Christmas & New Year - 10 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,720
- Spend Christmas Day in beautiful Paris
- Discover Switzerland’s winter wonderland
- Enjoy incredible scenery along the Rhine
- Ring in the New Year in lively Amsterdam
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Local Transport
- Rather Poor
- BDBellaWritten on January 6, 20182.5 - AverageTerrible Guide and Driver. We took a 10 day Christmas Tour from Paris to London. The experience would have been great, had we had a different guide and driver. The guide named Kaeleigh was rude and unaccommodating. Even after clients told her off for her manner, she remained un-appologetic. Complaints were brushed away like they did not matter, rather than addressed or resolved. Add to that a driver named Stewart who terrorised clients to the point that they did not want to ask questions anymore or even use the restroom, and you can just imagine what hell it was. If it were not for the great group of fellow travellers, I would never have finished the tour.Show detailed ratings
- DebraWritten on January 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe went on our first Expat tour and we decided to make it the 10 day Xmas tour,with our family from December 24 2017 to Jan 2 2018. Our tour guide was Kaeliegh and driver Stuart. Kaeileigh made you feel at ease immediately, she was very welcoming and professional.Stuart packed the luggage very efficiently and carefully with the help of some of the men. In Paris we had 3 days including Xmas day and it was awesome! I injured my knee on the very first night getting on Paris metro but everyone was so very helpful, and kaeleigh and Sturt did their very best to help me. We met two other families of 5 on the tour and they were beautiful people, we had a mix of ages from approx 14-80 , and we all interaCted wonderfully throughout the tour. Unfortunately there was a group of people from Mauritius on the tour who spoiled it for a number of us, they were rude and impolite, never listened to instructions given by the tour leader , and were never on time , at one stage in Lucerne we had to wait over an hour for one of them to return to the bus ( which they never did) , their phone was turned off and we discovered later she had returned to the hotel after the lake cruise without notifying the tour leader or any one else. They were awful to sit near on the bus as again they were rude, spoke whilst tour leader was speaking so u missed some of the things that were said, they wouldn’t move around the bus in seating as initially instructed and no one from the 3 families wanted to sit near them. However put them to one side and kaeleigh made the tour still extremely enjoyable, the accommodation was lovely and clean , food delicious, optional tours all fantastic, the only one we didn’t do was the Paris Tour as we had other things we wanted to do and with my knee injury I didn’t want to hold everyone up. Switzerland was by far my favourite place , the optional to Juangfrau was well worth the money, kaeleigh made it so easy to get from trAin to train and was always mindful of me being on crutches. Amsterdam was sooooo busy being New Year’s Eve on arrival, it was raining and of course cold ... after all it was winterShow detailed ratings
- VNVandanaWritten on January 2, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe trip was fabulous, IBIS room was slightly small for 3 in Paris since we were travelling with a child, otherwise Helen ensured everything was perfectShow detailed ratings
- JohnWritten on February 13, 20172.0 - Rather poorI want to share other travelers with my pros and cons so that you are informed and benefit from my experience. Expat Explore is perceived as a budget tour company. The biggest selling point is you can visit many countries in a short time. If you don’t want to do any travel planning yourself and want to be just a follower, then this tour may be for you. Below I list the pros and cons based on my experience: Pros: 1. Be a lazy traveler. Just sit on the bus and visit different countries 2. You can bypass many border check points by being with the tour group. This saves time 3. You can visit many countries in a short time 4. The bus driver and tour guide try pretty hard to keep on time 5. You may get to know other travelers Cons: 1. Hotels are at most 2 stars sometimes I don't even consider them star rated. Very poor conditions 2. Meals included are jokes. For the Christmas dinner we had, my son called it “two-dollar meal”. 3. For some places you want to spend more time, you have to leave quickly. Vice versa, the places you want to move on, you have to stay there for hours. 4. You will be taken to perfume museums or chocolate stores so that tour guides can get kick-backs from your purchases. 5. Finally, the budget tour is actually not inexpensive. I figured if we do it ourselves, we could save at least 30% by staying in much better hotels and having much nicer meals. Conclusion: I will definitely do it myself next time around.Show detailed ratings
- RRouneelahWritten on January 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentBest experience ever. Wonderful places. Beautiful hotels and very warm people. Carl, the founder of Expat is one of the most down to earth person we've ever meet. Thanks expat for the once in a lifetime experience.Show detailed ratings
