- Our saving
- US $ 3,378
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Bungalow
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- BBelindaWritten on January 3, 20184.0 - GoodI did the 30 day Eastern Adventure with Topdeck (in 2016) and it was amazing! Our guide and driver were very knowledgeable from history to places to eat and things to see on our free days, they were also very flexible when people wanted to do something a little bit different/on their own and in general just great fun to be around. The itinerary itself was great, although we had some small changes (due to security reasons and we were informed prior to the trip commencing) post booking I quickly forgot about what we "missed out" on and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of my trip and the extra time we had elsewhere instead. With the exception of maybe 1 or 2 places the accommodation was great (hotels, hostels & cabins) with most of the hostels being more like a hotel anyway having private bathrooms and sometimes only 3 or 4 in a room. The group ranged in ages from 18/19 - late 30's which was great as a 30 year old. One thing that really stood out for me with Topdeck is their focus on TRAVELLING and experiencing the culture of where you are each day, of course there was plenty of partying too but unlike other tour companies partying is not the top priority on Topdeck which is great and means there is no pressure when you want to have a "quiet" night and make the most out of each city you are in. The highlights of this particular trip for me were, Bosnia, Serbia, Plitvice Lakes & Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp.Show detailed ratings
- EBEmmaWritten on October 24, 20174.0 - GoodTrip was beyond what I had expected but not for the typical reasons that come to mind. While the accomodation, trip organisation etc were what you’d expect-it was the personal stories and understanding of European history by the trip leader that made the tour enriching and unique. I got more out of the tour hearing the tour leaders (and family) personal experiences from living in Europe (WWII and Yokoslavian war) than some Aussie tour leader reading from what they learnt on the internet. Would easily rate the tour experience 10/10.Show detailed ratings
- AAlexandraWritten on December 12, 20164.0 - GoodTravelling for 29 days through east teen Europe with Ruta was such an amazing experience. Could not have asked for a better/more knowledgable and caring tour guide.Show detailed ratings
- NONatashaWritten on December 12, 20164.0 - GoodRuta was my top deck leader this year on a 21 day tour around Europe. Ruta made the trip so much more enjoyable and was always bubbly and cheerful. She was so informative and I learned so much about the history of the countries we visited. She always went the extra mile to make sure everyone was enjoying themselves and was looked after. I am very thankful that I had Ruta as my leader.Show detailed ratings
- MTMeaganWritten on December 28, 20154.5 - ExcellentI was so glad I chose Topdeck for my second tour in Europe. It was really good value for money with the food, accommodation and included extras, especially compared to Contiki. The tour was run really well, and I loved my guide and driver, and I got the perfect balance of time with the group and free time, and we got all the information we needed in every place we went. Would definitely do Topdeck again.Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewThanks Meagan, fantastic to hear everything ran smoothly on your Eastern Adventure trip, we welcome you back anytime. ~ Topdeck.
- AllieWritten on August 17, 20155.0 - ExcellentMonika created an amazing vibe for our tour. It didn't matter if you had been on tour from the tart, or joined part of the way through, you were very welcomed. Her information on every town and country throughout our tour was incredible. She was willing to answer any random question that we may have. Her suggestions on what to do in each town and more importantly where to eat, was always spot on. No one who took her suggestion of Happy bar and grill in Sofia was disappointed. Most of us would say it was one of the best (and cheapest) meals we ate. She willing gave up her extra time to hang out or join in with another activity and she made the whole tour the best we could have had. She kept calm when things didn't go quite as planned and made it into just another adventure. I thank her immensely for everything she did and can't recommend her highly enough as a guide! This tour is incredible and I say sign up and DO IT!Show detailed ratings
- MatthewWritten on August 6, 20155.0 - ExcellentI had the time of my life! I spent 30 days immersed in new and exotic Eastern European locations, with a very friendly and enthusiastic group of people, on a surprisingly comfortable bus in the capable hands of our knowledgeable friend Jude, and with a tour leader who was so entertaining that even a 2 hour border crossing on the coach was kinda fun! Elise was simply a brilliant tour leader. She ensured we all felt we were in capable hands, and she was always informative and helpful, but more than that, she was just there for us all! It was always going to be an amazing trip. Elise made it twice as fun!Show detailed ratings
- MelWritten on June 18, 20155.0 - ExcellentMy Eastern Europe trip wouldn't have been nearly as amazing without Elise. I joined the Mega European trip halfway through and Elise made me feel so welcome. She always makes the dreaded long bus days bearable and she was so passionate about every city we visited. With all of the inside jokes and amazing memories, it'll be a trip I'll never forget, Elise is 10/10!Show detailed ratings
- DanWritten on December 17, 20145.0 - ExcellentBarry is an excellent tour guide. He puts 110% into ensuring everyone enjoys themselves, no matter what kind of holiday they're expecting. He goes above and beyond at each stage of the tour and really makes the effort into connecting with his tour group. Everyone left considering him a good friend.Show detailed ratings
- SSamWritten on November 20, 20145.0 - ExcellentBest experience of my life so far, It would have been nothing without Elise she is an amazing person and really made it special for everyone.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Athens, Greece
- Day 2: Athens to Mykonos
- Day 3: Mykonos
- Day 4: Mykonos
- Day 5: Mykonos to Santorini
- Day 6: Santorini
- Day 7: Santorini to Athens
- Day 8: Athens
- Day 9: Athens to Meteora
- Day 10: Meteora to Tirana, Albania
- Day 11: Tirana to Dubrovnik, Croatia via Budva, Montenegro
- Day 12: Dubrovnik
- Day 13: Dubrovnik
- Day 14: Dubrovnik to Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Day 15: Sarajevo to Belgrade, Serbia
- Day 16: Belgrade to Budapest, Hungary
- Day 17: Budapest
- Day 18: Budapest to Vienna, Austria via Bratislava, Slovakia
- Day 19: Vienna to Krakow, Poland
- Day 20: Krakow
- Day 21: Krakow to Prague, Czech Republic
- Day 22: Prague
- Day 23: Prague to Berlin, Germany
- Day 24: Berlin
- Day 25: Berlin to Copenhagen, Denmark
- Day 26: Copenhagen
- Day 27: Copenhagen to Hamburg, Germany
- Day 28: Hamburg to Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Day 29: Amsterdam
- Day 30: Amsterdam to London, England
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 23, 2015
What does the food fund cover?
Food fund for Eastern Adventure covers all included group meals while you are on the trip. This tour includes all breakfasts and some fresh lunches lunches while travelling - which means you can save on expensive lunches from motorway service stations and enjoy higher quality food. Meals at local restaurants are also included giving you the opportunity to try local cuisines. The food fund needs to be paid upfront before the departure.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hi! I'm Elise and I've been working for Topdeck for a few years now. I'm absolutely addicted to Europe..."
- "Hey guys! My name is Piotr and I have been working as a tour manager (trip leader) since 2013. It is..."
- "CIAO BELLI! Here's Vincenzo (Vinnie for most of my Travellers), Italian through and through, after graduating..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Danielle6th March 2018
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- SundayApr 22, 2018from Athens30 DaysMondayMay 21, 2018to London0 seats left$141USD $3,378
- SundayMay 6, 2018from Athens30 DaysMondayJun 4, 2018to London0 seats left$141USD $3,378
- SundayMay 20, 2018from Athens30 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to London0 seats left$141USD $3,378
- SundayMay 27, 2018from Athens30 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to LondonOnly 2 seats left$141USD $3,378
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Athens30 DaysMondayJul 2, 2018to London8 seats left$148USD $3,551
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Athens30 DaysMondayJul 9, 2018to London0 seats left$148USD $3,551
- SundayJun 17, 2018from Athens30 DaysMondayJul 16, 2018to London0 seats left$148USD $3,551
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Athens30 DaysMondayJul 23, 2018to London0 seats left$148USD $3,551
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Athens30 DaysMondayJul 30, 2018to London8 seats left$148USD $3,551
- WednesdayJul 4, 2018from Athens30 DaysThursdayAug 2, 2018to London0 seats left$156USD $3,743
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGreece , Slovakia , Austria , Germany , Netherlands and Belgium
- KorunaCzech Republic
- Pound sterlingEngland
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, Serbia, Bosnia, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bulgaria and Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Athens is the starting point and London is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for Eastern Adventure.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 May 2018 the full payment of $3,378 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3378 for Eastern Adventure, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 153 km
- Mykonos (Greece)
- 153 km
- Athens (Greece)
- 272 km
- Meteora (Greece)
- 271 km
- Kavala (Greece)
- 199 km
- Gallipoli (Turkey)
- 205 km
- Istanbul (Turkey)
- 505 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 330 km
- Belgrade (Serbia)
- 206 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,378 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,447 tours in Europe
- covered by 190 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Eastern Adventure