- Our saving
- US $ 959
- Guided tours of the pyramids
- Soak up some ancient history of Cairo
- Ride the felucca sailboat down the Nile
- Visit Karnak for a touch of Luxor
- Rather Poor
- EEmmaMeehanWritten on July 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentAbsolutely amazing. Mina was an excellent tour guide, went above and beyond! Itinerary and optional inclusions exceeded my expectations! Every day trip was informative, interesting and fun! Local tour guides were great! Would come back in a heartbeat!Show detailed ratings
- HHannahBizreWritten on July 23, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis tour and this Country left me absolutely speechless! Egypt has been on my list for a while and I’m so glad I finally decided to go. This Topdeck tour also made it extremely easy, safe and super enjoyable! The tour although wouldn’t have been the same if it wasn’t for our amazing tour leaders Mina and his brother Ben whom was training and did a wonderful job! The boys made each day fun and exciting, providing us with excellent advice, fun stories and entertainment, but also professionally getting us through the itinerary and activities in the most efficient and best way possible, making sure we did the most we could and got the most out of each destination. I have been on a few tour groups and these boys were definitely stand outs! These guys have set the mark high and don’t think they can be beaten, them and the tour truely made me fall in love with Egypt. Each place we visited in Egypt left me constantly amazed by the ancientness and deep history the country has (also providing so many instagram perfect photos). Egypt would have to be my most favourite country visited so far! This place is definitely a bucket list destination that I think everyone should visit! I promise you that you won’t regret it. Can’t wait to go back!Show detailed ratings
- VVivianVuWritten on July 21, 20185.0 - ExcellentHamada was a great tour leader. Always approachable and always helpful. We went during the summer time, so that was rough! But other than that the activities and sites we went to were perfect. Just what we wanted to see in Egypt. Would highly recommend!Show detailed ratings
- BBrittanyAzzopardiWritten on July 21, 20184.0 - GoodAlthough the bus Is in need of some renovation, my tour guide Harmada done everything he could to make my experience in Egypt one to remember! Harmada went out of his way to organise everything and make everyone on my tour as happy as possible. The sights included on this tour covered all major tourist attractions within Egypt however, it should be noted in the trip that entry fees are not included. Overall I was happy with my Topdeck experience and would recommend this trip to others.Show detailed ratings
- PPearlKyleRobinsonWritten on July 21, 20184.0 - GoodHamada did everything her could to give us the best experience on this trip. He went above and beyond to clear up anything that was unclear and make us comfortable and happy with our travelsShow detailed ratings
- PPearlWritten on July 21, 20184.0 - GoodHamada was an amazing guide who did everything he could to make every individual happy each day, he went out of his was to make us comfortable and cleared up any confusions we hadShow detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on July 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentHighly recommend this tour and exploring this country !! Love every minute of it ! Thank-you so much to our amazing tour managers ( ben and mena ) for making our experience beyond any expectations previously set . I can say that these two were the best tour managers I have ever had out of all the Topdeck and contiki tours I have done ( and I’ve done a lot in my time ) . Out of the many countries I have visited Egypt is now sitting at number one of the most amazing place I have explored . You cannot go past this country . The food, sights, history and culture is something everyone needs to tick off their bucket lists!! Again huge thanks to ben and mena for treating us like their family for the entirety of the tour . Checkout my photos below of the sights, food and photos with our guides !Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on July 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentHighly recommend this tour and exploring this country !! Love every minute of it ! Thank-you so much to our amazing tour managers ( ben and mena ) for making our experience beyond any expectations previously set . I can say that these two were the best tour managers I have ever had out of all the Topdeck and contiki tours I have done ( and I’ve done a lot in my time ) . Out of the many countries I have visited Egypt is now sitting at number one of the most amazing place I have explored . You cannot go past this country . The food, sights, history and culture is something everyone needs to tick off their bucket lists!! Again huge thanks to ben and mena for treating us like their family for the entirety of the tour . Checkout my photos below of the sights and photos with our guides !Show detailed ratings
- LLaurahubinskyWritten on July 18, 20185.0 - Excellenthighly recommend this tour and country ! Thank- you so much to our amazing tour guides ( ben and mena ) for making our experience in this country beyond amazing . By far the best tour managers I have ever had out of all the contiki & Topdeck tours I have done ( and I have done a lot over the years ) . Out of the 30 countries I’ve travelled to, Egypt is definitely at number one for the best country I have explored . Never once did I feel unsafe in this country again ( thank you ben and mena ) and there was never a bad memory made . Egypt is a country that you need to tick off your list of places to visit. The culture, food, history and sights is something you cannot miss on your travels . Checkout my photos below of our awesome trip managers and myself, Aswell as some of the sights .Show detailed ratings
- GGraceHorneWritten on July 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentEssential Egypt was a fantastic experience, our tour guide Mena ensured that we experienced Egypt and ate traditional food. Furthermore I felt safe and secure throughout the trip. The staff ensured all our needs were meet. From taking me to a pharmacy to helping another girl on our tour who had lost her luggage, go shopping. Thanks to trainee tour leader Ben for this. The local guides were also fantastic and very informative explaining the history of ancient Egypt to us in ways that we could follow. I would most defiantly recommend taking this tour you will not regret it.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo, Egypt
- Day 2: Cairo to Aswan via Overnight Coach
- Day 3: Aswan
- Day 4: Aswan
- Day 5: Aswan to Luxor
- Day 6: Luxor to Cairo via Overnight Coach
- Day 7: Cairo
- Day 8: Cairo
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I am 41years old and the tour states the age range is 18-39. Can I participate in this tour?
Unfortunately these age restrictions are set by the tour operator and have to be honoured. We do have lots of other options for Egypt though.
What are the inclusions of this tour?
Already included in the tour price for "Essential Egypt" is accommodation, transport, an expert trip leader, breakfast everyday and transfers to/from the airport.
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Work hard, play hard, be kind, travel, travel, travel some more.....oh and always try the local food..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Vicki10th June 2018
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$40USD $959Based on Double
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$40USD $959Based on Double
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$40USD $959Based on Double
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$40USD $959Based on Double
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$40USD $959Based on Double
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$40USD $959Based on Double
- SundayNov 18, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayNov 25, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$40USD $959Based on Double
- SundayDec 2, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayDec 9, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$40USD $959Based on Double
- SundayDec 16, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayDec 23, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$44USD $1,055Based on Double
- SundayDec 30, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayJan 6, 2019to Cairo10+ seats left$44USD $1,055Based on Double
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Max group size
- 30 is the maximum group size for Essential Egypt.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 October 2018 the full payment of $959 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $959 for Essential Egypt, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 232 km
- Abu Simbel (Egypt)
- 383 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $959 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,330 tours in Africa
- covered by 127 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Essential Egypt