- Cook up an Italian feast in a Tuscan Villa
- Join a truffle hunt and sample local liquors in Piedmont
- Feel inspired in Florence, birthplace of the Renaissance
- Float down the canals of Venice and pull up in fair Verona
- Gaze at fantastic frescoes and amazing architecture
- Age range
- 40 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- AOAnnieWritten on February 11, 20182.0 - Rather poorShow detailed ratings
Completed Italian indulgence tour late 2017, very expensive for solo traveller & of course the worst hotel rooms when paying a single supplement, why? There's an old saying it's Tuesday it must be Rome, too fast & certainly NOT "Backroads" some hotels... Read more
- LSlanceWritten on November 12, 20173.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
We have just completed the back roads tour of Northern Italy. The bus was as tight with space and comfort similar to a Ryan Air/Jetstar economy flight. While there was so much that was wonderful it was let down by cheap hotels/broken fittings/no air con... Read more
- SSuzanneWritten on October 5, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Travel on the Italian Indulgence tour in July 2017.Our guide was Stefano Lai who was excellent in all aspects of his job.He was considerate, friendly and knowledgeable . Stefano also offered extra site seeing on top of the itinerary when time permitted.... Read more
- PSPatriciaWritten on July 31, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was my first group tour and I loved it. We were a small group and had a knowledgeable, friendly guide who went out of her way to make sure we were all ok and were enjoying ourselves. I would definitely encourage others to tour with Back Roads as, at... Read more
- MFMarilynWritten on June 16, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My husband and I did our first Back Roads tour this spring. (Italians Indulgence). We cannot stop talking about our trip--it was fantastic!. Stephano Lai was our tour guide and Fabio our driver. Both of these men knew and loved their country. They shared... Read more
- MSMaryWritten on May 31, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Have returned home recently from an Indulgence Back Roads Tour of Italy. A great holiday. No expectations at the beginning so every day special.
- CCathyWritten on May 8, 20173.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Have recently finished an Italy Indulgence Tour with Back-Roads. I chose the company because I did not want to see the countryside from motorways & this company really promoted itself on travelling on the "back roads". I was disappointed in this regard. We... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Rome – Assisi – Perugia
- Day 2: Perugia – Siena – Tuscany
- Day 3: Tuscany
- Day 4: Tuscany – Florence – Lucca
- Day 5: Lucca – Pisa – Lucca
- Day 6: Day 6: Lucca – Camogli – San Fruttuoso – Portofino – Santa Margherita Ligure
- Day 7: Santa Margherita Ligure – Barolo – Cherasco
- Day 8: Cherasco– Lake Orta – Lake Maggiore
- Day 9: Lake Maggiore
- Day 10: Lake Maggiore – Lecco – Tirano
- Day 11: Tirano – Lake Molveno – Trento
- Day 12: Trento – Verona – Venice
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Small Group Tours of Europe & the UK
- The Road Less Travelled
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What are the inclusions on this tour?
The tour inclusions are as follows:
11 nights accommodation - Backroads generally use a 3-star / 4-star standard of accommodation ranging from country inns to town centre hotels and the occasional castle! Rather than going by the official grading (based solely on facilities rather than the standard), we base our choices on quality. In all properties, the rooms have en-suite bathrooms.
Back-Roads tour leader
Driver & mini-coach transportation
Local guides & whispers in Florence & Venice
European breakfast daily
6 x evening meals, 2 x lunches
Italian pasta cooking class
Venice water taxi
Wine, olive oil, Montebore cheese, chocolate & nougat tasting
Included Entrances: Baptistery of St. John in Pisa, Cinque Terre Flexi pass & Isola Bella & Isola Madre on Lake Maggiore.
What are the group sizes?
Backroads tours run with a minimum of 4 people and and average of 12-16.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Edith, 72 years old29th September 2018
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Rome is the starting point and Venice is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Back-Roads Touring to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Back-Roads Touring booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 January 2019 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Italian Indulgence , but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Back-Roads Touring : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Rome (Italy)
- 130 km
- Assisi (Italy)
- 19 km
- Perugia (Italy)
- 89 km
- Siena (Italy)
- 50 km
- Tuscany (Italy)
- 94 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 62 km
- Lucca (Italy)
- 15 km
- Pisa (Italy)
- 15 km
- Lucca (Italy)
- 70 km
- Cinque Terra (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,535 tours in Europe
- covered by 274 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Italian Indulgence