- +4 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Discover the Giza pyramids and Sphinx
- See the Valley of Kings
- Explore the Khan el-Khalili market
- Wander the streets of Cairo
- Rather Poor
- JJordanDavisWritten on August 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe Nile Discovery tour with Topdeck was amazing! Everything was organised really well & we felt so safe having insider knowledge in each destination we visited. Hany & Meena were super fun & flexible with plans so we all got to enjoy it to the fullest! Would 100% recommendShow detailed ratings
- JJasmineNikoraWritten on July 21, 20185.0 - ExcellentAll I can say is AMAZING! Me and my partner Kane have travelled a long way for this trip and waited a life time to come to Egypt. With the help of Top deck and specially Hany, has made our life time trip the most memorable trip we could ask for! The highlight of our trip was the Boat party and dressing up in our ancient Egyptian clothes and having a good time together. We have made friends for a life time on this trip, & I can not thank Hany more, for looking after us, making sure we were okay the whole trip. It’s saddly coming to an end. All I want to say is that who ever said Egypt is not safe, well it is!!! And the cruise was the best ever! I can highly recommend, & also... if your in Hanys group, you will have the best time. So chill & relaxing. We are truly going to miss EgyptShow detailed ratings
- BBrijahnGrigorWritten on July 21, 20184.0 - GoodLoved the cruise and the food on the cruise was great. The tour guide was also very good. The activities and places we stopped by were all fantastic!Show detailed ratings
- TrentWritten on July 21, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour was really well run. Hany went out of his way, beyond what would be expected from a tour guide. He made sure everyone had a good time and everything went smoothly. I have been on many tours including Contiki and have found Hany to have been the best of them all! I also found the driver and any support staff were also friendly and helpful . Special mention to Sam, one of the guides who went of his way and explained the history of Egypt to a tee. He definitely was passionate and made things easy to understand. Egypt is a must visit! I cannot recommend the tour enough.Show detailed ratings
- SNSebastianWritten on July 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentSuch a wonderful tour! Especially our tour leader Haney, Mina and Hamada. Not only did they show us the beautiful temples, but they were kind and friendly and showed us the real culture of Egypt! So happy we went, and I'd encourage everyone to. Egypt is beautiful and Topdeck does it so well!Show detailed ratings
- FfabioWritten on April 29, 20183.5 - GoodYou could have give an estimate amount to the entrance tickets for this tour. The overnight transportation (16h) was very uncomfortable. I wouldn't have minded paying a hundred more for a domestic flight.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on April 2, 20183.5 - GoodA great way to see the major Egyptian attractions in a week - so much jammed in to one week but it did not feel rushed. Therefore be prepared for very early wake up calls (4/5am) and long bus rides (10-14 hours) on very average roads - this isn’t made very clear by top deck before booking. The guides and leaders are fantastic and a highlight in their own right. Credit to topdeck here sourcing these individuals. The down sides for me are that the food on the tour is largely included in the trip and therefore highly westernised. I would of preferred more freedom to choose local food. Whilst I found some, I personally prefer to eat local as much as possible. However due to the uncertainty around hygiene the tour prefers to play it safe for those less adventurous. Last, As the itinerary was so packed there wasn’t much time to explore Egypt on your own. So understand that you will spend a lot of time with the tour group and have little chance to spend half a day on your own. All in all, I had a good time and saw everything I wanted to see. Highly recommended for those who just want to see the amazing country and ancient history. Not so suitable for those looking to relax, party or individually explore the culture.Show detailed ratings
- JSJasonWritten on October 25, 20164.0 - GoodIt was an amazing tour of Egypt! Our tour leader Willy was awesome. He was helpful and always made sure we are safe and having a good time. He made extra effort to make the trip worthwhile for all of us. Our tour guide Medo was equally exceptional armed with enthusiasm and knowledge of the Egyptian culture and history. We were hesistant at first to come to Egypt for our safety but never had we felt we were in danger in any way. It was a memorable experience having been able to experience and see Egypt.Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewHi there, Thanks for the great review, glad to hear you had an amazing time in Egypt. We would love to hear your thoughts on the transportation to allow our team to make improvements. If you could pass on your feedback to email@example.com that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Team Topdeck
- KaraWritten on August 7, 2012Show detailed ratings4.5 - Excellent
- AAnonymousWritten on May 10, 20115.0 - ExcellentJust want to say a big thank you to everyone at Top deck egypt for the fantastic trip that my wife and I had. this trip was just fantastic, to all the guides, Ramsey espically thanks for all patience and making the trip really liad back and friendly. To all the egyptologists, Jimmy, Medo and espically Sam, your passion for Egypt is fantastic, its past present and future I hope it all goes well for the future. If anyone is thinking of doing a tour in Egypt this is the one, the sites are amazing the people are great and you will have a great time.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo, Egypt
- Day 2: Cairo to Aswan via Overnight Coach
- Day 3: Aswan to Nile Cruise Ship
- Day 4: Nile Cruise Ship
- Day 5: Nile Cruise Ship
- Day 6: Nile Cruise Ship to Cairo via Luxor and Overnight Coach
- Day 7: Cairo
- Day 8: Cairo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the local payment?
The local payment for Nile Discovery by Topdeck is a compulsory cost that is paid upon arrival to your local tour guide.
Your guide will use the amount to cover food purchases, camping costs and other local activities mentioned in the tour itinerary.
The other added benefit is that It also allows you to save part of the full tour price amount until the tour departs, instead of paying for the full trip upfront.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$51USD $1,228Based on Double
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$51USD $1,228Based on Double
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$51USD $1,228Based on Double
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$51USD $1,228Based on DoubleBook Now Hold my
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$51USD $1,228Based on Double
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$51USD $1,228Based on Double
- SundayNov 18, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayNov 25, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$51USD $1,228Based on Double
- SundayDec 2, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayDec 9, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$51USD $1,228Based on Double
- SundayDec 16, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayDec 23, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$56USD $1,353Based on Double
- SundayDec 30, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayJan 6, 2019to Cairo10+ seats left$56USD $1,353Based on Double
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Max group size
- 30 is the maximum group size for Nile Discovery.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 October 2018 the full payment of $1,228 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1228 for Nile Discovery, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 232 km
- Abu Simbel (Egypt)
- 316 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,228 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,330 tours in Africa
- covered by 127 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Nile Discovery