Christmas & New Year - 10 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,490
- Spend Christmas Day in beautiful Paris
- Discover Switzerland’s winter wonderland
- Enjoy incredible scenery along the Rhine
- Ring in the New Year in lively Amsterdam
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Local Transport
- Rather Poor
- JohnWritten on February 13, 20172.0 - Rather poorI want to share other travelers with my pros and cons so that you are informed and benefit from my experience. Expat Explore is perceived as a budget tour company. The biggest selling point is you can visit many countries in a short time. If you don’t want to do any travel planning yourself and want to be just a follower, then this tour may be for you. Below I list the pros and cons based on my experience: Pros: 1. Be a lazy traveler. Just sit on the bus and visit different countries 2. You can bypass many border check points by being with the tour group. This saves time 3. You can visit many countries in a short time 4. The bus driver and tour guide try pretty hard to keep on time 5. You may get to know other travelers Cons: 1. Hotels are at most 2 stars sometimes I don't even consider them star rated. Very poor conditions 2. Meals included are jokes. For the Christmas dinner we had, my son called it “two-dollar meal”. 3. For some places you want to spend more time, you have to leave quickly. Vice versa, the places you want to move on, you have to stay there for hours. 4. You will be taken to perfume museums or chocolate stores so that tour guides can get kick-backs from your purchases. 5. Finally, the budget tour is actually not inexpensive. I figured if we do it ourselves, we could save at least 30% by staying in much better hotels and having much nicer meals. Conclusion: I will definitely do it myself next time around.Show detailed ratings
- RRouneelahWritten on January 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentBest experience ever. Wonderful places. Beautiful hotels and very warm people. Carl, the founder of Expat is one of the most down to earth person we've ever meet. Thanks expat for the once in a lifetime experience.Show detailed ratings
- LisaWritten on January 13, 20165.0 - ExcellentOur trip with Expat Explore Travel was amazing! We were skeptical to go on a 10-day bus tour with strangers, but it was the best experience ever. We are a family of four, with two kids aged 21 and 19, and were a bit overwhelmed with having to map out where to stay and how to get from destination A to B over several countries in 10 days, so we decided to give this a try. From the moment we booked the tour, Expat Explore kept us up to date with every step we needed to take, exact details on where to meet the group, etc. We had just the right mix of doing activities with the group versus going off on our own. Can't say enough about our tour leader, Mark. He was the BEST! He was informative, entertaining, sincere, and took care of everything. He kept us on time, went out of his way to arrange some "surprises" for us at different locations, and made the trip 150% for us. Bill, our bus driver, was also entertaining, kept us on time, entertained, and most importantly, safe! It was great not having to worry about the little details, and Mark always had options for us at each place we visited. Our bus had a great mix from families with teenagers to older retired couples, and we all got along and SO enjoyed getting to know other families from all over the world. If you're looking for a wonderful tour with nice hotel accommodations (not 5-star hotels) with clean rooms and ambience, look no further. A great value for the money. We will definitely use again and recommend this tour group to others. Thanks Mark for making our Christmas & New Year's extra special!!Show detailed ratings
- JustinWritten on January 4, 20134.0 - GoodHad an amazing time on this 10 day Christmas & New Years trip. In each city we got a little tour, and also had optional activities if we wanted to do them. You also have a few free days where you can do whatever you want by yourself or with others on the tour, so if you want to explore the city you can or just chill out. If you are looking to do a tour of Europe, with a fun group of people, then it's definitely worth doing. Looking forward to booking another trip with Expat Explore this year!Show detailed ratings
- MeganWritten on January 4, 20135.0 - ExcellentEverything was brilliant and I am looking into my next tour for the summer already!:)Show detailed ratings
- JennifferWritten on January 4, 20133.5 - GoodHad an amazing time. Hotel was not what I expect. They seem to be more like 1-2 stars. Food was a joke (besides Christmas dinner) Breakfast, for the moat part, was a joke. Be prepared to pay for breakfasts as well as other meals. The tour itself was great. You make it what you want. If you want to relax or do ad many things as you want, its all possible. I would recommend this trip to anyone.Show detailed ratings
- JessWritten on January 4, 20134.0 - GoodSuch a wonderful 10 days! Thank you thank you thank you! (Although Rhine Valley river cruise was very boring...)Show detailed ratings
- SourabhWritten on January 4, 20133.5 - GoodEnjoyed every bit of this tour, thanks Expat!!!Show detailed ratings
- JoelWritten on July 19, 20125.0 - ExcellentBloody Brilliant!!!! I had the best time ever on this trip. Ali Tour Guide and the group made the trip even better and made us feel like a big family. I would definitely do this trip again!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on July 19, 20125.0 - ExcellentBloody Brilliant!!!! I had the best time ever on this trip. Ali Tour Guide and the group made the trip even better and made us feel like a big family. I would definitely do this trip again!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London - Paris
- Day 2: Paris (Christmas Day)
- Day 3: Paris - Free day
- Day 4: Burgundy - Swiss Alps
- Day 5: Swiss Alps - Free day
- Day 6: Swiss Alps - Free day
- Day 7: Swiss Alps - Rhine Valley
- Day 8: Rhine Valley - Amsterdam (New Year's Eve)
- Day 9: Dutch Countryside Tour
- Day 10: Bruges - London
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Expat Explore Travel | Christmas Video | Christmas Tour
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 1, 2017
Is the flight included?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
- August 1, 2016
How will the accommodation be for a group of 3 travelers?
It's entirely up to you. We can put in a request for a tripple room if you'd prefer to be in the same room. Otherwise, one of you can share with another traveler of the same gender. The other option is to pay a single supplement upgrade for one person so that she can have her own room instead.
- July 18, 2016
Between London Gatwick and London Heathrow airports, which will be better for the tour?
All London airports are well connected to the city, Heathrow and Gatwick in particular (though for a transfer, Gatwick is more expensive as it is further out). We would recommend you base your decision on the flight that is cheaper and timed better for your comfort.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gemma, 31 years old7th April 2017
Christmas & New Year - 10 Days
- SundayDec 24, 2017from LondonTuesdayJan 2, 2018in LondonPriceUSD $1,5900 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayDec 24, 2018from LondonWednesdayJan 2, 2019in LondonOur saving$260Price$1,750-15%USD $1,49010+ spaces leftInstant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Netherlands and Belgium
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 42 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 30 November 2017 the full payment of $1,490 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 42 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1490 for Christmas & New Year - 10 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 343 km
- Paris (France)
- 494 km
- Jungfraujoch (Switzerland)
- 685 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 18 km
- Volendam (Netherlands)
- 191 km
- Bruges (Belgium)
- 235 km
- London (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,490 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,421 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 42 days prior to the departure date.
- 106 travellers have already met
before they left for Christmas & New Year - 10 Days tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Christmas & New Year - 10 Days