Heart of England
- Our saving
- US $ 1,842
- Visit the childhood home of William Shakespeare
- Discover neolithic Avebury away from the crowds
- Stroll through iconic film sets in Lacock
- Snap picture-perfect villages in the Cotswolds
- Stay overnight in vibrant, historical Bath
- Age range
- 40 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- MAMargaretWritten on June 10, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe Heart of England I see a previous review and I whole heartedly agree. The best part of our trip. Felt rested and did not get tired like I did when we were sightseeing in London. Helen Pointer was absolutely amazing. She was very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and very hands on. She made our trip. Backroads is lucky to have her. What a amazing driver she is too. This was our first time doing this kind of trip as we usually go on our own and weren't sure if we would like a group trip. We were thrilled. The members of our trip were great, mostly Austrailians, we are Canadian and one more single Canadian. What a group. Will think back very fondly on this trip. Enjoyed everywhere we went, the food was good and liked our accommodations. Would recommend this trip and would do a Back-Roads tour again.Show detailed ratings
- FFeliciaWritten on September 28, 20165.0 - ExcellentMy husband and i took the 5 day "Heart of England" tour with Helen Pointer as our guide. I can't say enough good things about Helen. Her love for what she does shines through in everything she does. She was articulate, generous with information, great at making us a cohesive group, enthusiastic, the list goes on and on. What an asset to the company. The only bad thing that Helen did was completely spoil us for our other tours on this particular trip, because compared to Helen no one quite measured up. The boutique hotels we stayed at were charming and Helen knew just how much time we needed in each stop. It was always just the right amount of time. I wish that Backroads Touring would add their name to Trip Advisor because I had wanted to leave a glowing review there but wasn't able to. I knew nothing about Backroads Touring before we took this trip but they were the only tour company that were offering 3 days in Bath (though really it's only about 1-1/2 days in Bath since we arrive in the afternoon on day 1, spend the whole day in Bath on day 2, and then leave on the morning of the 3rd day). I like that with Backroads you don't have to worry about a darn thing. All of the entrance fees to the attractions are included in the price, along with a Welcome dinner and a Farewell dinner. Although my husband and I are not the most social of people I liked that the Welcome dinner gave us all a chance to form acquaintances and learn each other's name in a social atmosphere. Can't say enough good things about Backroads except that we'll definitely be using them again for our next trip overseas.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London – Oxford – Cotswolds
- Day 2: Cotswolds – Stratford-Upon-Avon – Cotswolds
- Day 3: Cotswolds – Lacock – Bath
- Day 4: Bath
- Day 5: Bath – Longleat – Avebury – London
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Small Group Tours of Europe & the UK
- The Road Less Travelled
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What times of morning do these tours leave accomodation? Eg 7 am? Do you have free time during day? What sort of accomodation do you provide?
Back-Roads Touring have hand-picked an extensive portfolio of quality properties across Europe. They generally use a 3-star / 4-star standard of accommodation ranging from country inns to town centre hotels. All hotel rooms are private ensuite.
Generally touring days are conducted at a leisurely pace; you can take your time and avoid rushing from place to place. Stops are made frequently during the day to avoid extended periods of time on the coach. On a typical day, you might leave at 9am and arrive at the hotel at 5pm.
In cities, walking tours are offered by your guide, however, you will also have free time to shop, relax etc.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
Heart of England
- MondayAug 6, 2018from London5 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to London4 seats left$78USD $1,881Based on Double Share
- MondayAug 27, 2018from London5 DaysFridayAug 31, 2018to London10+ seats left$78USD $1,881Based on Double Share
- MondaySep 3, 2018from London5 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to London10+ seats left$78USD $1,881Based on Double Share
- MondaySep 10, 2018from London5 DaysFridaySep 14, 2018to London10+ seats left$78USD $1,881Based on Double Share
- MondayOct 8, 2018from London5 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to LondonOnly 3 seats left$77USD $1,842Based on Double Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Back-Roads Touring to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Back-Roads Touring booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 September 2018 the full payment of $1,842 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1842 for Heart of England, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Back-Roads Touring : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 82 km
- Oxford (England)
- 50 km
- Cotswolds (England)
- 48 km
- Stratford-upon-Avon (England)
- 91 km
- Lacock (England)
- 17 km
- Bath (England)
- 22 km
- Longleat (England)
- 39 km
- Avebury (England)
- 120 km
- London (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,842 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,722 tours in Europe
- covered by 241 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Heart of England