Grand Trans Siberian
- Our saving
- US $ 9,682
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Sleeper Train, Yurt
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail
Other reviews about Sundowners Overland:Write a review
- Sylvia Hobbs's review about another Sundowners Overland tour5.0 - ExcellentFantastically organized tour, everything it said it was. Local Mongolian Guides were fantastic and everything ran smooth... Read more
- Gordon Taylor's review about another Sundowners Overland tour4.0 - GoodSuperb experience ,thought delay at Mongolia Russia boarder was excessive. Tour leader was exellent,could not have been... Read more
- Jenny Hearle's review about another Sundowners Overland tour4.0 - GoodGood trip, excellent guide.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Tokyo
- Day 2: Tokyo and to Takayama
- Day 3: Takayama to Kanazawa
- Days 4-5: Kyoto via Nara
- Days 6-7: Across the Sea of Japan
- Day 8: Welcome to Russia!
- Days 9-11: Vladivostok to Ulan Ude
- Day 12: Ulan Ude
- Day 13: To Mongolia
- Day 14: Ulaanbaatar
- Day 15: To Terelj National Park
- Day 16: Return to Ulaanbaatar and to Irkutsk
- Days 17-18: Lake Baikal
- Days 19-21: Irkutsk and the Trans Siberian Railway
- Days 22-23: Kazan
- Day 24: Kazan and to Moscow
- Days 25-26: Moscow
- Day 27-30: St. Petersburg
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 1, 2016
Tell me about the felt tent, how basic is it?
The Ger Camp at Terelj National Park is where we stay in the traditional Mongolian Gers (felt tents) and these are very warm and comfortable. They are multi share - usually 4 people to a ger and have comfortable single beds. There are shared bathroom facilities at the camp which are in buildings not far from each ger. There is also a restaurant. We have a Mongolian photo gallery on our website that you can view which might also help to give you a better idea about what to expect at the camp.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Wendy29th January 2018
Grand Trans Siberian
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Tokyo30 DaysTuesdayJul 3, 2018to St Petersburg0 seats left$393USD $9,442Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayJul 2, 2018from Tokyo30 DaysTuesdayJul 31, 2018to St Petersburg10+ seats left$403USD $9,682
- MondayOct 8, 2018from Tokyo30 DaysTuesdayNov 6, 2018to St Petersburg10+ seats left$403USD $9,682
- MondayJun 10, 2019from Tokyo30 DaysTuesdayJul 9, 2019to St Petersburg10+ seats left$403USD $9,682
- MondayJul 8, 2019from Tokyo30 DaysTuesdayAug 6, 2019to St Petersburg10+ seats left$403USD $9,682
- MondaySep 30, 2019from Tokyo30 DaysTuesdayOct 29, 2019to St Petersburg10+ seats left$403USD $9,682
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan, Russia and Mongolia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan, Russia and Mongolia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan and Russia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Recommended for Russia and Mongolia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Russia and Mongolia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Russia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia and Mongolia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Mongolia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and St Petersburg is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Sundowners Overland booking. The remaining balance is then payable 75 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 August 2018 the full payment of $9,682 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 75 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $9682 for Grand Trans Siberian, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Sundowners Overland will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Sundowners Overland tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 229 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 71 km
- Kanazawa (Japan)
- 190 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 36 km
- Nara (Japan)
- 1,001 km
- Vladivostok (Russia)
- 2,053 km
- Ulan Ude (Russia)
- 439 km
- Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia)
- 63 km
- Terelj National Park (Mongolia)
- 63 km
- Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $9,682 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,500 tours in Asia
- covered by 187 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 75 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Grand Trans Siberian via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 26,525 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Asia tours