A Taste of the Danube (Eastbound)
- Our saving
- US $ 999
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Rather Poor
- RKRichardWritten on October 7, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
First class ship, excellent Cruise Director and crew, splendid food, very high standard of guides on included excursions, brilliant virtuosity and entertainment from Pressberger Duo,optional concert in Vienna superb.
- JYJeremyWritten on May 15, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Food and architecture
- DDanWritten on July 27, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
A great experience. I would book with Avalon again.
- CCathyWritten on July 27, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Our first Avalon Cruise ... the crew was outstanding; shore trips informative and entertaining; loved having fewer than 150 passengers on board (love the larger cruises but this was much more personal); On board entertainment was unique and fun and the... Read more
- PpaulaWritten on July 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
- JFJanWritten on July 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fabulous cruise. Almost all tours were included with attention to detail. Acc, food all first class
- GHGildaWritten on July 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
All the staff/crew members are excellent including your tour guide from Avalon who accompanies you along the way. I got particularly excellent service when I advised them of my food sensitivities. I would encourage anyone considering Avalon to take... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: VIENNA, AUSTRIA (EMBARKATION)
- Day 2: MELK
- Day 3: BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA
- Day 4: BUDAPEST, HUNGARY (DISEMBARKATION)
Avalon Waterways Ships
- Avalon Imagery IIOne of 2016's two new additions to the youngest fleet on Europe's waterways, the Imagery II continues all of Avalon's outstan… Read moreBuilt2016Guests65 - 130Crew37Length110 m / 361 ftSuites52Staterooms12Gross Tonnage2022 gtBeam12 m / 39 ftCruising Speed12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph
- Avalon VisionaryTake in the view like never before on the Avalon Visionary. You'll enjoy the intimate setting achieved with two full decks of suites… Read moreBuilt2012Guests65 - 130Crew37Length110 m / 361 ftSuites52Staterooms12Gross Tonnage2022 gtBeam12 m / 39 ft
- EnvisionThe Avalon Envision is the newest addition to the 2019 Avalon Suite Ship fleet. With the youngest fleet of ships on Europe's waterway… Read moreBuilt2018Guests83-166Crew47Length135 m / 443 ftSuites67Staterooms16Gross Tonnage2775 gtBeam12 m / 39 ft
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Christina13th February 2019
A Taste of the Danube (Eastbound)
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- May 2020
- July 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- MondayMay 11, 2020from Vienna4 DaysThursdayMay 14, 2020to Budapest10+ seats left EnvisionEnvision$150$1,599-9%USD $1,449+ $78 TaxesBased on Category E Twin
- MondayJul 13, 2020from Vienna4 DaysThursdayJul 16, 2020to Budapest8 seats left Avalon VisionaryAvalon Visionary$250$1,599-16%USD $1,349+ $78 TaxesBased on Category E Twin
- FridaySep 11, 2020from Vienna4 DaysMondaySep 14, 2020to Budapest10+ seats left Avalon VisionaryAvalon Visionary$150$1,599-9%USD $1,449+ $78 TaxesBased on Category E Twin
- SundayOct 18, 2020from Vienna4 DaysWednesdayOct 21, 2020to Budapest10+ seats left EnvisionEnvision$250$1,299-19%USD $1,049+ $78 TaxesBased on Category E Twin
- SundayNov 22, 2020from Vienna4 DaysWednesdayNov 25, 2020to Budapest9 seats left Avalon Imagery IIAvalon Imagery II$250$1,249-20%USD $999+ $78 TaxesBased on Category E Twin
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroAustria and Slovakia
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Austria, Slovakia and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Slovakia and Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Slovakia and Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Vienna is the starting point and Budapest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Avalon Waterways to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Avalon Waterways booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 June 2019 the full payment of $999 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $999 for A Taste of the Danube (Eastbound), but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Avalon Waterways tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Vienna (Austria)
- 76 km
- Melk (Austria)
- 23 km
- Durnstein (Austria)
- 121 km
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- 161 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $999 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 11,759 tours in Europe
- covered by 440 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on A Taste of the Danube (Eastbound)