Highlights of Northern Spain
- San Sebastian
- Visit the home of genius Salvador Dali
- Travel along parts of the camino de santiago
- Enjoy the world-famous wines of La Rioja
- Explore vibrant San Sebastian
- Age range
- 40 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
Start in Barcelona and end in San Sebastian! With the in-depth cultural tour Highlights of Northern Spain, you have a 9 day tour package taking you through Barcelona, Spain and 9 other destinations in Spain. Highlights of Northern Spain is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- JSJanineWritten on October 11, 20174.0 - GoodThis was my first tour with Back-Roads and it was positive overall.. It is beautiful countryside and the pace was good on average (though at times too slow and others too rushed.) Our guide kept telling us he was not allowed to act as a local guide and would send us off with a map. I would have preferred to have a local guide more often. Sometimes our guide could have used the time on the bus better to tell us about the next stop so that we knew what we were seeing. One day we had a local guide for an hour or so in the morning, and another local guide for an hour or so in the afternoon, and the rest of the day was free time with no explanation about the village we were in.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Barcelona – Gerona – El Port De La Selva
- Day 2: El Port De La Selva – Cadaques – El Port De La Selva
- Day 3: El Port De La Selva – Besalu – Ripoll – Cardona
- Day 5: Cardona – Jaca – Leyre
- Day 6: Leyre – Olite – Laguardia
- Day 7: Laguardia – La Rioja – Laguardia
- Day 8: Laguardia – Getaria – San SebastiÁn
- Day 9: San SebastiÁn
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Small Group Tours of Europe & the UK
- The Road Less Travelled
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gemma, 31 years old7th April 2017
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Barcelona is the starting point and San Sebastian is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Back-Roads Touring to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Back-Roads Touring booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 December 2017 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Highlights of Northern Spain, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Back-Roads Touring : Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 738 km.
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 136 km
- Port de la Selva (Spain)
- 8 km
- Cadaques (Spain)
- 49 km
- Besalu (Spain)
- 42 km
- Ripoll (Spain)
- 229 km
- Jaca (Spain)
- 91 km
- Olite (Spain)
- 77 km
- Laguardia (Spain)
- 89 km
- Getaria (Spain)
- 18 km
- San Sebastian (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,425 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,115 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlights of Northern Spain