A Scottish Journey
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends in 23:08:27
- Visit Scotland’s enigmatic castles
- Journey through Inverness
- Explore the stunning Isle of Skye
- Marvel at enchanting lochs
- Age range
- 40 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
Start and end in Edinburgh! With the in-depth cultural tour A Scottish Journey, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Edinburgh, Scotland and 11 other destinations in Scotland. A Scottish Journey is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- MJMaryWritten on September 23, 20184.5 - ExcellentIt was a wonderful trip. Our bus driver, Steve was excellent. Tom McGiver, our tour guide gave us a full background of the history of Scotland. We wound up in the tail end of Helene, so couldn't visit Iona because ferries weren't running but had a very nice experience shopping/sightseeing in ToberMorey. Really had a good time!Show detailed ratings
- MBMarkWritten on May 15, 20184.0 - GoodThis was a very good and very thorough itinerary. The guide and driver were excellent, and the accommodations were largely decent. My main concern is with the coach itself. The seats are very tightly packed, and taller passengers might find comfort to be a challenge. I am very tall, and the guide and the group were gracious enough to let me have the one seat that I could sit straight ahead in. I get that this may be a necessary evil to keep the prices reasonable (and eliminating a few seats would necessarily increase the price per passenger),Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Edinburgh – St Andrews – Ballater
- Day 2: Ballater – Cawdor Castle – Culloden – Inverness
- Day 3: Inverness
- Day 4: Inverness – Loch Ness – Plockton – Isle Of Skye
- Day 5: Isle Of Skye
- Day 6: Isle Of Skye – Fort William – Isle Of Mull
- Day 7: Isle Of Mull – Isle Of Iona – Isle Of Mull
- Day 8: Isle Of Mull – Stirling – Edinburgh
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Small Group Tours of Europe & the UK
- The Road Less Travelled
- A Scottish Journey
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How many people are on the tour?
This is a great tour with small-group specialists, Back-Roads Touring. The maximum group size is 18 people.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Back-Roads Touring to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Back-Roads Touring booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for A Scottish Journey, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Back-Roads Touring : Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 765 km.
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 152 km
- Culloden (Scotland)
- 5 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 27 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 70 km
- Plockton (Scotland)
- 41 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 104 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Oban (Scotland)
- 33 km
- Isle of Mull (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,860 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on A Scottish Journey