Orkney & The Highlands
- Stay in Orkney Island, home to some ancient sites
- Explore countless archaeological treasures
- Travel beautiful coastal and countryside roads
- Experience towns steeped in Viking history
- Age range
- 40 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
Other reviews about Back-Roads Touring:Write a review
- Mitchell Richman's review about another Back-Roads Touring tour5.0 - ExcellentExcellent tour. Fantastic tour guide in David Longmire. His knowledge and personal history and background added so muc... Read more
- Alison Tulip's review about another Back-Roads Touring tour4.5 - ExcellentI loved that the tour was flexible going along the back roads. There were only four of us and that meant we saw more an... Read more
- Mark Bronson's review about another Back-Roads Touring tour4.0 - GoodThis was a very good and very thorough itinerary. The guide and driver were excellent, and the accommodations were large... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Inverness – Strathpeffer – Orkney
- Day 2: Orkney
- Day 3: Orkney – Wick
- Day 4: Wick – Dunrobin Castle – Inverness
- Small Group Tours of Europe & the UK
- The Road Less Travelled
- A Scottish Journey
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do you accommodate to single travelers?
The tour operator does accommodate single travellers.
You are more than welcome to join the group as a single traveller with sole use of your own room. Single rooms in European hotels can have one single bed, although in some hotels single travellers will have a double room for their own use. The single supplement is very reasonable.
Is this tour suitable for elderlies?
This tour is considered a "leisurely paced itinerary. So as long as you are up for a little bit of walking on some of the days Back-Roads would love to have you!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Inverness.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Back-Roads Touring to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Back-Roads Touring booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Orkney & The Highlands, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Back-Roads Touring : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 200 km
- Orkney Islands (Scotland)
- 79 km
- Wick (Scotland)
- 71 km
- Dunrobin Castle (Scotland)
- 58 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,842 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 21,972 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours