California Rail Journey
- Our saving
- US $ 3,293
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Venture along many of California's heritage railways.
- Ride on the Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad.
- Learn about the USA's railroad history.
- View the spectacular Fresno River Viaduct.
- Age range
- 12 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- All Inclusive
- Travel style
- Train & Rail, Adventure, In-depth Cultural
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 — Arrivals in Oakland
- Day 2 — San Joaquins and Railtown 1897 State Historic Park
- Day 3 — Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad
- Day 4 — Altamont Pass / Niles Canyon; San Francisco and Cable Cars
- Day 5 — San Francisco Bay / Napa Valley Wine Train
- Day 6 — California’s Newest Railroad; California State Railroad Museum
- Day 7 — Departures from Sacramento
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the average group size?
The group size can vary from 6 to 16 travellers depending on the departure date of the tour.
Are you able to arrange pre and post tour accommodation?
Generally, additional accommodation is unable to be booked with Black Sheep Adventures however if you do require accommodation before or after the tour please contact our team of Travel Experts to see what options are available to you.
Are airport transfers included?
Airport transfers are not included in the tour price and are unable to be booked with Black Sheep Adventures, however, if you have booked additional accommodation before and after the tour, we recommend checking directly with the hotel you are staying at to see if they have an airport shuttle available.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Diana18th January 2019
California Rail Journey
- FridaySep 6, 2019from Oakland7 DaysThursdaySep 12, 2019to Sacramento10+ seats left$102USD $3,293
- FridayMay 1, 2020from Oakland7 DaysThursdayMay 7, 2020to Sacramento10+ seats left$105USD $3,390
- FridaySep 4, 2020from Oakland7 DaysThursdaySep 10, 2020to Sacramento10+ seats left$105USD $3,390
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Oakland is the starting point and Sacramento is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Black Sheep Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 August 2019 the full payment of $3,293 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3293 for California Rail Journey, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Black Sheep Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Black Sheep Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Oakland (USA)
- 13 km
- San Francisco (USA)
- 60 km
- Napa Valley (USA)
- 77 km
- Sacramento (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,293 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,125 tours in North America
- covered by 107 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for California Rail Journey via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2,470 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North America tours