in where we were going and enjoying where were. Full of information and the right amount of history. He deserves this award cause he is amazing at his job!!Show detailed ratings
- NicoleWritten on August 17, 20155.0 - ExcellentMy top deck tour was easily the most fun and exciting trip of my life, and this experience was greatly enhanced by our trip leader Monika who continuously went above and beyond her duty to ensure that all traveller were having the best possible trip. Her excess of knowledge about all the places we visited was extraordinary and allowed her to converse with travelers more conversationally than other guides who read facts out of a book. Monika's kind and friendly personality made it easy for her to become more than our guide, but also a friend with whom we greatly enjoyed sharing our trip with. I cannot thank Monika enough for what a wonderful job she does and would highly recommend her :)Show detailed ratings
- LisaWritten on September 15, 20145.0 - ExcellentAwesome trip. I recommend.Show detailed ratings
- ElyseWritten on August 27, 20145.0 - ExcellentBarry was an exceptional tour leader!Show detailed ratings
- LibertyWritten on December 1, 20114.5 - ExcellentMy guide and driver (vicki & frenchie) were awesome, they made or group feel like a family. They're helpful hints were useful during free time. I did a tour with another company straight after and didn't get the same experience from staff which was disappointingShow detailed ratings
- Jaimi-leeWritten on December 1, 20114.5 - ExcellentFantastic.... Best thing I have every done and topdeck made it so easy to enjoy every moment! Would highly recommend topdeck to anyone who wants value for money and a good time!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London, England to Paris, France
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Bordeaux
- Day 4: Bordeaux to San Sebastian, Spain
- Day 5: San Sebastian to Barcelona, Spain
- Day 6: Barcelona
- Day 7: Barcelona to French Riviera, France
- Day 8: French Riviera including Monaco visit
- Day 9: French Riviera to Swiss Alps, Switzerland
- Day 10: Swiss Alps
- Day 11: Swiss Alps to Venice, Italy
- Day 12: Venice
- Day 13: Venice to Florence
- Day 14: Florence to Rome
- Day 15: Rome including Vatican City visit
- Day 16: Rome to Sailing in Greece via Overnight Ferry
- Day 17: Sailing in Greece
- Day 18: Sailing in Greece
- Day 19: Sailing in Greece
- Day 20: Sailing in Greece to Athens
- Day 21: Athens to Mykonos
- Day 22: Mykonos
- Day 23: Mykonos
- Day 24: Mykonos to Santorini
- Day 25: Santorini
- Day 26: Santorini to Athens
- Day 27: Athens
- Day 28: Athens
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 1, 2016
Is this tour only for young people?
Topdeck operates tours for travellers between ages 18-39. They are geared towards active, budget-minded young travellers who want to meet other people from all over the world, and tend to be very popular with students and backpackers. If you are looking for a tour better suited to your age range, we would be happy to assist you in finding some alternatives.
- March 14, 2016
I saw in a previous review that this tour is part of a bigger tour "mega european" is that true?
That is correct! Lots of Topdeck tours are divided into "legs" and are part of a larger tour as well. This allows travellers to pick exactly which tour is right for you. If you are interested in the mega european trip I've included the link below!
- March 1, 2016
Is this tour part of a bigger tour "Mega European" ?
That is correct. Lots of Topdeck tours are divided into "legs" and are part of a larger tour as well. This allows travellers to pick exactly which tour is right for you.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hi I am a trip leader at Topdeck. I decided to get into trip leading due to the perfect mix of travel..."
- "Hey guys! My name is Piotr and I have been working as a tour manager (trip leader) since 2013. It is..."
- "CIAO BELLI! Here's Vincenzo (Vinnie for most of my Travellers), Italian through and through, after graduating..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Shelby29th January 2018
Road to Athens
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- TuesdayApr 3, 2018from London28 DaysMondayApr 30, 2018to Athens0 seats left$95USD $3,789
- TuesdayApr 17, 2018from London28 DaysMondayMay 14, 2018to Athens7 seats left$95USD $3,789
- TuesdayMay 1, 2018from London28 DaysMondayMay 28, 2018to Athens0 seats left$95USD $3,789
- TuesdayMay 8, 2018from London28 DaysMondayJun 4, 2018to Athens0 seats left$95USD $3,789
- TuesdayMay 15, 2018from London28 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to AthensOnly 1 seat left$99USD $3,949
- TuesdayMay 22, 2018from London28 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to Athens0 seats left$99USD $3,949
- TuesdayMay 29, 2018from London28 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to AthensOnly 3 seats left$99USD $3,949
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from London28 DaysMondayJul 2, 2018to Athens0 seats left$99USD $3,949
- TuesdayJun 12, 2018from London28 DaysMondayJul 9, 2018to AthensOnly 1 seat left$99USD $3,949
- FridayJun 15, 2018from London28 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to Athens0 seats left$103USD $4,119
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Spain , Monaco , Italy and Greece
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain and Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- London is the starting point and Athens is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for Road to Athens.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 4 May 2018 the full payment of $3,789 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3789 for Road to Athens, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 43 km
- Calais (France)
- 235 km
- Paris (France)
- 486 km
- Lauterbrunnen (Switzerland)
- 382 km
- Avignon (France)
- 357 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 503 km
- Monaco (Monaco)
- 341 km
- Verona (Italy)
- 103 km
- Venice (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,789 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,423 tours in Europe
- covered by 191 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Road to Athens