- LisaWritten on January 13, 20165.0 - ExcellentOur trip with Expat Explore Travel was amazing! We were skeptical to go on a 10-day bus tour with strangers, but it was the best experience ever. We are a family of four, with two kids aged 21 and 19, and were a bit overwhelmed with having to map out where to stay and how to get from destination A to B over several countries in 10 days, so we decided to give this a try. From the moment we booked the tour, Expat Explore kept us up to date with every step we needed to take, exact details on where to meet the group, etc. We had just the right mix of doing activities with the group versus going off on our own. Can't say enough about our tour leader, Mark. He was the BEST! He was informative, entertaining, sincere, and took care of everything. He kept us on time, went out of his way to arrange some "surprises" for us at different locations, and made the trip 150% for us. Bill, our bus driver, was also entertaining, kept us on time, entertained, and most importantly, safe! It was great not having to worry about the little details, and Mark always had options for us at each place we visited. Our bus had a great mix from families with teenagers to older retired couples, and we all got along and SO enjoyed getting to know other families from all over the world. If you're looking for a wonderful tour with nice hotel accommodations (not 5-star hotels) with clean rooms and ambience, look no further. A great value for the money. We will definitely use again and recommend this tour group to others. Thanks Mark for making our Christmas & New Year's extra special!!Show detailed ratings
- JustinWritten on January 4, 20134.0 - GoodHad an amazing time on this 10 day Christmas & New Years trip. In each city we got a little tour, and also had optional activities if we wanted to do them. You also have a few free days where you can do whatever you want by yourself or with others on the tour, so if you want to explore the city you can or just chill out. If you are looking to do a tour of Europe, with a fun group of people, then it's definitely worth doing. Looking forward to booking another trip with Expat Explore this year!Show detailed ratings
- MeganWritten on January 4, 20135.0 - ExcellentEverything was brilliant and I am looking into my next tour for the summer already!:)Show detailed ratings
- JennifferWritten on January 4, 20133.5 - GoodHad an amazing time. Hotel was not what I expect. They seem to be more like 1-2 stars. Food was a joke (besides Christmas dinner) Breakfast, for the moat part, was a joke. Be prepared to pay for breakfasts as well as other meals. The tour itself was great. You make it what you want. If you want to relax or do ad many things as you want, its all possible. I would recommend this trip to anyone.Show detailed ratings
- JessWritten on January 4, 20134.0 - GoodSuch a wonderful 10 days! Thank you thank you thank you! (Although Rhine Valley river cruise was very boring...)Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London - Paris
- Day 2: Paris (Christmas Day)
- Day 3: Paris - Free day
- Day 4: Burgundy - Swiss Alps
- Day 5: Swiss Alps - Free day
- Day 6: Swiss Alps - Free day
- Day 7: Swiss Alps - Rhine Valley
- Day 8: Rhine Valley - Amsterdam (New Year's Eve)
- Day 9: Dutch Countryside Tour
- Day 10: Bruges - London
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Expat Explore Travel | Christmas Video | Christmas Tour
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 1, 2017
Is the flight included?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
- August 1, 2016
How will the accommodation be for a group of 3 travelers?
It's entirely up to you. We can put in a request for a tripple room if you'd prefer to be in the same room. Otherwise, one of you can share with another traveler of the same gender. The other option is to pay a single supplement upgrade for one person so that she can have her own room instead.
- July 18, 2016
Between London Gatwick and London Heathrow airports, which will be better for the tour?
All London airports are well connected to the city, Heathrow and Gatwick in particular (though for a transfer, Gatwick is more expensive as it is further out). We would recommend you base your decision on the flight that is cheaper and timed better for your comfort.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
Christmas & New Year - 10 Days
- MondayDec 24, 2018from London10 DaysWednesdayJan 2, 2019to London10+ seats left$30$1,750-2%USD $1,720Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Netherlands and Belgium
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 1 August 2018 the full payment of $1,720 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1720 for Christmas & New Year - 10 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 343 km
- Paris (France)
- 494 km
- Jungfraujoch (Switzerland)
- 685 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 18 km
- Volendam (Netherlands)
- 191 km
- Bruges (Belgium)
- 235 km
- London (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,720 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,111 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Christmas & New Year - 10 Days