A Taste of the Rhine (Southbound)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,749
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Robert Leisenring's review about another Avalon Waterways tour4.5 - Excellent
Low water and motor coach use for part of the trip were the only issues. Avalon did a great job of working around the issues and has offered generous compensation for the inconvenience. I’ll use Avalon again.
- Edda Williams's review about another Avalon Waterways tour5.0 - Excellent
I would be more than happy to recommend Avalon Waterways as a cruise provider. As the Rhine was too low to navigate at one point, Avalon provided an alternative day’s bus tour and transport to our new ship. They also refunded us a day’s cruising cost as... Read more
- Jerry Hunter's review about another Avalon Waterways tour5.0 - Excellent
It was simply amazing!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: AMSTERDAM, HOLLAND (EMBARKATION)
- Day 2: AMSTERDAM
- Day 3: COLOGNE, GERMANY
- Day 4: BOPPARD—RHINE GORGE
- Day 5: MAINZ (DISEMBARKATION)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Avalon Waterways Ships
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gerry6th November 2018
A Taste of the Rhine (Southbound)
- Upcoming departures
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- November 2020
- MondayMay 11, 2020from Amsterdam5 DaysFridayMay 15, 2020to Mainz10+ seats left Avalon Artistry IIAvalon Artistry II$250$1,999-13%USD $1,749+ $104 TaxesBased on Category E Twin
- SundayMay 17, 2020from Amsterdam5 DaysThursdayMay 21, 2020to Mainz10+ seats left Avalon Imagery IIAvalon Imagery II$250$2,099-12%USD $1,849+ $104 TaxesBased on Category E Twin
- WednesdayJul 22, 2020from Amsterdam5 DaysSundayJul 26, 2020to Mainz10+ seats left Avalon Artistry IIAvalon Artistry II$250$1,999-13%USD $1,749+ $104 TaxesBased on Category E Twin
- WednesdaySep 30, 2020from Amsterdam5 DaysSundayOct 4, 2020to Mainz10+ seats left Avalon Artistry IIAvalon Artistry II$250$2,099-12%USD $1,849+ $104 TaxesBased on Category E Twin
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroNetherlands and Germany
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Amsterdam is the starting point and Mainz is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Avalon Waterways to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Avalon Waterways booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 May 2019 the full payment of $1,749 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1749 for A Taste of the Rhine (Southbound), but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Avalon Waterways tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 214 km
- Cologne (Germany)
- 90 km
- Boppard (Germany)
- 37 km
- Rudesheim (Germany)
- 23 km
- Mainz (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,749 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 11,023 tours in Europe
- covered by 395 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 24,535 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours