- Our saving
- US $ 959
- Guided tours of the pyramids
- Soak up some ancient history of Cairo
- Ride the felucca sailboat down the Nile
- Visit Karnak for a touch of Luxor
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hotel, Sleeper Bus
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- MMMarcWritten on June 11, 20183.0 - AverageThe first thing that happened when we met was get told we had to pay about 3,000 Egyptian pounds in cash for the entrances to the monuments and optional activities. It's not the fault of the guides, but TopDeck and the way they run things. If the itinerary is organized around specific monuments/museums they should either (a) include it in the price up front, or (b) allow for an option to pay with credit card. Asking for cash up front is tacky and took about an hour explaining everything and walking the big group across a crazy and wild street (Cairo is not safe when it comes to walking across streets) to get to an ATM to get the requisite 3,000 pounds. There really wasn't any time beyond that besides dinner to get to know everyone. I get it, credit card companies charge a fee; they should just pass that on to the customer. I would gladly pay for a more hassle-free experience. Plus, you need to keep taking out cash because many banks limit the amount you can take out in a day, slapping you with international ATM fees along the way. I spoke with a guide who told me that they do it that way because some people don't want to go to this or that. I could understand if we're talking about the optional activities, but not the activities baked into the itinerary (who would skip the pyramids, am I right?!). I took a tour with another company and it was all included except extra optional activities. Much more pleasant. The guides were great. Very nice, warm, and supportive. One girl in our group forgot her passport at a hotel and didn't figure it out until we were 10 hours away. Our guides got in gear and had the passport in her hand the very next morning. I was impressed.Show detailed ratings
- WAWillWritten on November 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis was a truly incredible experience!! Our trip leader Will (Waleed) was absolutely amazing!! There is no better tour guide on the planet, this guy is awesome!! Will went above and beyond to make sure everyone in the group was having a great time from the minute everyone arrived and really made an effort to get to know everyone in the tour. Egypt is a phenomenal place that has rich history (that's an understatement), amazing culture, great people and terrific food! Top Deck do a great job in making sure you have an experience that exceeds expectations. Everything from the airport transfer, to the trip leader, to the local tour guides (the knowledge these guys had was unbelievable), the accommodation, to making sure every thing runs well and most importantly making sure everyone has a great time. I highly recommend Top Deck Egypt to anyone and can't thank Will and the whole group enough for an amazing time!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on January 27, 2008After taking part in this awesome adventure I would definitely recommend Topdeck as a travel company, and this particular tour as a great experience. Egypt is one of the most amazing places you will ever visit. On this tour you are able to discover the magical sights of Cairo, Aswan and Luxor, partaking in such activities as a Pyramids and Sphinx of Giza tour, Abu Simbel, felucca and camel ride down the Nile, a traditional Nubian dinner in a mud hut in middle of small village, dinner cruise down Nile in Cairo, market shopping and much much more. As well as this you get to meet some fantastic people to share your travel with, and all the time are guided by expert tour leaders. We had a great tour leader who was Oxford educated in Egyptology, who was not only very knowledgeable but had a great sense of humour and made the tour really fun. Stayed in some really nice hotels with pools to relax in after a hard days exploring the desert, the only downside of this tour being the two overnight train rides you need to take. All that is worth it though...you will have the best travel experience and will definately want to return to feel the vibe of Egypt again!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo, Egypt
- Day 2: Cairo to Aswan via Overnight Coach
- Day 3: Aswan
- Day 4: Aswan
- Day 5: Aswan to Luxor
- Day 6: Luxor to Cairo via Overnight Coach
- Day 7: Cairo
- Day 8: Cairo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- August 1, 2016
I am 41years old and the tour states the age range is 18-39. Can I participate in this tour?
Unfortunately these age restrictions are set by the tour operator and have to be honoured. We do have lots of other options for Egypt though.
- April 1, 2016
What are the inclusions of this tour?
Already included in the tour price for "Essential Egypt" is accommodation, transport, an expert trip leader, breakfast everyday and transfers to/from the airport.
- April 1, 2016
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Work hard, play hard, be kind, travel, travel, travel some more.....oh and always try the local food..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayJul 8, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$40USD $959Based on Double
- SundayJul 15, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayJul 22, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$40USD $959Based on Double
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$40USD $959Based on Double
- SundayJul 29, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayAug 5, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$40USD $959Based on Double
- SundayAug 12, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayAug 19, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$40USD $959Based on DoubleBook Now Hold my
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$40USD $959Based on Double
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$40USD $959Based on Double
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$40USD $959Based on Double
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$40USD $959Based on DoubleSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$40USD $959Based on Double
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Max group size
- 30 is the maximum group size for Essential Egypt.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 11 August 2018 the full payment of $959 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $959 for Essential Egypt, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 232 km
- Abu Simbel (Egypt)
- 383 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $959 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,079 tours in Africa
- covered by 109 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Essential Egypt